• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brhoom

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait
yaKhtnVQI4D49YTD0s4yCVdcWT3jUfGxej742EeXQTc.jpg

NO

WAY

Deleted member 9145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Biggie
Jay
Nas
Kendrick
Kanye
Andre 3k

all have better discography, singles, and more reach than Pac ever did.

Furhtermore we have the Lil Waynes and Drakes that have had far more influence and impact on the newer generation of rappers, than Pac ever did.

The notion that Pac is top 5 is some bullshit perpetuated by nostalgic ass old heads and will finally die off in around 10 years or so.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
Biggie
Jay
Nas
Kendrick
Kanye
Andre 3k

Furhtermore we have the Lil Waynes and Drakes that have had far more influence and impact on the newer generation of rappers, than Pac ever did.

The notion that Pac is top 5 is some bullshit perpetuated by nostalgic ass old heads and will finally die off in around 10 years or so.
You realize nas and biggie was around the same time as pac right? So that logic is flawed. lil wayne and drake don't even come close to the influence that pac had and won't be remembered nearly as long as him either. You are extremely delusional if you think people will forget about pac in 10 years.

R dott B

Oct 27, 2017
Greatest? Nah but I think I'll listen to LaD on the ride home.

Part of me feels like this and Pacs still wouldn't be solved today because a lack of motivation.

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
Biggie
Jay
Nas
Kendrick
Kanye
Andre 3k

i see you've worked on the narrative, but you really think yeezy & 3k won't have fallen off public sentiment of top 5 material by then? i like the list but most folks don't even keep jay up there anymore, and dude just dropped his best album in a decade last year

wayne's influence (strong though it was) has always been slept on and that's not as likely to change later, drizzy is a hitmaker that may very well die before heads put him anywhere near their top 10, for better or worse

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You realize nas and biggie was around the same time as pac right? So that logic is flawed. lil wayne and drake don't even come close to the influence that pac had and won't be remembered nearly as long as him either. You are extremely delusional if you think people will forget about pac in 10 years.

The first 6 I listed was strictly pertaining to Discography and Singles

Wayne and Drizzy?

Those are the cultural influences of this gen. It's littered through everything that is popular and finding success in modern hip-hop, honorable mention to Ye and Cudi for making 808s and inspiring Drizzy tho.

i see you've worked on the narrative, but you really think yeezy & 3k won't have fallen off public sentiment of top 5 material by then? i like the list but most folks don't even keep jay up there anymore, and dude just dropped his best album in a decade last year

wayne's influence (strong though it was) has always been slept on and that's not as likely to change later, drizzy is a hitmaker that may very well die before heads put him anywhere near their top 10, for better or worse

Idk I think Ye will last, 3k I can see people forgetting about. I agree with all of your points btw, I just don't think Pac being top 5 is as clear cut as people make it seem to be.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
If this went down today after a big high profile event, cell phone cameras everywhere. Plus I don't think the whole "no snitching" shit is as strict now as it was back then

There are murders happening today that go unsolved. Phone cameras and an apparently less strict "no snitching rule", doesn't mean that the murder would be solved.

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
Idk I think Ye will last, 3k I can see people forgetting about. I agree with all of your points btw, I just don't think Pac being top 5 is as clear cut as people make it seem to be.

i get that it's an argument...years back phoenixdark went at me for talking about which albums of his were classics, and even he pointed out that my personal favorite (me against the world) is heavily front-loaded. All Eyez gets namedropped everywhere but fuck if it's not loaded with too much I GOT KEYSSSS outlaws

your argument for influence isn't a bad one either but that one in particular makes it weirder to drop pac off, no? dude's lyrical style may not be in say migos DNA but the image, content etc is pretty heavy with lots of folks, not the least of all kdot

you're spot on about drizzy and all but if you're giving that nod to cudi part of my dusthead coalition feels like phonte should get a shout

Deleted member 9145

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
your argument for influence isn't a bad one either but that one in particular makes it weirder to drop pac off, no? dude's lyrical style may not be in say migos DNA but the image, content etc is pretty heavy with lots of folks, not the least of all kdot

I agree, but idk the first 6 I listed are those who have just had better output than him outright, Wayne I would put above him (but that's just my personal list). The other 6 I think anyone can reasonably argue above Pac.

I think Pac's best contribution is inspiring people that surpassed him, Kenny is the prime example.

I know I always make a drive by post about Pac, but it's just usually a response to people calling him the greatest rapper ever without question. I live in Cali, I would get murdered for voicing this opinion but its just how I see it.

Pac is like 50 Cent. Decent rapper and actor.

I actually agree with this way too much, but know it'd get killed in an instant. 50 at his peak was a force.

