• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
WWE overhaul...

Gimme that and I'm in day 1. Haven't picked up a game since 2K15 failed. If they come through for this then they got me.

Shake Appeal

Oct 27, 2017
It'd be cool if Firaxis actually did a true spiritual Alpha Centauri sequel, and not just Civ: Beyond Earth or whatever it was called.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'd be cool if Firaxis actually did a true spiritual Alpha Centauri sequel, and not just Civ: Beyond Earth or whatever it was called.
Beyond Earth was a spiritual sequel, and while OK in itself, is not really SMAC.
Hell, you can't make sequel to SMAC. It doesn't lend itself to sequels. Or spiritual successors. The only way to improve upon is to remake it with modern graphics and that stuff, and correct several weirdness (eg low max height of squares) and balance issues in it and improve the AI massively.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Get rid of Yukes

Thier wrestling and combat systems ruined the wrestling games, the brilliance of AKI games were that the animations does exactly what real life wreslters do, sold the brutality of each punch and slam. You felt evertthing. It was more responsive and weighty, I loved the stamina system back then.

Yukes have been shit since the first Smackdown game.

eV7uo2d.gif

wTb7WCZ.gif

wGD3C04.gif

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Yo what about the WWE games is awful specifically? I'll admit they have a fair amount of bugs but they're good games and I've played every wrestling game under the sun. Do people want them to be arcadey like older wrestling games because I certainly don't want that.

In regards to the topic I'd love to see what they could do with more manpower. Hopefully fix a lot of long-standing bugs, add back GM mode, and work on the AI.

This. The actual wrestling gameplay of 2K18 was pretty damn good and replicated actual, real-life wrestling pretty damn well. It's all of the other features surrounding it that need serious work. I guarantee most people complaining in this thread haven't even played 2K18. In fact, people pining for the arcade-style games probably haven't played a wrestling game since that era and are looking back with rose-coloured glasses on. If they really wanted arcade wrestling they'd just go play Fire Pro.

Oct 28, 2017
This. The actual wrestling gameplay of 2K18 was pretty damn good and replicated actual, real-life wrestling pretty damn well. It's all of the other features surrounding it that need serious work. I guarantee most people complaining in this thread haven't even played 2K18. In fact, people pining for the arcade-style games probably haven't played a wrestling game since that era and are looking back with rose-coloured glasses on. If they really wanted arcade wrestling they'd just go play Fire Pro.
Not 2K18, but I tried to play 2K17. It's as unintuitive to play as a game gets. Just awful. I want a WWE game I can just pick up a controllerand have fun with. I could not do that with 2K17. I honestly couldn't believe how difficult and needlessly complicated it was.

Sauce Marlow

Oct 31, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Not 2K18, but I tried to play 2K17. It's as unintuitive to play as a game gets. Just awful. I want a WWE game I can just pick up a controllerand have fun with. I could not do that with 2K17. I honestly couldn't believe how difficult and needlessly complicated it was.

2K17 was actually the first WWE game I'd picked up since WWE '12 and I found it to be ridiculously easy to execute most of the gameplay stuff they had on offer. Like, it really only took a couple of exhibition matches where I just messed around before I had a pretty solid base. Not to mention MyCareer mode has a pretty comprehensive tutorial that shows you everything you need to know.

BurnKnuckle21

Nov 17, 2017

I disagree completely. I don't think the controls are any worse than any other sports games on the market and lend themselves to the simulation-style the games are going for. I agree they need work and could be more responsive but I don't see how they could be "pick up and play" without going back to arcade style gameplay and cutting down what you're capable of doing.

Jerykk

Banned
Dec 26, 2017
I don't think the problem with the WWE games is the developer. Yukes made good wrestling games back in the day. The problem is that they have to pump them out within a year. It's hard to make any significant improvements or changes when you have less than a year to work on a game.

I'm guessing 2K will add another team or studio so that each game gets more dev time, like how Activision handles CoD.

Also interested in seeing what Firaxis is working on. It might not even be a strategy game (like how Creative Assembly worked on Alien: Isolation), though that seems unlikely.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Gosh an overhauled WWE game would be fantastic. Burn it to the ground and give us something ACTUALLY new. Scrap all the old animation data. Everything. Start from new. I think the investment would be majorly worth it.

Deleted member 11926

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just hope that Firaxis will make their version of XCOM: Terror from the Deep. That game is still my favourite XCOM.

Pancakes R Us

Oct 27, 2017
WWE overhaul, eh? Stop making shit games. Get an an N64 and play No Mercy for a month and seen why that game is so good.

Starmud

Oct 27, 2017
They've needed to do this years ago... their line up has been frozen in time (even if they are big titles) for a publisher that's large enough to support a wide catalog

psychedelic

Oct 30, 2017
Good, wwe 2k18 is a broken product made out of pure incompetence. I've tried playing it with a friend, but it lacks a soul. I didn't expect it to be so terrible.

They need to figure out whether they want the games to play like a simulation or with an arcade-y feel, right now it accomplishes neither properly. If HCTP or 06 get miraculously put on the PS store somehow, I won't even need another wrestling game.