Deleted member 9838

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People really acting surprised a bunch of garbage got nominated? Basically a bunch of garbage gets nominated every year. There are probably like two or three movies any year actually worthy of getting any sort of award.

Oct 25, 2017
Everybody claims they don't care until they suddenly do, same shit every year lol
I mean, my favorite movie of the year was Searching. And Blindspotting didn't get shit.

And we know about campaigns and how studios have to push and how fickle some of the voters can be. And so many years of bad picks. And us having more knowledge of how fucked up the industry is.

Find, what you like, recommend it to people. If it catches on, cool.

See Blindspotting and Searching if you haven't.

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
That Leading Actress nomination list is going to be a goddamn bloodbath.

My money's on Olivia Coleman, but still - it could really go to any of them.

It's not at all, really. Glenn Close has the way overdue factor in her favor, and all of the buzz lately has been about how it's finally her year. That category is already all sewn up.

Sweeney Swift

User Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
#IStandWithTaylor
Also, because it needs to be said:

Hi everyone. If you haven't already, see Hereditary. Toni Collette gives one of the best performances of the year. Regardless of what annual awards ceremonies try to tell you, it fucking happened.

Strangelove_77

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it makes some of you feel better, Black Panther won't win most of its nominations, if any.
Relax.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
G8RSWHI.jpg

:P
Who is being quoted here? Who am I angry at?

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
The problem with Infinity War is that, while it holds up as its own film better than the other Avengers films, the satisfaction from watching it largely comes from work done by the previous movies.

It isn't an isolated story like Infinity War.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really cool that the Ballad of Buster Scruggs got some nominations - I thought everyone just sort of forgot about it. (I know I did until like a week ago, but I really loved it. One of my favorite Coen movies I think.)

That's a dire Best Picture list though, damn.

gimmmick

Nov 26, 2017
It's so funny to see people get so worked up because their favorite movie didn't get enough nominations.

Black panther was a good movie, deal with it. Gotta see Vice and Roma.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
Between Black Panther and Spider-Verse I can see the potential headlines about this being the year when comics took over the Oscars.

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
People really acting surprised a bunch of garbage got nominated? Basically a bunch of garbage gets nominated every year. There are probably like two or three movies any year actually worthy of getting any sort of award.

Last statement is way off. And last year had a much better line-up of BP winners. Basically all of them were serviceable, at least, except for Three Billboards.. This year we get some bland crap, but also a movie no critic liked (Bohemian), which is absolutely not a thing that happens every year.

Gun

Oct 27, 2017
Everyone is going to complain but I'm fine with most nominations

At least we didn't have any shit nomination for best movie like in some others years. And is great to see Yorgos with a best director nomination
Black Panther is a far better film than Infinity War, and though I enjoyed Spider-Verse a lot, I thought Black Panther was a far more interesting and daring movie.
I disagree
At least IW was the culmination of a 10 year storyline
Black Panther was just another good-but-generic Marvel movie

IMO, obviously

plié

Alt account
Banned
Jan 10, 2019
I'm so salty about this influx of comic book movies.

fuck this shit sideways.

Edit. You can award these movies at the MTV movie awards or nickelodeon awards or whatever.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really cool that the Ballad of Buster Scruggs got some nominations - I thought everyone just sort of forgot about it. (I know I did until like a week ago, but I really loved it. One of my favorite Coen movies I think.)

That's a dire Best Picture list though, damn.

I've only seen it once, but I didn't like it. I expected something way less depressing than that going by the trailers and all the praise for how funny it was. Maybe it'll be better now I know what to expect?

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Wow. Paddington 2, Rich Crazy Asians, Won't You Be My Neighbor and Annihilation got snubbed hard.

Last edited:

TheBeardedOne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Derry
Everyone is going to complain but I'm fine with most nominations

At least we didn't have any shit nomination for best movie like in some others years. And is great to see Yorgos with a best director nomination

I disagree
At least IW was the culmination of a 10 year storyline
Black Panther was just another good-but-generic Marvel movie

IMO, obviously

IW bored me to the point where it was hard to watch. Black Panther was actually pretty good. Not *this* good, but better than most Marvel movies. Gonna' have to respectfully disagree.

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
Between Black Panther and Spider-Verse I can see the potential headlines about this being the year when comics took over the Oscars.
You mean the MCU? marvel isn't representative of the entire comic book industry. I get that Spider-verse is sony and it deserves a win but the rest are just so out of place but whatever. Congrats to the fans.

Oct 27, 2017

Should have been nominated for Best Picture just for that Liam Neeson/Guy from Harry Potter story.

Everything about that part was fantastic.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
Never saw it. Been wanting to, but haven't seen it on The Movie Network. Must make it a priority, maybe borrow it from the library.

La La Land was just great and I have a hard time believing there was anything better that year.

Moonlight is the best film of the decade

Anyway the writing has been on the wall for a while that Black Panther would secure an Best Picture nomination but the fact it go no script, editing, acting or directing nominations means it basically can't win.

I'm rooting for Roma and the Favourite. Typically you also need a Director and Editing nomination but The Favourite and Vice are the only two nominees to get nominations in both those fields as well.