Oct 25, 2017
are we talking peak efforts or on average? is the R&B output being weighed in here as well? death row were workhorses on some of it & i definitely lean in their direction, but i'm not gonna look at both of big's albums, harlem world, early kim etc and say they didn't have beats
I made an edit I mean as far as quality of tracks goes.

OP
OP
TheGhost

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
All that and no mention of Eazy or Bone...
Eazy E was influential but he was no lyricist either.

He was a funny motherfucker. Gimme dat nut and automobile were funny tracks, I think he had the better disses against Dre and Snoop but he was no like top 5 mc

As fast as my top whatever

(in no particular order)
Nas
Rakim
Prodigy
Big Daddy Kane
Biggie
Ghostface
Kool G Rap
KRS-1
Too Short
Cormega

Heath V

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
classic album, not tracks
default_LOL.gif

also: if sales are your metric for an MC, hope you're a big fan of Nelly
but i'll wait here while you point to bone's influence with current MC's

Classic albums?? How about COACU, e.99, AOW, Resurrection!!

IrishNinja

Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
Pac
Killa Cam
Lloyd Bank$
Eminem
Nas

Is the only top 5.

cam i've seen from a certain age demographic of NY heads, but banks? that's a first for me

Did anyone recently see The Death Row Chronicles? If you haven't make sure to watch it.

how did i sleep on this? thanks for the heads-up!

This brings up an interesting point: How do you ignore members on this site?

hahahaha

Classic albums?? How about COACU, e.99, AOW, Resurrection!!

i gave you e99 though! after that i think it's pretty arguable unless you're a big fan
look, i'm in here part time capeing for pac and ive a hard time naming which of his LPs (most of which i love the shit out of) are classics, because his albums were often uneven and don't fit the bit as neatly as say, ready to die does

hashtagrekt

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Banks was quite literally the only reason to listen to Gunit mixtapes. His commercial stuff I don't even know but early 2000s banks was a king.

MazeHaze

Nov 1, 2017
What's the general consensus on the two murders? Isn't it something about Puffy putting the hit out on Pac, and Suge retaliating by putting one out on BIG?

Personally I always thought Pac's death was set up by Suge because he was gonna lose a fuck ton of money with Pac leaving death row.

Heath V

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
cam i've seen from a certain age demographic of NY heads, but banks? that's a first for me

hahahaha

i gave you e99 though! after that i think it's pretty arguable unless you're a big fan
look, i'm in here part time capeing for pac and ive a hard time naming which of his LPs (most of which i love the shit out of) are classics, because his albums were often uneven and don't fit the bit as neatly as say, ready to die does
Lol I know you gave me e.99 and I gave you others. :) Bone also worked with Eazy Big and Pac. Each song was a classic too. Bone had a major mystique about them back in the days, remember this was pre-internet. To this day I can listen to Eternal and still find new things that I haven't heard before, I find that to be amazing! I also think it's cool that they sampled Eternal Champions, the old Sega fighting game.

Stalwart

Banned
Feb 4, 2018
Lol I know you gave me e.99 and I gave you others. :) Bone also worked with Eazy Big and Pac. Each song was a classic too. Bone had a major mystique about them back in the days, remember this was pre-internet. To this day I can listen to Eternal and still find new things that I haven't heard before, I find that to be amazing! I also think it's cool that they sampled Eternal Champions, the old Sega fighting game.
you heard thug luv?

Oct 25, 2017

hahahaha

Np bro I'm a harsh grader and I still give it A+++ it's really that good!

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
- Bad Boy records has real gangsters behind the scenes- Jimmy Henchmen, King Tut, Haitian Jack and I forget who else. Their crew is called The A-Team. Pac, BIG, Puff and all parties involved are cool.

- Suge slights Puff at the Source Awards.

- Pac, Haitian Jack, and other lackeys meet a woman at a club, she has an encounter with Pac at the club they head back to the hotel. Pac allegedly grabs her butt and ends up passing out at some point and the entourage takes advantage of the woman.

- Charges are brought, Pac and Jack get separate trials and the latter is allegedly a government informant. Pac maintains his innocence to the press and points the finger at Jack.

