• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Verelios

Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

Dekim

Oct 28, 2017
This is a good story to remind you that when you're in the wild, you just another link in the food chain.

siteseer

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
kinda sickening seeing y'all cheering on the deaths of these three people. eaten by lions no less.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Wow Era. Is this the level of discourse we have fallen to? What about their children or friends? Those lions didn't share with anyone else. Selfish.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
These poachers were about to kill rhinos, a species that is already close to be plunged into extinction. It's difficult to be sympathetic.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Sad that people had to die. But in that situation, I'll root for the animals every time.
Guess they got what they deserved. Fuckers.

Oct 27, 2017
Some of these posts are disgusting.

These so called poachers ain't the problems. It's the money men behind them who are putting them up to it are the issue. Most of these poachers are probably from families with real poor backgrounds, who have very little choice. Some people have to get paid and will do anything to put food on the table. Wishing them death isn't going to solve anything as the money men will just hire more poor people.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Had a passing thought that maybe these poachers were poor and/or coerced into it, but being in possession of high-powered rifles seem like the work of greedy assholes with money looking for a quick buck.
So whoops. Hope the lions didn't get sick.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017

These so called poachers ain't the problems. It's the money men behind them who are putting them up to it are the issue. Most of these poachers are probably from families with real poor backgrounds, who have very little choice. Some people have to get paid and will do anything to put food on the table. Wishing them death isn't going to solve anything as the money men will just hire more poor people.
Nah. You look foolish trying to erase the responsibility of individual's actions by boiling down your argument to, "well money."

Deleted member 9207

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Can you source any of these claims?

Gentlemen

Oct 25, 2017

The scores of Park Rangers murdered by poachers also have wives and children who depended on that income to survive.

Don't plant your ignorant as fuck flag on this hill like it's high ground.

Oct 27, 2017
Nah. You look foolish trying to erase the responsibility of individual's actions by boiling down your argument to, "well money."

Erm yes well it is money.

They weren't exactly doing it for a trophy were they.

I highly doubt any of them had 9-5 jobs and decided they'd do some late night hunting. Like I said these guys are hired by people who don't want to get their hands dirty. More desperate people will follow them. So them dying isn't going to solve anything.

hordak

Oct 31, 2017
Anaheim, CA

There's a lot of poor people. Not all of them choose to be poachers hunting endangered species

Is it okay to kidnap people for ransom cause they really need the money? What if they killed people for money cause they had a lot of student loans?

Yes I know killing people is not the same as the killing a rhino .

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
Poaching should be legal but only with melee weapons. If you can kill that rhino with a 2ft dagger then good for you man get that horn.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
Can't really feel sorry for them. I suppose I'm more surprised there were three dudes with rifles and they all got wrecked at once. I've seen videos of attacks before, but never three armed people getting got at once. Not as high on the food chain as they'd have liked to think, I guess.

Oct 27, 2017
There's a lot of poor people. Not all of them choose to be poachers hunting endangered species

Is it okay to kidnap people for ransom cause they really need the money? What if they killed people for money cause they had a lot of student loans?

Yes I know killing people is not the same as the killing a rhino .

What does that have to do with my post?

These guys are hired by extremely wealthy people.

Rich people don't ask for humans to be kidnapped. It's not the same situation.

This will continue until you lock up the people who pay them.

Can you source any of these claims?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-36203798

Deleted member 9207

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What does that have to do with my post?

These guys are hired by extremely wealthy people.

Rich people don't ask for humans to be kidnapped. It's not the same situation.

This will continue until you lock up the people who pay them.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-36203798
That says nothing about the poachers themselves. Lemme give you a hand:

https://news.mongabay.com/2017/03/probing-rural-poachers-in-africa-why-do-they-poach/

The results of the present study confirm the link between poverty and poaching, but they also reveal that many villagers harvest bushmeat to supplement their income and are not among the poorest of the poor, as is often assumed. More importantly, the study reveals that how poachers view their financial status relative to other villagers is a primary influence on poaching habits.

Indeed, the study does show that poverty is a major driver of poaching. Close to half of the poachers (46 percent) considered their households as poor compared with other village households. These people poached for a longer period and more intensively than those living in average-income households.
Four in five villagers said they engaged in poaching for food or income. Almost all (96 percent) claimed that they would stop if they received income through other means to meet their needs.

But poverty was not the only driver, because over half of the poachers considered their household income as average compared to other villagers. These poachers had a higher proportion of income from non-poaching sources, such as cattle sales or outside employment, than households that considered themselves poor. They possessed more cattle, and a high proportion of them owned motorcycles, both of which enable alternative sources of income, yet they poached at levels on par with households that labeled themselves as poor.

Despite the fact that a third of the poachers had some form of employment, a significant minority (20 percent) still poached to supplement their income beyond their basic needs. Among the remaining two-thirds who lacked employment, only eight percent used poaching as their main source of income.

So, poverty is a factor, but it's like robbing a bank. Unfortunately, unlike banks, once rhynos are gone, they're not coming back.

smurfx

Oct 25, 2017
can only hope the poachers did not have kids. other than that i'm not gonna celebrate their deaths but i'm not gonna pretend i care either.

GraveRobberX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
kinda sickening seeing y'all cheering on the deaths of these three people. eaten by lions no less.

They were poachers, you know those assholes who kill live animals for just their horn and leave them to die

This isn't some conservation group or wildlife experts getting eaten, again it's Poachers

Yes, they're vile people, doing vile things
No sympathy from me

Should we RIP dudes cause they're just human?
Some are bad and are OK to be laughed and lauded at

I love how some even give them hypothetical families, like that makes its A-OK somehow

Play stupid game win stupid prizes, ain't no one told these sumbitches to go poach rhino's and meet their demise by the jungle

Status
Not open for further replies.