Status
Not open for further replies.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
They really had an opportunity to just retool it to be about the mom and call it Beverly. lol

The kids have no reason to be there anymore... it doesn't even make sense for Patton Oswalt to narrate it because Adam presumably will be in NYC.

But maybe he'll come home every week like the other kids, because I guess New York is just minutes away for them? :p

Nah, Beverly is just awful at this point, she's been flanderized, okay they all have been, but Beverly is just to the point of come off as psychotic and just incredibly annoying in a no so endearing way.

Assuming the 10th season is its last they should just do a time jump to be past the dad being dead and them grieving him. They could even go far enough to Adam being done with NYU.
Nah, his dad didn't die until 2008 and they're still running on the loose 80s nostalgia despite it not making sense since the actual Adam Goldberg turned 18 in 1994. Mercifully season 10 is almost sure to be the last.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, Beverly is just awful at this point, she's been flanderized, okay they all have been, but Beverly is just to the point of come off as psychotic and just incredibly annoying in a no so endearing way.
I totally agree, but she's like the only part of the show that anyone really knows about. The kids are just boring. lol

vypek

Oct 25, 2017

Do we do cancellations of things that never began?

I was thinking about the same thing when that other thread popped up about Netflix animation.

|OT| Boned

pretty much writes itself. But I think there has been a lot of stuff that was cancelled before it ever started that we never counted in the past so it probably won't consider it a cancellation this time around.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Season finale of Ghosts is tonight, one of the few new network shows that has been good this past year.

200w.gif

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
Man, The Staircase...what is it with fictional adaptions of documentaries? In this case, the series rather exhaustively explored the case, and it seems that fictionalizing it is both pointless and potentially misleading. And there's no way Firth can pull off being as weird as the real dude.

gforguava

Oct 25, 2017

This looks like it could be good and I'm really liking the aesthetic but it sucks that with all of English royal history people just keep adapting the same ones.

Like where is my Empress Maude series/movie?

Man, The Staircase...what is it with fictional adaptions of documentaries? In this case, the series rather exhaustively explored the case, and it seems that fictionalizing it is both pointless and potentially misleading. And there's no way Firth can pull off being as weird as the real dude.
Yeah, I said something similar when I saw the first trailer. The docu-series has already done what this is trying to do and trying to fictionalize Michael Peterson seems beyond pointless.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah - this was how I felt about the show before dropping off 6-7 episodes in. Some of the episodes had good/funny/awkward moments but I didn't really find any of the characters interesting or worth rooting for, save for the guy that got called up to the office after having worked on the production line. There could've been been some interesting stories for him but I don't recall the writers/showrunner capitalizing on that.

Yeah, I only got 4 or 5 episodes into American Auto and it's just too mean spirited to be an enjoyable version of the "workplace comedies".
Like the (great?) grandson of the car company's founder is just a horrible person. He's not even funny dumb like he was in Superstore, he's just mean dumb. The joke for most of the characters is "haha, they're doing something so bad", when in reality, a lot of that stuff IS what rich, entitled, idiots in positions of power do, so it's not really that funny to me.

Parks and Rec while having a bit slower burn of a first season (but also pretty short), still had a lot of the heart and characters that were fun to watch (or at least weren't completely horrible people). Like Andy kinda sucked in S1 of P&R since he was taking advantage of Anne, but the whole show wasn't full of people like that, and he got a lot better after Anne dumped him.

Mr. Mayor is kinda "management" focused (maybe a bit more than P&R since it's higher up the local government food chain), but the characters are goofy and quirky in different fun ways and aren't actively horrible people.

It's such a weird show. The show tries to play itself as just another fun workplace comedy, but the entire cast is varying levels of unlikable, or at the very least complicit in some of the shadier stuff the company does. It doesn't want to embrace how terrible its central cast is like Seinfeld or Always Sunny, so it just winds up feeling odd.

