• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
Seemed pretty clear that these episodes don't have the juice, the crew spent nearly as much time talking about other media as the episodes. The B-Wing rules, bring back the Z95 Headhunter.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
let rob have an old eu pod

tell me about the crystal star, rob

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Nooo, I just finished episode 81, and now there's only 4 more episodes left before I'm caught up.

Like them I'm also really enjoying Rebels and now I need to decide if I should watch ahead or wait for the next podcast before watching more.

Only thing I remember hearing about the EU from someone in high school was regarding Chewy... and how he apparently gets killed by having a moon collide into him, haha.

I've got the audio books of the Thrawn Trilogy (which i heard were really good), but I still haven't gotten around to listening to it.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I would pay extra for this. The hardest I've ever laughed at the pod is an old Patreon episode where they talked about Luke Skywalker's ghost robot girlfriend. (The first time - it's come up multiple times.)

Also, I loved them talking about The Rocketeer, which is a genuinely great movie. It also recently got brought back as an animated kid's show about Cliff Secord's granddaughter. (Maybe great-granddaughter?) It's... Mostly dumb.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Okay, just watched the first of the next set. If that last episode with Sabine reveals the weakness of this show's attempt at pulpy stand-alone adventures, the next one is that format done to perfection.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Caught up way faster than I expected! Now I just have the Q&A episodes left to go through which should keep me busy for a while.

I'm dying to hear if they actually watch Hannibal between now and the next podcast, or at least start watching it. I'd pay extra for a Patreon podcast just of them watching the whole series, it's so good.

Nappuccino

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Caught up way faster than I expected! Now I just have the Q&A episodes left to go through which should keep me busy for a while.

I'm dying to hear if they actually watch Hannibal between now and the next podcast, or at least start watching it. I'd pay extra for a Patreon podcast just of them watching the whole series, it's so good.
I would love a Hannibal cast with the crew.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah ok the next two episodes are bangers. Plenty to talk about for the next one.
I loooove the continuity of Ezra calling himself Jabba, and then everyone involved at this point immediately going "ah, of course, Ezra Bridger". It is both very funny but also very smart. We love to see it!

Speaking a bit more broadly, if you are a Chopper appreciator then these episodes have some Chopper Ws. He's racking up a kill count! He helped locate those ships and looked after a baby! He's really carrying the rebellion on his back tbh, everyone else needs to step up.

Speaking of Ws, Zeb. Add it to the character skill sheet - he's a baby finder! It's very specific and it doesn't really add that much to his character in terms of depth, but it is very charming and endearing. I hope we see more of his baby finding skills in future, perhaps he can bond with some children or something? I said it lacked depth, but there's potential there for it to be more of a thing in future.

I am not immune to "what if Ahsoka had white lightsabers". Very cool, very sick, I was under the impression that these were specifically an Ahsoka show thing (haven't seen it, just seen marketing material), but I guess it's another thing lifted from Rebels! And along similar lines, The Last Jedi feels like it's playing in the space created by this episode in regards to the broom boy at the end and all that. Interesting. Will be interesting to see if more Last Jedi stuff was in this show all along, thus proving that a lot star wars fans online have not seen much star wars.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've never watched Hannibal, but they did a really good job of selling it. I'd pay extra for a Hannibal podcast. (Let's be fair though, the energy in this group is so good, I'd pay to listen to them read and discuss the phone book.)

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
I'm dying at the Hannibal talk. Austin did a great sell. I know that realistically it is extremely unlikely to happen, but with three of them as newcomers it would be a shame to not capture their reactions to a Hannibal watchalong on the/any pod.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Yeah ok the next two episodes are bangers. Plenty to talk about for the next one.
I loooove the continuity of Ezra calling himself Jabba, and then everyone involved at this point immediately going "ah, of course, Ezra Bridger". It is both very funny but also very smart. We love to see it!

Speaking a bit more broadly, if you are a Chopper appreciator then these episodes have some Chopper Ws. He's racking up a kill count! He helped locate those ships and looked after a baby! He's really carrying the rebellion on his back tbh, everyone else needs to step up.

Speaking of Ws, Zeb. Add it to the character skill sheet - he's a baby finder! It's very specific and it doesn't really add that much to his character in terms of depth, but it is very charming and endearing. I hope we see more of his baby finding skills in future, perhaps he can bond with some children or something? I said it lacked depth, but there's potential there for it to be more of a thing in future.

I am not immune to "what if Ahsoka had white lightsabers". Very cool, very sick, I was under the impression that these were specifically an Ahsoka show thing (haven't seen it, just seen marketing material), but I guess it's another thing lifted from Rebels! And along similar lines, The Last Jedi feels like it's playing in the space created by this episode in regards to the broom boy at the end and all that. Interesting. Will be interesting to see if more Last Jedi stuff was in this show all along, thus proving that a lot star wars fans online have not seen much star wars.
At the time this season was coming airing, Force Awakens wasn't yet out.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
At the time this season was coming airing, Force Awakens wasn't yet out.
That's so wild to think about. It also uh, makes me like The Force Awakens slightly less in retrospect, because this show is kind of doing what The Force Awakens was doing re:"it's just like the original trilogy we swear" (albeit in a tv show format), while taking more interesting swings more consistently.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Sign me up for the Hannibal series. How much money do they need to make that happen?
Judging by how they were able to just dump the Patreon funds into a trip for 4 to Galactic Starcruiser, I'd say it's not so much a matter of money but just available time in general.

