Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Really......I'm not far from you (geography wise - in the GTA) - I wonder if it's a cache thing.....

EDIT: just tried it on a different machine (that' I've never used for the webstore) - it's a cache thing.
After clearing all the cache, I do fully see the new store in Canada now. It is however not letting me buy anything, as it says "You're viewing a storefront different from your home country/region. To make purchases, return to the en-GB storefront."
I am however, on the correct storefront, as I'm in Canada. I was looking to buy Days Gone now that it's on sale, but I literally can't.

Oct 25, 2017
First impression of the new store is not good for me.

When I'm viewing a product page and there are other related products shown below the main product, you can add those to your cart, but you can't view their product info and clicking them SHOULD link to their product page but currently they are not links. That's gotta be something they will fix, right?

Hitokiri03

Oct 25, 2017
I can't even see how much I have in my wallet in this new store.

So many missing features from the old store like search filters and quick add games on the cart :/

One positive thing is that game pages looks nice, but they need to to separate editions, demos, add-ons (those are absent from the game page btw) and bundles.

A cool thing you can do now is get some nice 4k wallpaper from the store game art

oOkU5TH3jGxThJ2wVvFjJHvR.png

aP09Imf1HE1HKb6VycNyMMRF.jpg

fT6LMdFs6KhD42W5ThxaeyoI.png

Nov 9, 2017
After clearing all the cache, I do fully see the new store in Canada now. It is however not letting me buy anything, as it says "You're viewing a storefront different from your home country/region. To make purchases, return to the en-GB storefront."
I am however, on the correct storefront, as I'm in Canada. I was looking to buy Days Gone now that it's on sale, but I literally can't.

I don't think that the full rollout is done yet - I read somewhere that it's a 5 day thing (Oct 21-26) so I'm guessing that not all the pieces for Canada are in place yet.

The store on the mobile app works (iOS at least) for me in it's present "old" state - maybe that?

Edit: My PSN profile info doesn't load on the new store - I'm almost positive the roll out isn't anywhere near done yet.

Nov 2, 2017
Shibuya
Question for people who know things better than I; Are the PS4 games and products in general still being pulled from the same list/server/whatever as before? Follow-up question; If the answer was yes, does that mean someone could theoretically make a browser extension to display PS3/PSP/Vita content (even if it's a raw list)? Seems to me like if it's still hosted in the same place and you can still buy stuff from the consoles, then it stands to reason that this could be possible.

I can't even see how much I have in my wallet in this new store. [...]
Not sure how to see it under normal circumstances, but it does show up front-and-center above your credit card info when you try to buy something.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Question for people who know things better than I; Are the PS4 games and products in general still being pulled from the same list/server/whatever as before? Follow-up question; If the answer was yes, does that mean someone could theoretically make a browser extension to display PS3/PSP/Vita content (even if it's a raw list)? Seems to me like if it's still hosted in the same place and you can still buy stuff from the consoles, then it stands to reason that this could be possible.
I think scrapers already exist so we'll see if they continue to work. Can't buy anything that way, but at least you can see and sort and whatnot in a browser.

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
First impression of the new store is not good for me.

When I'm viewing a product page and there are other related products shown below the main product, you can add those to your cart, but you can't view their product info and clicking them SHOULD link to their product page but currently they are not links. That's gotta be something they will fix, right?
It is a easy fix, because the link is basically the product ID. That data is loaded on that page and used when you add a product to your cart.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think the store is bad at all. Sure they need to add some features. I actually like it more than the old web store.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Insane pricing in EU as expected. Hopefully this will blow back on them hard and sales will be affected, forcing them to rethink the 20€ increase for no reason while NA gets away with 10$.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
I've been trying to use this for fifteen minutes and it's next to useless, willfully trying to convey as little as possible all because of the apparent horror of putting information on a web page.

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Here's the Vita page for Persona Dancing.
Hitting Buy Download just takes you to the main store where it doesn't exist anymore.

www.playstation.com

The best PS5 games - new, pre-order & upcoming | PlayStation

Discover the best games to play on PS5 and VR2, including our newest exclusives and exciting indies, out now or available for pre-order.
Yeah, that's the regular game page rather than a store page (see the lack of the "store" subdomain in the address). It's trying to redirect you to the store page when you click that button, which doesn't exist because they explicitly stated no Vita games on the new store.

