Not open for further replies.

Jason Frost

Oct 27, 2017
My favorite scene in The Sopranos finale:

TUe4Njr.png

Deimos

Oct 25, 2017
see this is what annoys me about the current Netflix drama

Locke & Key and Stranger Things weren't CANCELLED, they ended / are ending, there's a difference. Hell, Stranger Things is ending with Season 5 right, not even with the upcoming 4?

Are they going cancellation trigger happy? For sure. But most of the shows are things WE admittedly didn't even watch or knew existed!

Freaked out for a second. What a shit twitter post.

SilentSoldier

Oct 27, 2017
I really think there should be another term for shows that come to a planned conclusion. The term cancelled implies that the show ended before the creators wanted.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Disappointed to hear the Saved by the Bell news, the first show I watched on Peacock when checking out the service. I can't imagine it was really expensive. I guess the viewersame weren't there, but can't imagine what Rutherford Falls or We are Lady Parts are doing, if no one is watching Saved by the Bell.

Dropping the season all at once, doesn't help.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness
I just finished watching the last few episodes of Ozark.

I think I heard the internet didn't like the ending? Why?? I thought it was incredible! What an amazing last season.

Seriously, the season has the best episodes. The first episode of season 4 part 2 (i.e., the 8th episode of the season) is one of the very best of the whole show. And the beginning of episode 10 was just so heartbreaking. And that ending... it was completely on point.

Also, I know much has been said on the subject already, but Julia Garner is an absolute star! She's breathtaking.

I guess I'll eventually read the details about why the internet disliked it, but I think it's mainly because internet people generally just forgot how to like stuff. This show is great, and one of the most effective emotional roller coaster from the last few years. I loved it.

The only negative point I have is that this last season really didn't need to be cut in half. All it achieved was to kill some of the momentum built by the first few episodes. The season is meant to be watched as a whole, not in two parts.

Conditional-Pancakes

The GIFs of Us
Jun 25, 2020
the wilderness

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
I just finished watching the last few episodes of Ozark.

I think I heard the internet didn't like the ending? Why?? I thought it was incredible! What an amazing last season.

Seriously, the season has the best episodes. The first episode of season 4 part 2 (i.e., the 8th episode of the season) is one of the very best of the whole show. And the beginning of episode 10 was just so heartbreaking. And that ending... it was completely on point.

Also, I know much has been said on the subject already, but Julia Garner is an absolute star! She's breathtaking.

I guess I'll eventually read the details about why the internet disliked it, but I think it's mainly because internet people generally just forgot how to like stuff. This show is great, and one of the most effective emotional roller coaster from the last few years. I loved it.

The only negative point I have is that this last season really didn't need to be cut in half. All it achieved was to kill some of the momentum built by the first few episodes. The season is meant to be watched as a whole, not in two parts.

I like nearly everything. Certainly far more than most people on the internet seem to. I watch things for fun and I hate the nitpicking many do after a movie or show.

I thought Ozark's ending was awful. What's the message of the show? That evil is a slippery slope even for good people? Breaking Bad already did that, except this time the good guys died just for the shock value.

I hate everything that the finale stands for. Marty and Wendy deserve to get what's coming and instead the succeed. The bad guys win. Yeah we overturned the "good guys always win trope", but at the expense of creating characters we can connect with.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018

If I remember, they thought 14 episodes was too much to drop all at once, but they also wanted them released somewhat close together. What was the theory, anyway.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018

It's unsettling, but that's the intent. The series is summed up in the last two lines. The detective says, something like, 'That's not the way all of this works.' and Wendy (last line of the show) says, 'Since when?' They sold their souls and were compensated accordingly. The ONLY other thing that would have made any sense was if either Marty or Wendy killed the other. But that wouldn't have been really on-point, either. I LOVED how Marty beat the road rage guy to a pulp and then just walked away. At that moment, Wendy KNEW she had been put on notice and that Marty wasn't her doormat. Chef's kiss.

My son wanted to start the show, so we watched the first episode with him. That shit was DARK. And I think over the course of the show, Stockholm Syndrome kinda sets in with regard to the Byrd's. But remember, Marty was crooked from the jump. And Wendy was obviously ruthless in a former life, and she's shocked about things for about 10 seconds and then her instincts kick in.

It's an indictment of the whole system. Something that Breaking Bad really was not.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Fort Salem's S2 finale was rushed as hell. I'm praying they nail the final season because I don't have faith they will.

Coolluck

Oct 27, 2017
Guess we can keep watching Minx. So far it's been a little slow going with the main character having to keep learning the same lesson it seems. I'd enjoy it more if it was just literally everyone else around her. Her sister is great.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
speaking of Netflix, this a show or movie?

deadline.com

‘Uncoupled’ Trailer: Neil Patrick Harris Gets Unceremoniously Dumped In Netflix Series – Update

UPDATED, 10 AM: Netflix has released the full trailer for Uncoupled, the upcoming eight-part series starring Neil Patrick Harris, from Emily in Paris creator Darren Star and Jeffrey Richman (Modern Family). Harris stars as a gay man in his mid-forties navigating the single life in New York City...

