CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
David Boreanez has had one hell of a career. He's basically been on tv every year for the past 26 years.

Seriously- most actors would give anything to have the success of even a single one of his shows but to go smoothly from Buffy->Angel->Bones->SEAL Team with zero down time in between is insane. No failed pilots, no single season cancellations. Just long running show to long running show.

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
Hats off to Boreanez, but SEAL Team really wore out its welcome with the endless storyline of his character's decline. Is he still a trigger-puller, or have they promoted him to watching screens and barking orders? (looking at you, Jeremy Sisto (FBI), speaking of Peter Kraus(Six Feet Under alums))

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
Out of interest, anyone else's Netflix reset all their viewing progress? All the shows I've started are now at episode 1 again.

GifGafJef

Dec 19, 2022
theres been like 5-6 Apple TV show trailers like today it feels like. They have really expanded their programming I guess. If Hbo falters or fails they stand the best chance to capture that pedigree/prestige imo. Which makes sense as I think they have former HBO executive as a head.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
theres been like 5-6 Apple TV show trailers like today it feels like. They have really expanded their programming I guess. If Hbo falters or fails they stand the best chance to capture that pedigree/prestige imo. Which makes sense as I think they have former HBO executive as a head.

[/QU

OT

E]
Today was there day at TCA and they said they are following the HBO playback when it comes to certain types of shows. Plus they make so much money elsewhere, they can keep Apple TV boutique and not try to reach the widest audience possible.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Today was there day at TCA and they said they are following the HBO playback when it comes to certain types of shows. Plus they make so much money elsewhere, they can keep Apple TV boutique and not try to reach the widest audience possible.
It's gonna be fun times if Paramount+ and Apple TV pick up plus the Disney+/Hulu merge and HBO stumbles from their merger.

Honestly, I'm still wondering how long Peacock has because I don't think they have had a solid hit.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
It's gonna be fun times if Paramount+ and Apple TV pick up plus the Disney+/Hulu merge and HBO stumbles from their merger.

Honestly, I'm still wondering how long Peacock has because I don't think they have had a solid hit.

I'm looking forward to Poker Face coming in a couple weeks, but I'm not sure if that will be a big commercial hit for them.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
This looks neat, and it might end up being a better show for Billy Crudup. I feel like The Morning Show is such a disappointment. The first season was decent, but they really dropped the ball on making the second one compelling -- especially for a COVID era story.

Crudup was such a standout in Season 1. Perfectly threaded the needle on "this guy is kind of an ass but I can't help but like him." Hate what S2 did to the character.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
The first few seasons are legitimately fantastic. It's been trending down since season 3. Season 6 was really bad. I'll still finish it out with hope.
Haha, I meant that people were calling it miserable in terms of what happens to the characters. I guess it suffers from long running show syndrome too?

9wilds

Jan 1, 2022
Haha, I meant that people were calling it miserable in terms of what happens to the characters. I guess it suffers from long running show syndrome too?

Yeah it does.

The characters have some pretty horrific things happen. Yet I'd still say the show is ultimately positive since it's a love story. Like the things that stand out from the previous seasons aren't the miserable scenes, but rather the scenes of hope and happiness. I suppose that's why I was confused.

I do recommend the show for at least 3 seasons.

xoxo, HBO MAX

Squid Bunny

One Winged Slayer
Jun 11, 2018

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
The CW changing

tvline.com

The CW to Add Golf (?!) as New Prez Attempts to ‘Reengineer the Network’

The CW has acquired the rights to LIV Golf, as new, Nexstar-appointed president attempts to 'reengineer the network' — 2023 league schedule.

CW was already drastically changing. Besides what was already announced and recently came out (Gotham Knights, Walker: Independence, Winchesters) we aren't going to get anymore of the programming we have come to know with the station.

I've already pretty much written off this channel.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017

vypek

Oct 25, 2017
There were maybe 2 shows on Peacock that I heard about that I would think about checking out. But I actually forgot what they were so it doesn't matter lol.

But Poker Face is the latest thing I've seen advertised that makes me kind of interested. I'll check out impressions after a while.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Starz Gives ‘BMF’ Quick Season 3 Renewal

The pickup for the Detroit-set drama comes on the heels of a strong second-season debut.
Nice, really like this season already.
c0XQSyb.gif

Hope 50 is serious about the 3 spinoffs of BMF too.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that Eric named his daughter Leia and is a professor at a university teaching a class called "The Religion of Star Wars" is so perfect it hurts.
It feels so cringe, but then again, that's Eric Foreman for you. lol

Pilot wasn't that bad... although weirdly nothing about it felt that 90s per se, other than the superficial stuff. But I guess that's the difference having lived it vs watching an interpretation of a decade with the original show. Although weird that they didn't have the cast get together and just "miss" each other...

Only seen the first episode but the new kids have potential and the old gang haven't lost a step.
Yeah, the first episode was okay... not sure about the cast, but at least they're more diverse and not "Fez". lol
The interstitials don't really work for me though. Also surprised there's no actual theme song.

Last edited:

Sparky2112

Feb 20, 2018
The CW will only carry Saudi golf as long as they're being paid to do so. Only about 4 people give a shit about it.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
I totally missed that the Night Court reboot aired. What was funny was the guys on The Watch being shocked that had more viewers than Last of Us and them wondering if they were completely out of touch by only watching prestige television. lol