Thanks for the recommendation of Mr. Mayor. I'll give that a shot.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto

Zoe

Oct 25, 2017
I always enjoy at least some of the items in these articles on TV Line.

tvline.com

Did black-ish Hint at Spinoff? Early Flight Attendant Theories? Where Were This Is Us Kids? And More TV Qs!

TVLine has questions about the week's TV, including 'This Is Us,' 'Better Call Saul,' 'black-ish,' 'Snowfall,' 'The Flight Attendant' and more shows!

10 | What's weirder: That The Good Doctor had Dr. Andrews do "The Carlton Dance"? Or that Hill Harper managed to do it wrong?

I threw my hands up in disgust at this.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
I always enjoy at least some of the items in these articles on TV Line.

tvline.com

Did black-ish Hint at Spinoff? Early Flight Attendant Theories? Where Were This Is Us Kids? And More TV Qs!

TVLine has questions about the week's TV, including 'This Is Us,' 'Better Call Saul,' 'black-ish,' 'Snowfall,' 'The Flight Attendant' and more shows!

I wondered the exact same thing about the This Is Us scene this week (#14) and I laughed at the Ghosts one (#29).
Man, I like these short little blurb things. How often do they do this? I like it a lot. Thanks for posting this.

13 - I thought of this as well. I generally like ABC sitcoms even when they start growing older but Goldbergs definitely seemed like it was going to end this season to me. Also, I think they cancelled some sitcoms pretty early. I'm actually just still kind of bummed about some of them that I liked and would keep going for at least a few more years like Cristela and American Housewife.

16 - Is this a confirmed thing? I assumed it was just a final scene and that he just had grown-ish still left in the works at the moment.

25 - Huh thats funny. I watched the episode and didn't really think about it. I wonder what the reason is.

27 - Not only do I love when old co-workers end up on the same show again, I also love that sort of detail they pointed out. I didn't catch that information about the name. Gave me a good chuckle.

28 - Yeah, she stole it lol'

29 - LMAO that was a great catch by that reader. I think it was here on era that I learned about that. I think that reader is onto something.

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. That actually turned out worse than I thought it would be. Is there some kind of trademark on the dance? Lol it was weird that it was "The Carlton" adjacent.

Hours Left

Oct 26, 2017
I just finished the last few episodes of Ghosts, and the ending was super cute. It's a cozy little show, and I'm glad that it has found an audience.

I hope they slow down the pace of the storylines next season so things can breathe a bit more, and I hope they aren't gonna order a bloated 20+ episode season, but since it's CBS, who can say.

There's lots of interesting plot lines and mysteries at play, so there's tons of potential going forward.

Ferda

The Fallen
Jan 25, 2019
Portland, OR
I just finished the last few episodes of Ghosts, and the ending was super cute. It's a cozy little show, and I'm glad that it has found an audience.

I hope they slow down the pace of the storylines next season so things can breathe a bit more, and I hope they aren't gonna order a bloated 20+ episode season, but since it's CBS, who can say.

There's lots of interesting plot lines and mysteries at play, so there's tons of potential going forward.

Yeah I've been enjoying it but agree they could slow down the pace a bit. I figure they are just trying to catch an audience and make sure they get renewed. Been thinking about watching the original BBC version since it's on HBO Max and see how similar they are.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
24 | Are you also confused about Franklin's wealth on Snowfall? When Peaches stole $5 million from him, it seemed like a big deal… until the finale, when Teddy ripped off Franklin for $73 million. Why isn't the math math-ing, and how much did Franklin steal from Jerome and Louie?

Yea Reed dirty as hell for that lol. I think Franklin hit Louie and Jerome for like 7 million(not counting the drugs). They said earlier they only had like 10M.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
I'm 3 eps deep into Halo. What is it about this show that love showing kids getting brutally killed? I don't think that ever happened in the game on screen.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Some of the very best shit.
It is damned amazing.
It really is! I've been very surprised at the Apple TV offerings, there has yet to be one I have not enjoyed. I have been debating if I want to start Servant next or just wait till the final season comes out.

finished ep 7 and this is "there is zero chance there is a better show this year" good imo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.