- Jimmy Henchmen decides its time to discipline Pac and orchestrates an armed robbery. Pac is setup at Quad Studios but reaches for his gun, shooting himself by accident and causing the robbers to escalate and shoot him also.

- He accuses Puff and Biggie of having foreknowledge of the robbery. Shooter Dexter Isaacs, over a decade later, admits that Puffy had prior knowledge, Biggie didn't.

- Pac gets sent to prison.

-Jermaine Dupri throws a 1995 Birthday party in Atlanta. The Bad Boy and Deathrow camps argue, Puff's muscle Wolf fatally shoots Suge's friend.

-The street beef is on. Suge is already Mob Piru. Puff has street ties due to his father being a hustler in Frank Lucas' crew. Allegedly, Harlem OG Uncle Zip hooks Puff up with the Southside Crips, who provide security for Badboy. Back and forth clashes ensue.

- Pac says he's done thugging. Vibe magazine interviews Puff and Puff trolls Pac for being a fair weathered fake thug. Biggie also drops "Who Shot Ya?" which Pac perceives as a diss. All this re-energizes his anger.

- Suge bails Pac out and signs him. The street beef heats up.

- [Very allegedly] Puff is paranoid and decides to clap Suge. Pac drops Hit Em Up and gets added to the hit. The hit is to be carried out in LA.

- Southside Crip Orlando Anderson sees a Piru wearing a Deathrow chain at the mall in the summer of '96 and robs him of the chain.

- Deathrow and Crips both happen to attend a Tyson fight in Vegas in early September. Baby Lane is spotted in the lobby after the fight. He is approached by Pac "Nword, are you from the South?" and Anderson gets jumped by Deathrow.

- 3 hours later Pac and Suge head to Club 662. In the meantime Baby Lane gathers with his uncle Keefee D and other Southside Crips. They catch them on the street, shooting Pac and Suge. No one at the scene cooperates with police because they will handle it themselves. Pac dies the next week.

- Pac's death sparks an LA gang war with at least 7 back and forth killings.

- Biggie has an upcoming March 97 album and is on a promotional tour. He announces Cali dates, stressing he's not fearful and he has fans out in Cali.

- March 9th after a Vibe party he is shot and killed while sitting in a vehicle. Initial running theory is a hitman named Amir Muhammad did it.

- Suge gets 5 years in prison for violating parole for his role in assaulting Anderson after that Tyson fight.

- Puffy and Ma$e pick up the mantle and their careers take off.

- 1998 Orlando Anderson is at an LA gas station and runs into fellow Crips who owe him money. An argument ensues, things escalate into a shootout and he is killed.

- 2006 Former LAPD officer Greg Kading conducts a private investigation into Biggies murder and alleges Suge paid Bloods member Wardell "Poochie" House $13k to clap Biggie.

Jimmy Henchmen is serving life in federal prison for murder and drug trafficking. Haitian Jack was allegedly deported. King Tut is dead or incarcerated for life, i forget.

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
Pac is definitely worthy of the top 5 pedestal

Dudes music resonated with almost everyone on this planet. Even us kids from the Sahara desert used to play his shit and gather round together and listen, we didn't even know the language lol but we still felt the love and passion in some of his output.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone think Diddy had insider information about Orlando Anderson. The reason I bring this up is because one famous interview Diddy was wearing an Orlando magic jersey. It always seemed kind of suspicious to me.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone think Diddy had insider information about Orlando Anderson. The reason I bring this up is because one famous interview Diddy was wearing an Orlando magic jersey. It always seemed kind of suspicious to me.

Everybody knew. Diddy likely hired the Crips to do the hit on Pac. Diddy used Keffe D's (Anderson's uncle, and likely in the car when they shot Pac) classic car in an Usher video shoot.

Heath V

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
His flow on 'Notorious Thugs' omg.

It was good, he was very nervous about it he made everybody leave the room including Bone so he could get it down just perfect. As good as it was it was nowhere near Bone's level. The more incredible story was Layzie being sick with the flu passed out all day and nailing his verse in one shot