• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
"I really don't need Kirby in 60 frames, who would need that? It looks great!"
*sees menu animations of Kirby and friends in 60 frames*
"Shit."

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
  1. The gameplay runs at 30 frames per seconds. Menus are 60fps
  2. The gameplay runs at a resolution of 1536x864 when docked. Handheld is unknown. Menus are a full 1920x1080
  3. A single joycon can perform all the actions.
  4. You cannot use Kirby by himself. You need to have allies. They will be controlled by COM if there aren't enough players.
  5. The Allies are fairly clever but they won't just automatically solve puzzles for you.
  6. You can guard, dodge and air dodge....sounds like Smash Bros.
  7. The game has paper mache Waddle Dees.
  8. The demo version seems very polished and even has an ending screen referencing the full version, meaning a demo on the eShop may be on the cards.
  9. Puzzle Pieces you collect in the game will function similarly to StreetPass Puzzle Plaza.
  10. King Dedede has been possessed....again.
  11. Option in the pause menu called "Play With Others". Most likely a help screen.
  12. Friend Ability Animations don't obnoxiously repeat to stop the momentum!
  13. The Parasol Spring ability is called "Chumbrella".
  14. Friend Abilities are elemental so you can add Fire to Cutter...but not Cutter to Fire, because that doesn't make sense.
  15. Allies can heal each other...by kissing.
  16. There's an Autoplay mode for friends who are a little bit....lazy.
  17. You can have multiple of the same kind of ally!
  18. Allies that leave the screen boundary will instantly warp back to you! May be good or bad.
  19. You can inhale allies and make them bounce across the screen.
  20. You can inhale allies and steal their abilities!
  21. amiibo support confirmed! Expect the Qbby amiibo to give you something special.

Kingpin Rogers

HILF
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What are the chances this gets a resolution bump for the full release? 864 seems a little... low considering it's also only 30fps.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  2. The gameplay runs at a resolution of 1536x864 when docked. Handheld is unknown. Menus are a full 1920x1080
  4. You cannot use Kirby by himself. You need to have allies. They will be controlled by COM if there aren't enough players.
  5. The Allies are fairly clever but they won't just automatically solve puzzles for you.
  8. The demo version seems very polished and even has an ending screen referencing the full version, meaning a demo on the eShop may be on the cards.
  9. Puzzle Pieces you collect in the game will function similarly to StreetPass Puzzle Plaza.
  11. Option in the pause menu called "Play With Others". Most likely a help screen.
  14. Friend Abilities are elemental so you can add Fire to Cutter...but not Cutter to Fire, because that doesn't make sense.
  18. Allies that leave the screen boundary will instantly warp back to you! May be good or bad.
  21. amiibo support confirmed! Expect the Qbby amiibo to give you something special.
You're doing gods work.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I own every Kirby game and this might be the first one in a long while I'm not too excited about? I don't have friends who would get this or even play with me for long so ehhh.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  1. The gameplay runs at a resolution of 1536x864 when docked. Handheld is unknown. Menus are a full 1920x1080
Here before the meltdown.

I can't wait for people to come here a say that BOTW is 900p and therefore Kirby should be over that.

Aaaaand I can't wait for the game, I'm overdue for some Kirby goodness. :3

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
"6. You can guard, dodge and air dodge....sounds like Smash Bros."

Been able to do this for a few games now.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
<900p and 30fps.

Nintendo needs to get their non-EPD teams in order. Jesus.

memoryman3

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"6. You can guard, dodge and air dodge....sounds like Smash Bros."

Been able to do this for a few games now.

hqdefault.jpg

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The lighting and textures make the game look very nice but really, not even 1080p? That is disappointing considering its also only 30 FPS and a sidescroller. My guess is that the team struggled with the current gen lighting solution they added later in the development process and they didn't make it in time to optimize it properly.

Last edited:

Deleted member 12162

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a Kirby game, it'll be fun either way!

Just wondering if they're gonna top Robobot in terms of twists.

Vylder

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you Nintendo for making one of the few Amiibo never released outside Japan to unlock something special.

Plankton2

Dec 12, 2017
Jesus I wasn't high on this game (not a big kirby fan), but c'mon some of this stuff is just outright disappointing for their first new game of 2018.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9971

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome!
Gonna enjoy playing this together with my sister and her boyfriend, he is a mainstream guy and she will force him to play it probs xD (she is the bossy one in the relationship) will be hilarious.

