Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home

Of course Netflix axed it. I started watching S1 because I heard about it getting super queer in S2 but then I remembered it was a Netflix show. So I waited and I am glad I did.

Netflix sure has been saying "Fuck off d*kes" a lot lately. Wait no, that's pretty much every streamer at this point. Now just waiting for Amazon to formally cancel A League of Their Own. 🙃

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a few episodes and thought it was okay at best, put it to the back burner to watch other shows. Comedies usually take a while to gell and for the cast to deliver chemistry. Reviews were not kind.

Yeah, I think if it were it a network comedy then it maybe it would have got a second season and I think they could have retooled. The cast was strong and so is the premise.

But the first season really wasn't funny at all and this cancellation is no surprise.

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018
Yeah, I think if it were it a network comedy then it maybe it would have got a second season and I think they could have retooled. The cast was strong and so is the premise.

But the first season really wasn't funny at all and this cancellation is no surprise.
Yeah, and sitcoms find a much bigger audience these days when they have multiple seasons and more people get to binge them. It's a kind of patience of ROI that Netflix does not have these days.

Embiid

Feb 20, 2021
I didn't really appreciate Renner until this show. He just throws DOWN in this. No one in the history of film/TV has made the making of a German pancake more sublime. Can't wait...
Same here about Renner… didn't like particularly care for him before this but his performance here completely changed my mind.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, and sitcoms find a much bigger audience these days when they have multiple seasons and more people get to binge them. It's a kind of patience of ROI that Netflix does not have these days.

I don't think 30 minute sitcoms really fit with the Netflix audience. They've tried a bunch over the years but I'm stuggling to think of barely any that had any signficant success. It's been years since The Ranch and Fuller House ended.

I expect that That '90s Show isn't going to be particularly well either.

Be curious to see if Girls5Eva can find a home there.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I don't think 30 minute sitcoms really fit with the Netflix audience. They've tried a bunch over the years but I'm stuggling to think of barely any that had any signficant success. It's been years since The Ranch and Fuller House ended.

I expect that That '90s Show isn't going to be particularly well either.

Be curious to see if Girls5Eva can find a home there.

I hope so, show is really funny. Should help it will have 2 seasons ready to drop before the 3rd season and Kimmy Schmidt seemed to do well for them back in the day.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
Warrior Nun season 2 was brilliant stuff. Netflix sending it out to die with no marketing, and then cancelling it was just blindingly stupid.

Much like the expanse, this should be an easy pickup for Amazon prime video.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Watched most of The Recruit on Netlix while I was sick and its really fun. Not what I was expecting at all. Kinda like a satire on the CIA. Id say its closer to The Good Fight than anything thing else ive seen in awhile.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
So it isn't the Rubicon revival that all Rubies are waiting for? lol
No lol. It's a comedy/satire. The first two episodes are directed by Doug Liman, but the show runner is the person behind The Rookie.

It also ends on a cliffhanger which kinda pisses me off since we don't know for sure if there will be a season 2.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I finished Wednesday yesterday, I really liked it, I don't usually much care for YA stuff (nor do I hate / avoid it tbh) but this really clicked with me. Like I said previously, for me it was what I wanted Sabrina to be. It has the gothic and supernatural thing going for it, but Wednesday herself is a thousand percent better main character than Sabrina was (in no small part because Ortega just kills it in the role), but more importantly, I felt all the YA cast surrounding Wednesday was much better (and much less annoying) than the one in Sabrina.

Enid is RIDICULOUSLY cute (that's another role where the actress kills it), the love interests are much less annoying than the dudes in Sabrina, the adult characters for the most part were good (helps when you have Gwendolyn and Ricci I guess), it looks gorgeous (everytime they did side by side shots of Enid and Wednesday in their room with the color / black and white split I wanted to frame it as a poster), and the mystery was actually compelling, even if the payoff was a bit flat. The CGI monsters are a bit spotty but it doesn't detract from the show.

Oh and all the little splatterings of the other Addams Family characters helped. And Thing was great (as is in the show a ton).

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Chronicles is off HBO Max as promised. I only had 3 episodes left, too. It was a sweet show, kinda like one Day at a Time meets The Middle. Hopefully it'll pop up elsewhere before long.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Gordita Chronicles is off HBO Max as promised. I only had 3 episodes left, too. It was a sweet show, kinda like one Day at a Time meets The Middle. Hopefully it'll pop up elsewhere before long.
Oddly it's still available in Canada under the HBO Max branding. I wonder how the international licensing deals will play out with this stuff.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Coming Summer 2023 - one of my most anticipated for next year

ew.com

'Justified: City Primeval' showrunners explain why Raylan Givens is back: 'We thought we were done'

Raylan Givens is back! 'Justified: City Primeval' showrunners Dave Andron and Michael Dinner preview the new 'Justified' series starring Timothy Olyphant.
Me too, Justified is easily in my top 5 favorite shows of all time. Can't wait to see how this turns out. Looking over that article, looks like the creators are excited to take the show/Raylan in a new direction.