Stone Cold

Oct 27, 2017
2pac is overrated in my opinion. He has 1 great record in "Me Against the World" and one decent record in "All eyez on me", which has a fuck ton of filler on it, but some greatness as well. I think his murder, while a tragedy, did alot for his legacy

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City

this is your worst post since the eminem one, and i dug 50

I know I always make a drive by post about Pac, but it's just usually a response to people calling him the greatest rapper ever without question. I live in Cali, I would get murdered for voicing this opinion but its just how I see it.

ahhhhh shit all makes sense now

I actually agree with this way too much, but know it'd get killed in an instant. 50 at his peak was a force.

i wish i liked 50 as much as i did on that first mixtape & GRODT, everything else after it felt like either a rehash or misstep for me

KRS-ONE WAS MURDERED?!?!?

for real, i just saw kris out here last weekend, dude was cool & put on a helluva show too, tongs of energy

principal

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Feb 14, 2018
Biggie is defo more interesting to listen to than Pac.

Can't believe my aliegnce switch from West to East.

Oct 27, 2017
Biggie
Jay
Nas
Kendrick
Kanye
Andre 3k

Naw fam, the only people that don't give Makaveli the respect he deserves are the people who haven't given him a thoughtful listen.

Brenda's Got a Baby + Keep Ya Head Up = better songs than most rappers will ever make.

Disrespectful to compare him to 50 when even the latter made a song saying he'll never get the same level of love as Pac.

Couscous

Oct 30, 2017
Twente (The Netherlands)
You mean second best rapper of all time behind Tupac?

I habe no idea actually. There are certainly more ways to track down murderers, but I don't know if they would catch them today.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Has criminal justice gotten better for the Black community? If you say no then no, it probably wouldn't have been solved.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
Naw fam, the only people that don't give Makaveli the respect he deserves are the people who haven't given him a thoughtful listen.

Brenda's Got a Baby + Keep Ya Head Up = better songs than most rappers will ever make.

Disrespectful to compare him to 50 when even the latter made a song saying he'll never get the same level of love as Pac.

Just off the top of my head Ice Cube, Mos Def, Common and Em are all better actors and rappers than Pac. Not sure about Will Smith and Red and Meth.

Heath V

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Biggie
Jay
Nas
Kendrick
Kanye
Andre 3k

All that and no mention of Eazy or Bone...

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
BIG still has the best flow of any rapper I know, but I'd take Pac over him based on body of work.

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
Just off the top of my head Ice Cube, Mos Def, Common and Em are all better actors and rappers than Pac. Not sure about Will Smith and Red and Meth.

now i know you're taking the piss here
mos and common are beloved MC's with mediocre acting abilities, em was alright playing himself in one movie and has the worst 2nd half of a discography than anyone i can think of offhand

ill give you one thing though, cube stays in my personal top 10

All that and no mention of Eazy or Bone...

for good reason, they're not top 10

Oct 28, 2017
California
All Eyez on Me's filler is still killer.

Most rappers would kill to haven an album half as good as Book 1.

California Love is also the best song of the 90s.

Heath V

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
now i know you're taking the piss here
mos and common are beloved MC's with mediocre acting abilities, em was alright playing himself in one movie and has the worst 2nd half of a discography than anyone i can think of offhand

ill give you one thing though, cube stays in my personal top 10

for good reason, they're not top 10

Wrong on multiple levels.

Deleted member 268

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While we're sharing hot takes, Oddisee is the best rapper alive right now and don't none of y'all put enough respect on his name.

zon

Oct 28, 2017
But Rakim and/or Kool G Rap didn't die 21 years ago.

I've read that the hit was on Puffy, and the hitmen sprayed the car BIG was in because they thought Puffy was in it.

Heath V

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
...how? afrocentric, sociopolitical commentary, party shit, beef & more as you go along his catalog. some of it's more relevant than ever.

name em then
bone thugs has one classic, eazy is cool but not even the best MC from his squad

Bone has one classic?! Lol, let me guess. Crossroads? Come back when anyone on your list sells 60 million plus records. Their influence can still be heard today, true innovators with the most unique sound of all time.

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
Can we at least all agree that Death Row blew Bad Boy out of the water as far as production goes?

are we talking peak efforts or on average? is the R&B output being weighed in here as well? death row were workhorses on some of it & i definitely lean in their direction, but i'm not gonna look at both of big's albums, harlem world, early kim etc and say they didn't have beats

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
Bone has one classic?! Lol, let me guess. Crossroads? Come back when anyone on your list sells 60 million plus records. Their influence can still be heard today, true innovators with the most unique sound of all time.

classic album, not tracks
default_LOL.gif

also: if sales are your metric for an MC, hope you're a big fan of Nelly
but i'll wait here while you point to bone's influence with current MC's