• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1594

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
33231543258_9daa6c3571_o.jpg

Metro Exodus header courtesy of nattydread
See the 2019 thread here.

iFVryr.jpg

Limits: 3 screenshots per post.
Spamming: No more than 3 consecutive posts.
Naming: Always include the name of the game with the screenshots. Not everyone is a game encyclopedia.
Compression: Don't OVERLY compress your screens or use a host that compresses them. High quality JPGs are allowed. PNGs preferred.
Emulators: Emulator screens are fine. However, you should list the emulator used.
Spoilers: Please do not post major plot points from games released in the last 2 months.
Watermarks: Why? Why do you do this?

iFVge7.jpg

Lensdump: Easy to use and doesn't compress. Has albums for organization. Unlimited permanent image storage
Flickr: Up to 1000 images on a free account (as of January 8th, 2019). Great organization with albums, galleries, etc. Tons of groups and communities. Might be dead soon though.
Picpar: A simple and efficient image host.
Abload: Easy to use, doesn't compress jpegs further, auto-converts bmps to png nicely.

(feel free to suggest some other alternatives, as I'm not sure how up-do-date this list is)

iFVZJb.jpg

In-game photo\camera tools

Framed Screenshot Community Website
Started in 2019, this website is an ongoing effort to catalog all methods of achieving complete screenshot freedom in all the games!
Framed also has a Discord community where we share screenshots, photography, chat about PC screenshotting and... just about everything else too. We're a fun bunch. Ping me if you'd like an invite.

Unreal Engine Unlocker
Also on the Framed site, but deserves a special mention. This tool not only unlocks the console in MOST Unreal Engine 4 games, but also has built-in camera functionality, timestop, and a HUD toggle. This one tool adds photomode functionality to more games than any other single tool in existence, including Ansel.

Otis_Inf camera tools: Camera tools for a wide variety of games that features a custom, easy to use interface.
IDK31 camera tools: A collection of cheat engine tables featuring scripts for camera control, unlocked aspect ratio, custom FOV and HUD toggles.
SRWE: The hotsampling tool. It doesn't work for all games, but when it does, you have the easiest method possible to achieve high resolution screenshots and/or swapping to different aspect ratios with just a few clicks.

Screen capture \ image resizing

FastStone: It's free and easy to use. You can resize a whole folder with different options and convert to PNG\JPG.
Irfanview/Photoshop: Use one of these to convert to .png from .bmp, crop out black bars or resize pictures.
Zoner PS: Another Photoshop alternative, recommended by Angelus Errare.
Custom Resolutions: If you have an Nvidia or an AMD card, create a couple custom resolutions over 1080p.
Steam: If you're using Steam to capture, be sure to check the option to save lossless screens and choose your output folder. Upload these to Steam (if it's still possible) or another host.

Last edited:

Talus

Banned
Dec 9, 2017
Anyone got Detroit? Want to see if they did anything to it on PC.
I just posted some pics in the old thread. It looks and runs really great on my PC. Though I'm not sure if anything outside of resolution and framerate was done to the game.

Detroit: Become Human - 5K > 1440p

49307961051_cecdb14384_o.png

49308166117_330a231be0_o.png

49307961306_c33b50e049_o.png

Dream_Journey

Oct 25, 2017
Hell yes! Thanks for your alll efforts Jim2point0!

Also didn't know Observer looking this good. :o I wonder why you didn't care? Story not interesting?

FF XV:

ffxv_s_2019_12_21_23_56_56_356.JPG

Final_Fantasy_XV_Windows_Edition_Super-Resolution_2019.12.30_-_02.37.32.95.JPG

Final_Fantasy_XV_Windows_Edition_Super-Resolution_2019.12.30_-_19.39.23.02.JPG

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
theHunter: Call of the Wild

Sorry, I only have 2 shots to share with for now. It's a pretty stunning looking game if you downsample from 4K.

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed Odyssey
The weird aspect ratio is because I'm playing on a CRT. It means I can max out the game (including ultra shadows) during actual gameplay with 120% rendering resolution and still get a locked 70 fps on a 1070.
It's a super spoilery image. Open at your own risk.
iFKUE5.png

Jan 21, 2019
Control - easily one of the most stunning looking art styles. I love remedy for this game, playing Alan Wake soon. (Wish Jesse's face would look better during gameplay though)

iFeunr.png

iFePT3.png

iFexAQ.png

Badcoo

May 9, 2018
Posting randoms I have sitting around

RIME
6eS1KRF.png

Evil Within 2
Oy4t7PZ.png

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag
ugmBwvo.png

Oct 27, 2017
Glad to see this thread return, happy new year!

Quick stupid question - should pics be annotated with resolution size if they're, say, larger than 4k, triple-wide, etc.?

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Two more from Assassin's Creed Odyssey to demonstrate high resolution isn't everything (this is more pronounced in motion of course). Check out the details on the skin and scarf in the first shot and on the quiver in the second shot.
These are all in-engine shots with no external tools, except for a slight Lumsharpen injection through ReShade because TAA looks like ass on a CRT.

iFvUYM.png

iFvFBA.png

Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Been playing loads of The Witcher 3 lately, started fresh on PC with immersive mods, lighting overal (Phoenix) and HD texture rework.

Also, NVIDIA Ansel is super cool. More games need that kind of toolset. Taking gigapixel screens is nuts. 360 photos are fun, too!

ifyJIM.jpg

ify6UA.jpg

ifyQmQ.jpg

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Couldn't resist the guy in the background. Also, character models are so good in this game.
iFo3uC.png

This one reminds me of those Skyrim + 1000 mods shots.
iFoK85.png

Robert

Nov 15, 2017
Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order - Photo Mode

I haven't seen nearly enough buzz about this, but Respawn modelled Anamorphic lenses for Jedi Fallen Order and while it was utilised somewhat in the game, it's not until you use the photo mode that you can really appreciate what really is part of that Star Wars filmic look. Insane job from Respawn on that.

iFN9TQ.png

iFNQyM.png

iFNgRb.png

Elven_Star

Oct 27, 2017
Two more from Assassin Creed Odyssey Ultra Low-res Edition.

iUiF2q.png

iUiPYD.png

The draw distance in this second shot just blew my mind. Check out the temple and statue in the background. Glad I turned off DoF.

Status
Not open for further replies.