Still somewhat baffled by the exclusion of older platforms, but at least it's not targeted: all aspects of this new store suck.

Neo_MG90

Apr 23, 2018
Finally got to check the new website today.

350 BRL for a PS5 game here in Brazil. Ai meu bolso.

I'm not getting one anytime soon.

Edit: And wishlists are gone? At least I can't add games to my wishlist yet

maouvin

Oct 25, 2017
Blumenau - Brazil

Springy

Oct 28, 2017
Weird. Here's mine:

capturadetela2020-10-7hk4b.png

US store btw. But seems like I got bamboozled with the being able to buy part:

Yup, same here. I tried before with Fata Morgana, but I didn't notice that it redirected me to the PS4 page.
Tried now with Severed and i just get redirected.
That's because that bar isn't part of the store (see how the banner is above the "PlayStation Store" branding). It's just the front-end websites. The store has nixed Vita games. Those "buy" buttons are trying to redirect you to the old store pages that are now gone.

Sim

Oct 25, 2017
Still can't log in with mobile. I feel like this has been the case for years now.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It finally updated for me and I'm not sure how to feel about so much empty space.

Oublieux

Oct 27, 2017
The new PlayStation Store is all flash without consideration for functionality.
  • There are no filters for sorting. It is not possible to sort by game, bundle, or DLC; there is no release date sorting; there is no alphabetical sorting; etc. The original PlayStation Store inconsistently had filters, and as terrible as they were, at least there were filters.
  • The new look using tiles is aesthetically pleasing and minimal, but there is no differentiation for what is a game, DLC, or bundle. Filters, as called out by my first point, would have mitigated this.
  • The tiles and their spacing lead to a lot of wasted space and results in a lot of scrolling. A list view--and surprise!--filters would have helped with this.
  • There is no text underneath or above the tile that explicitly states the title of the game, DLC, or bundle. This means a user has to determine this by looking at the tile imagery, but it is extremely difficult to do so for some tiles. This is also an unfriendly move for accessibility and text-to-speech functionality on those who rely on it.
  • The individual product pages look great... but it's clear it was made more for televisions than PC (and mobile?) usage. The user needs to scroll and click to reach pertinent information when it could easily be laid out without the need to do so.
  • Wishlists are gone, which is a feature that existed in the original PlayStation Store.
I understand that this is a refresh, but how can it be worse than the original PlayStation Store? The original was not even great to begin with in terms of functionality, so I am personally even more baffled.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2019

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Why did they remove the wishlist lol?

I just logged in to check mine and I have the new layout, so its gone.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Just pre-ordered my first PS5 game using the new web store (Norway).
Demon's Souls Digital Deluxe Edition.

1069kr!
Last time I hit these amounts for a single game was for some World of WarCraft CE Chest or something fifteen years ago.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is a really poorly made site, some of the mistakes on the homepage are pretty amateur.

Lord Error

Oct 27, 2017
Why did they remove the wishlist lol?

I just logged in to check mine and I have the new layout, so its gone.
I find the removal of wishlist to be a scammy tactic - Apple has done the same thing in the past with their store redesign, and they never brought it back. They want you to buy stuff then and there, when you find it - not to put it on a list and wait for a sale. I'm pretty sure that's all there is to it.

Thankfully, I was still able to access the wishlist in the Playstation app on the iOS, so I could just copy/paste it from there.

Last edited:

klauskpm

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Brazil
One thing that I noticed they added today was this:
jz9G70z.png

Those are product details, like platform, release date, publisher, and genre. It is looking more and more like the link you shared yesterday platocplx

Another example from the ShareFactory Studio (the new share factory), which has voice and text language info:
hiAUPz6.png

If you want, you can search for the ShareFactory, or find it in the ps5 section, but it doesn't seem to be anything relevant:
fQFBt1z.png

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
One thing that I noticed they added today was this:
jz9G70z.png

Those are product details, like platform, release date, publisher, and genre. It is looking more and more like the link you shared yesterday platocplx

Another example from the ShareFactory Studio (the new share factory), which has voice and text language info:
hiAUPz6.png

If you want, you can search for the ShareFactory, or find it in the ps5 section, but it doesn't seem to be anything relevant:
fQFBt1z.png
Yeah it looks like they are adding back sections its a bit weird, I'm curious to know what they are doing, esp since descriptions aren't there yet either.