Spectromixer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Season 2 premieres March 16

ew.com

'Shadow and Bone' season 2 will adapt multiple Grishaverse books

'Shadow and Bone' season 2 will cover 'Siege and Storm,' as well as 'Ruin and Rising,' EW can confirm.

""We aren't actually using the plot of Six of Crows in season 2." He says, "That is a beefy and robust story that requires its own lane." There will be "definite nods to the Crows storylines in those books" with season 2, but Heisserer notes for book readers that they are saving the Ice Court job, the main plot of Six of Crows, for another season. "We have a bigger ambition for it," he mentions."

Six of Crows spinoff, plz

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice, all 8 episodes of Jack Ryan Season 3 are supposed to be dropped tomorrow on Prime.

www.tvguide.com

Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan Season 3: Release Date, Trailer, Plot, Latest News, and More

The Season 3 trailer shows the CIA in pursuit of Jack Ryan

The third season of the Tom Clancy series will consist of eight episodes, all of which will be released on Dec. 21, 2022.

They also renewed it for a season 4, which is the final season, and a spin off based on Pena's character introduced in this upcoming Jack Ryan season.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Oh nice, all 8 episodes of Jack Ryan Season 3 are supposed to be dropped tomorrow on Prime.

www.tvguide.com

Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan Season 3: Release Date, Trailer, Plot, Latest News, and More

The Season 3 trailer shows the CIA in pursuit of Jack Ryan

They also renewed it for a season 4, which is the final season, and a spin off based on Pena's character introduced in this upcoming Jack Ryan season.
Weird, I just assumed they were sending the show to die.
Meanwhile, no follow up to Rainbow Six...

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Weird, I just assumed they were sending the show to die.
Meanwhile, no follow up to Rainbow Six...
Yea I was also wondering about Rainbow Six. They teased it pretty hard after the movie, but I havent seen much since. They have so many of these shows now though they could probably just wait till Jack Ryan S4 is over.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Watched most of The Recruit on Netlix while I was sick and its really fun. Not what I was expecting at all. Kinda like a satire on the CIA. Id say its closer to The Good Fight than anything thing else ive seen in awhile.
Man, I love it. But holy fuck the season finale.

If you know it's picked up by Netflix. WHY END ON A MASSIVE CLIFFHANGER

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Jack Ryan was okay... I think better than the previous seasons, but also being about Russians, it's the most boring. I guess at this point I've just turned into liking stuff for dads.

On a related note, I totally forgot about Rogue Heroes, the BBC show about the formation of the SAS, until Amazon recommended it to me based on Jack Ryan and it's... weird. They're going for the Guy Ritchie thing, and I guess to tell a story about the SAS you either have to treat their stories as wacky hijinks or as... well, something like Seal Team. The music choices are weird though... I really didn't expect to hear the HHH theme "The Game" in the middle of a montage of SAS guys doing nonsense.
I think I liked it, but I don't know really know if it's good. lol

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
The back half of Jack Ryan S3 was better than the first half, but not by much. It basically was just two of the movies turned into a season, that still felt like 2 episodes too long lol. I guess I just expected better.

The stuff with the Russian politics felt even more out of touch with anything remotely realistic to modern times. Just feels like the Russia from the late 90s, even though they are referencing modern day troop movements and NATO lines.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
The back half of Jack Ryan S3 was better than the first half, but not by much. It basically was just two of the movies turned into a season, that still felt like 2 episodes too long lol. I guess I just expected better.

The stuff with the Russian politics felt even more out of touch with anything remotely realistic to modern times. Just feels like the Russia from the late 90s, even though they are referencing modern day troop movements and NATO lines.
Yeah, I don't get why these needed to be TV shows. Probably could have done film series with each of these and they'd have like 10 films by now. I guess it's "cheaper" this way and you can stretch the content out.

And even before Ukraine this would have felt quaint, but now it just seems so irrelevant. lol

Someone made a thread for the show and I said there that they should just lean into the final Tom Clancy books and do China, but no one wants to make them villains.

Also, I found the clip of Rogue Heroes using The Game. Of course someone would have clipped it because it's so weird. lol

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGjg7ZTQ8XE