• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Arubedo

Unshakable Resolve
Dec 24, 2018
Morocco

In case it gets deleted:

It's a fighting game adaptation of the South Korean MMORPG Dungeon and Fighters made by Nexon, also had a Japanese anime a few years ago. Game is developed by Arc System Works, 8tings (MVC 3!!) and Neople.

Last edited:

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
man i wasn't expecting another fighter from arc sys this soon, makes me wonder how many people they have over there cause this will be like there 4th concurrent fighting game

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You know the deal :

Rollback
Crossplay

or GTFO Arc System. Thanks.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
ArcSys will make a fighting out of anything as long as they get paid huh? lol. Weird. Their pipeline must be polished to a mirror sheen at this point I guess considering how similar it looks to their recent 3D games.

What is Eighting's involvement in this game anyway?

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017
8ing is on the dev screen at the end so this game might actually be good instead of lame lmao

8ing is the god fg designer, they make total horseshit that is ridiculously well designed and smart. see: FUC, TVC, MVC3.

i really hope they're the ones doing the actual design and arcsys is just doing the visuals. i'm trying to just murder mothafuckas off one touch

9du3WV4.png

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was excited until I saw it's based off some random Korean MMO. Thought it was a new IP at first. It looks really similar to GGXrd so I guess it's either been in development for a while or they're using an older engine to quickly shit this out with a lower budget. Either way, probably not gonna care too much about this.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm vaguely aware of the MMO but certainly never would have expected this. I'll certainly try it out at least.

RLCC14

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
8ing lives! Much more excited for that. I hope it's not a total flop like Granblue

ImaPlayThis

Oct 26, 2017
Yep that's an Arc Sys game lol. It looks really cool right now, never heard of the mmo its based off before but I see Eighting is also involved so will definitely keep this in my sights going forward.

Man though Arc Sys now having 4 concurrent competitive games is great, I just hope they're not stretching themselves too far

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I'd really wish more anime games (especially JRPGs) would look like this. This looks better than most modern anime. Sadly I am not into fighting-games anymore. But I am always amazed by the look of these games.

rude

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck. Why won't someone pay them to make a game out of a franchise people actually want?

Seyavesh

Oct 25, 2017
As of May 2020, Dungeon Fighter Online has exceeded $15 billion in lifetime gross revenue, making it one of the highest-grossing entertainment media IPs, with its lifetime revenue larger than the box office gross of the Star Wars, Harry Potter and Avengers film series.

iirc its literally the most profitable mmo of all time and still stays top 3 every year since its release or somethin like that

Raigor

May 14, 2020
700 million worldwide players.

And hardly any of them are going to be interested in buying a full priced fighting game based on a F2P MMO (unless it's free ofc).

The issue here is trying to sell this game to the D&F fanbase and good luck with that, in the West it is going to bomb big time like GBVS

Astrogamer

Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck. Why won't someone pay them to make a game out of a franchise people actually want?
Most of the franchises people in the West want are probably under Bandai Namco who we should all know by now is cheap as hell. Dragon Ball is like the only franchise they open their wallets for and only a little bit.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, P5 Arena is never happening.

I vaguely remember Dungeon Fighter being a thing. And yeah, this is going to bomb big time in the west just like GBFVS.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
And hardly any of them are going to be interested in buying a full priced fighting game based on a F2P MMO (unless it's free ofc).

The issue here is trying to sell this game to the D&F fanbase and good luck with that, in the West it is going to bomb big time like GBVS
Let's not act like West is the target here. It's for the Asian market, and DFO fans will buy it.

Grimmjow

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I used to play a bunch of DFO back in high school.

Please have rollback and crossplay 🙏

Smoshow

Oct 25, 2017
Looks cool. I know. I was hoping the next arc game would be blazblue or persona related but oh well.

I know nothing about this franchise, but it better have rollback. That should be default at this point.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Was excited when I thought this might be Arc Sys own take on DnD like world.

Not sure anymore. I love Granblue but I give not a shit about the background and characters because its all wrapped up in a game I know nothing about and the single player is just cringe. Looking foward to bopping folk, but not sure if I'm going to relive the same dissapointment I had with Granblue.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I used to play the Nexon NA version of DFO many years ago, I had no idea it was still a huge thing in South Korea. Neat.