Dnomla

Oct 27, 2017
United States
Xenosaga Episode II: Jenseits von Gud und Bose - Way too many people say "skip it/it's bad/it's not worth playing". It has it's problems, but it's far from being some unplayable mess that people make it out to be. It's the shortest Xenosaga game and has one of the best story parts in the series, so passing it up is a real shame.

But also Xenoblade Chronicles 2, and Xenoblade Chronicles X, Xenosaga Epsisode I: DerWille Zur Macht, Xenogears......because they are all wonderful.

Deleted member 17402

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll defend Dark Souls 2 to my dying days. Not in the way that ignores criticism, because there's certainly some to be had, but rather defend it from hyperbole that suggests it's in anyway a bad game, which is horseshit.

The game is still fantastic and fun as hell.

ArkhamFantasy

Oct 25, 2017
Come at me, sinners

original.gif

giphy.gif

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
MGS5.

Yeah it's unfinished, and the overall story is pretty lackluster compared to the other games in the series.... but man that gameplay, i'll never get tired of it.

Last edited:

ScoobsJoestar

May 30, 2019
Deadly Premonition is my precious garbage and I will defend it to death.

I mean if you say 90% of the game's execution was done poorly I'll say "HELL YEAH" but I'll still say it's one of the greatest games ever made.

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
White Knight Chronicles 1/2. Such an amazing breadth and wealth of content, especially now that we've seen what becomes of online games and marketplaces. I clocked over 2000 hours into that game and played it till they killed the servers.

Also Soul Sacrifice—similar reasons.

Oct 27, 2017
Days Gone. The bias from some areas of the press and gaming community was bizarre. It was written off by so many people.

It's a fantastic game and I'll fight anyone over it.

Cecil

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
No matter what? Not so sure about that. But I tend to also jump into discussions regarding Broken Age, because I think there are so many times when people just didn't understand the project, the game and and the outcome of it.

DrKelpo

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
MGS5.

Yeah it's unfinished, and the overall story is pretty lackluster compared to the other games in the series.... but man that gameplay, i don't think i'll never get tired of it.

Yeah, probably this for me too... I was disappointed myself, a lot was missing but what we got was of the highest quality.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Wonderful 101. It's the best game on Wii U and Platinum's best game in general.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Alpha Protocol. It wasn't perfect, it had a ton of perfomance issues, but it still stands as one of the best RPGs to ever be released. There's still nothing like it, the depth of the character development, the way your actions have a real and immediate effect on other characters and how they interact with you puts all other games with decision making mechanics to shame.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Alpha Protocol. It wasn't perfect, it had a ton of perfomance issues, but it still stands as one of the best RPGs to ever be released. There's still nothing like it, the depth of the character development, the way your actions have a real and immediate effect on other characters and how they interact with you puts all other games with decision making mechanics to shame.
TUUUUURN UP THE RAADIOO

Pokémon

Oct 27, 2017
DmC - It was my first Devil May Cry game and the game made me fall in love with the series. It feels so great to play and I loved to constantly switch between angel and devil mode. Also the OST was insanely good.

Pokémon Sun/Moon - I agree that the games felt slow at times due to sheer amount of cutscenes but I can overlook that negativity because everything else was on point. The graphics for a 3DS game are just stunning and the Gen 7 games are the best looking 3DS games. I like the general atmosphere of the Alola region and Alola itself. The protagonists are the most memorable and interesting ones in the entire series. The design of the starters are the best since Gen 1 and in general I like a lot of the Gen 7 mons. And last but not least the Alola forms is one of the best ideas Game Freak has ever had.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
Hollow Knight. I've never actually shilled for a game so hard in my life. Not even my childhood faves like OOT and FF9. But HK is so good that now I understand how people can feel personally attacked by criticism of their fave game lmao (I'm not quite on that level, but I'm always like pikachu shocked face dot jpg).

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm not one to blindly think a game is perfect and can't accept that somebody doesn't like something I like but Fallout 3 gets so much hate on this fucking site that I feel like I have to be the crazy person who always defends it.

BigTime_2018

Dec 31, 2018
Zombi U was a really damn cool and overall unique experience that was a really compelling concept and had a really fun asynchronous multiplayer mode. It took such good advantage of the Wii U right from the start and I'm always disappointed how I'm the only one who seems to think that way among my friend groups, and even among a lot of online gamers.
ZombiU is one of the best survival-horror games out there.

Fortunately, its reception has turned around since it released. I see it get praised a lot now.

Ploppee

Nov 28, 2018
I'm not one to blindly think a game is perfect and can't accept that somebody doesn't like something I like but Fallout 3 gets so much hate on this fucking site that I feel like I have to be the crazy person who always defends it.

I think people forget the context it was released in. It's easy to look back now and think it's really simple and bland but back then there was nothing else like it. I dread to think how many hours I spent in that game. (New Vegas is better tho 😛)

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Shutting down others' reasons for disliking a game seems a bit... extreme. BotW is my favorite game of all time, but I understand and respect people who dislike the weapon durability mechanic: I just disagree with them because I see all the ways where it affects the game's design in a positive, nearly integral way.

That said, I guess this game would be The Wonderful 101 for me. There is some legitimate criticism to be made (like with every single game in existence, obviously) but a lot of the criticism levied at it seems to come from a fundamental misunderstanding of the game and its mechanics. Admittedly, two of the most prominent things to fairly criticise would be that 1) you need to buy moves that are completely core to the game (including dodge and block), and 2) the game does a really poor job of explaining its own mechanics.

Decarbia

Oct 25, 2017
Final Fantasy XIII trilogy!
Lightning is a god damn queen and all three games are so varied and distinct and LR lets you commit genocide on numerous species

storophanthus

Nov 27, 2018
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild

Not my most favorite game ever (it would be Super Mario Odyssey)

Tbf, I can understand when people say Mario Odyssey is not for them.

swnny

Oct 27, 2017

Pixieking

Oct 25, 2017
Artifact. The talk of the monetization, the loud "I hate DOTA crowd", and the "lol where's my HL3 Valve?" trolling buried what's actually a really great game which just needs a bit of finessing and a couple of expansion packs to make right.

Last edited:

Laziness

Apr 19, 2018
Dead Space: Extraction. The game has a lot of flaws and I won't deny that, but I love it so much regardless, something about that story just clicking with me. Also I geniuly think it was a great addition to the DS1: getting that extra lore, actually seeing the colony on the planet, idk, it was really cool jumping into right after DS1 + the co-op is really jolly and fun in the right mood.

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
Goldeneye 007 has not aged badly and it is not unplayable. It's still one of the GOATs.