Also neat the CPU takes over the allies when you play solo that will help a real lot for sure.

brainchild

Independent Developer
Verified
Nov 25, 2017
I tried to explain to people why the game is more technically demanding than previous entries. But that doesn't matter. People just want to complain.

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Brandon

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Will it be better than Planet Robobot? I kinda wanna pick that up while Target has it for $25.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Hey, I don't have friends to play it either but there's option to play with CPU and at least for me that's fine.

And it's always the same haha
Yea, it looks amazing ugh.. I was disingenuous, I had no hype for the 3DS game Battle something so that I had no intention of buying that and I'll have to convince myself hard to not pick this up forever.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California

Thanks,memoryman3. I'm at work and I need all the Kirby I can get.

30fps is the only bummer but we've known about that for a while. Not a deal breaker by any means. Weird that the menus are 60fps though since that might make it a bit jarring.

Also, being able to have 3 allies of the same kind at once means I'll have to do a Kirby & 3 Waddle Dees only run at some point. :3

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
Wow that list deflayes my hype.

From 100% buy to maybe, wait and see how this turns out

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
30fps and low-res is odd. Haven't most 2D Kirby games been 60fps?

In before 30fps and sub-720p handheld lol

saltybeagle

Banned
Jan 20, 2018
Thanks for the info. The resolution and FPS both being so low is disappointing...also, I don't think I'm interested in being forced to play the game with AI companions.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
I tried to explain to people why the game is more technically demanding than previous entries. But that doesn't matter. People just want to complain.
I think, it could have been more technically demanding and 60fps, if Switch >>>3DS and previous Kirbies have been 60, why not Star Allies? Something is off with this one, i would understand a framerate with drops but 30 is a huge downgrade and uncharacteristic from Nintendo.
Resolutions seems to be lower than 900p too, and thats on Docked

Deleted member 5535

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think, it could have been more technically demanding and 60fps, if Switch >>>3DS and previous Kirbies have been 60, why not Star Allies? Something is off with this one, i would understand a framerate with drops but 30 is a huge downgrade and uncharacteristic from Nintendo.
Resolutions seems to be lower than 900p too, and thats on Docked

It's the first game of Hal Laboratories (Tokyo) in HD, that's probably why. They were mainly in 3DS since they do the main titles and the last one in console was on Wii.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
For the people wary of forced AI if you don't play mutliplayer with 3 friends, all the footage (and general impressions) have shown/said that the AI is actually really good when it needs to do something and generally adds to the game in a good way.

This isn't like Sheva in RE5 where you need to watch out for your AI buddies or something.

Also the low resolution in handheld doesn't bother me since I don't play in that mode. The resolution for docked, while not great, is fine as far as I'm concerned.

Nabbit

Oct 25, 2017
Not watching the video or reading the thread since I'd like to go in as fresh as possible, but if possible I was wondering if anyone can explain how the levels will work in SP vs. MP. I previously read that you'd need to use AI helpers for certain puzzles if not playing in MP, i.e. that you can't do everything in SP with no AI companion. Is that right? If someone could explain how that aspect works I'd greatly appreciate it.

Sub Boss

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
It's the first game of Hal Laboratories (Tokyo) in HD, that's probably why. They were mainly in 3DS since they do the main titles and the last one in console was on Wii.
then this could mean either a rushed development or a low budget because many Nintendo/platformer games were 60 fps on Wii U, Star Allies does look pretty but not at the expense of gameplay imo. Kirby deserves a boost its a solid seller.

I still hope the game turns out well and has a fantastic ending with lots of content.

Waddle Dee

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
California
Not watching the video or reading the thread since I'd like to go in as fresh as possible, but if possible I was wondering if anyone can explain how the levels will work in SP vs. MP. I previously read that you'd need to use AI helpers for certain puzzles if not playing in MP, i.e. that you can't do everything in SP with no AI companion. Is that right? If someone could explain how that aspect works I'd greatly appreciate it.

The AI does its own thing for the most part. If you want them to combine powers with you (either for your or their benefit) you can command them to do so by holding up on the thumbstick. They'll always respond.

Otherwise, the AI gets to run around and beat things up. They still let you have the spotlight though. Whenever a puzzle arrives that requires other people to help, the AI seems to immediately do the job they have to, but won't be the initiator so that means you have to have at least some clue as to what to do.

um... so where can I play the demo? wat!

Only for press at the moment. The demo is reportedly quite complete however so we may get an actual public demo before launch... but it's Nintendo so it's unlikely.