8 episode show. I was just thinking the other day about there are so few decent shows about adult gay men.

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
If HBO Max doesn't renew Our Flag Means Death, they're going to be in for a world of hate from its fanbase.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
If HBO Max doesn't renew Our Flag Means Death, they're going to be in for a world of hate from its fanbase.

I should have watched/supported it by now, but this Spring has been just WAY too much TV. I'm not sure all the various services thought all of this through. Man, save *some* of your powder, folks.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
I should have watched/supported it by now, but this Spring has been just WAY too much TV. I'm not sure all the various services thought all of this through. Man, save *some* of your powder, folks.

Unless these recent drops in everyone's stock prices cause cutbacks I think this is the new normal. There's going to be way more *big* shows out in the next five or six months like the new Game of Thrones, Amazon's LOTR, Kenobi, S3 of For All Mankind, etc. The streaming wars are just too hot right now.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
Unless these recent drops in everyone's stock prices cause cutbacks I think this is the new normal. There's going to be way more *big* shows out in the next five or six months like the new Game of Thrones, Amazon's LOTR, Kenobi, S3 of For All Mankind, etc. The streaming wars are just too hot right now.

Speaking of Game of Thrones, what's the over/under? I've got HBO bailing on it after S2 - they can't admit defeat after S1, for sure. This will simply bring nothing new to the table. Eight seasons of swords, tits, and dragons followed up with...the same? Nope. Ain't happening. If the S1 conclusion has HALF the viewership of GoT's finale, I'd be surprised. Even the teaser that dropped today was just a freakin' parade of the costume department with a little fire at the end. No one cares about this backstory - at least not the casuals. And it will still cost a fortune to produce, so it's a losing prop out of the gates. Think of the dumbasses that threw $$$$$$ at Spielberg to remake a 50's musical. Just light a pile of that shit on fire and warm yourself, for all the good it will do.

Plus, the new GoT doesn't have Rose Leslie, so it's already a pale imitation to the original.

RolandGunner

Oct 30, 2017
Speaking of Game of Thrones, what's the over/under? I've got HBO bailing on it after S2 - they can't admit defeat after S1, for sure. This will simply bring nothing new to the table. Eight seasons of swords, tits, and dragons followed up with...the same? Nope. Ain't happening. If the S1 conclusion has HALF the viewership of GoT's finale, I'd be surprised. Even the teaser that dropped today was just a freakin' parade of the costume department with a little fire at the end. No one cares about this backstory - at least not the casuals. And it will still cost a fortune to produce, so it's a losing prop out of the gates. Think of the dumbasses that threw $$$$$$ at Spielberg to remake a 50's musical. Just light a pile of that shit on fire and warm yourself, for all the good it will do.

Plus, the new GoT doesn't have Rose Leslie, so it's already a pale imitation to the original.

It'll be interesting to see how many people watch the trailer on youtube. That's a pretty good gauge for overall interest. Most GoT fans I know are excited for it.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I'd probably be a lot more interested in a series set after the TV show, but I assume they'll never go there.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
First 4 episodes of Bosch Legacy are up on Amazon, free with ads. Looks like a season 2 was announced a few days ago too.

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022

If it's good, it will take off again. I'm not at all interested, but I'll still watch on the off chance it recaptures that former glory.

BlueScrote

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to this, whenever it drops

deadline.com

‘Blockbuster’: First-Look At Randall Park & Melissa Fumero In Netflix Video Store Comedy — Photo

Netflix has released a first-look photo of Randall Park and Melissa Fumero in Blockbuster, its upcoming single-camera video store comedy series.
Fumero was great in Brooklyn 99, so I'm interested to see where this goes. I wonder if it will have a Superstore-esque vibe. American Auto (the closest thing I can think of to Superstore) sounded like it didn't get great reviews, although I didn't watch it.

ABC Breaks Promise; Commits Regicide

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
|OT| ABC Breaks Promise; Commits Regicide

Queens cancelled:
deadline.com

‘Queens’ Canceled By ABC After One Season

ABC is not moving forward with Queens, cancelling the music drama after its freshman run. The series, headlined by Brandy, Naturi Naughton, Eve and Nadine Velazquez, was one of the hottest pilots last season and carried a lot of expectations heading into the fall. It had an OK premiere in...

The Promise Land cancelled:
deadline.com

‘Promised Land’ Canceled By ABC After One Season

Freshman drama Promised Land will not return for a second season. ABC has canceled the Latinx family drama after a short first-season run.

----

Credit goes to ContractHolder who made a full thread for them here:
www.resetera.com

ABC cancels Queens and Promised Land News - Entertainment

https://deadline.com/2022/05/queens-canceled-one-season-abc-brandy-eve-naturi-naughton-nadine-velazquez-1234984491/ https://deadline.com/2022/05/promised-land-canceled-one-season-abc-1234989472/

Status
Not open for further replies.