In any case I'd prefer the podcast remain SW-only but I recognize that I am a weird nerd who doesn't care about Hannibal the way most folks seem to lol

Bregor

Oct 27, 2017
Non Star Wars stuff is fine with me as long as it doesn't delay Star Wars. There are some later stories that I want their reaction to.

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Once all star wars material is exhausted they will become a frasier rewatch podcast and rebrand as 'A More Civilized Beige'

Nov 27, 2020
That's so wild to think about. It also uh, makes me like The Force Awakens slightly less in retrospect, because this show is kind of doing what The Force Awakens was doing re:"it's just like the original trilogy we swear" (albeit in a tv show format), while taking more interesting swings more consistently.
Assuming you're watching along, there are other examples of this show doing stuff that later Star Wars live action would do and Rebels did it better including one that I expect the crew to absolutely go through the roof about…

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming you're watching along, there are other examples of this show doing stuff that later Star Wars live action would do and Rebels did it better including one that I expect the crew to absolutely go through the roof about…
I am watching along, I'm mostly sticking to what the pod watches unless something seems independent (e.g. regardless of what the pod does, I'll probably watch acolyte for example).
I have heard vague rumblings about the future of the show! I'm excited to get to those moments. My expectation at this point is that by the end I'll be like "well at least Andor is still a banger" lol.

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so I saw the third episode ready for the pod, it's good, could have done with more room to breathe, blah blah blah, I am five minutes into the pod and
THE FACE I MADE AT THE BARRIS REVEAL I had not seen the trailer, oh no I can't believe it's going to be years before the pod gets round to this, I CAN'T WAIT THAT LONG but I guess I have to

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way we can get a republic commando playthrough

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I'm glad they call out how much of a non-character Sabine is here. This show gives her nothing, which makes the few episodes that do anything with her feel so unsatisfying and empty. Like the show thinks its initial pitch on her is enough, like "oh yeah she's this punk artist teen girl Mandalorian" and... That's not a character. That's not a driving philosophy, those aren't ideals, that's not history, that's not internal tension. That's not a person. And then they tag on she used to be a bounty hunter and... So what? That's just another "cool thing" but doesn't inform who she, what she does, or what she can't do.

Last edited:

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad they call out how much of a non-character Sabine is here. This show gives her nothing, which makes the few episodes that do anything with her feel so unsatisfying and empty.
When they talked about Sabine being a prodigy, I was suddenly hit with the memory of jokes about Ace Attorney having increasingly young prodigy lawyers who have never lost a case as the series goes forward, and you know, Sabine is not beating the allegations. Rebels talks about her in exactly the same way!

Actinium

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
California
Sabine gets more eventually but it never felt clear if like all this current stuff of her avoiding hanging out or trying to lose herself in a bounty hunter/criminal life prior to the ghost is foreshadowing those later reveals or if this stuff was just being thrown at a wall and not sticking and they invented the later stuff to find a more interesting angle for her. Especially if you start doing mental math on her age once you have the full picture, like was she 8 in the empire academy somehow? Was her flirtation with bounty hunting a thing she only tried out over that one spring break?

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Sabine gets more eventually but it never felt clear if like all this current stuff of her avoiding hanging out or trying to lose herself in a bounty hunter/criminal life prior to the ghost is foreshadowing those later reveals or if this stuff was just being thrown at a wall and not sticking and they invented the later stuff to find a more interesting angle for her. Especially if you start doing mental math on her age once you have the full picture, like was she 8 in the empire academy somehow? Was her flirtation with bounty hunting a thing she only tried out over that one spring break?
With where Rebels (and other shows) go with her, she perpetually feels like a character that's just getting stuff grafted onto her without much thought.

Like not to say she doesn't have some interesting stuff coming, but it's so scattershot that it never paints a clear or satisfying picture for her.

To a point, Zeb gets a similar lack of focus. But atleast when he's in the room, you know what he's going to bring to the table. Sabine, it's like... kinda tablescraps? "Oh, we can just give her this expository line. Not that it needs to have any meaningful insight or flavor."

Last edited:

Lozange

Oct 25, 2017
Listening to the Q&A, I'm here to report they're all wrong, the healthiest star wars relationship is Jar Jar and his princess gf from that one clone wars arc.

I'm not willing to budge on this!

DrewyMcK

Nov 5, 2017
So what would be the list of AMCA iconic moments?
  • Nuvo Vindi
  • References to Dooku: Jedi Lost
  • Mace Window
  • The fear(?) of Hondo appearing in an episode
  • Korkie being Obi-Wan's son
  • Natalie forgetting key info about the series (like Luke and Leia being Vader's kids)

Consequence

Oct 27, 2017
  • Nuvo Vindi
  • Mace Window
  • Natalie forgetting key info about the series (like Luke and Leia being Vader's kids)
-The realization that only Austin knew what Order 66 was
-Natalie talking about how Yoshi P invented time travel
-Austin's investigation during The Box
-You don't have boys like Rob Zacny
-Ali going wild when Karn and Dedra are connecting during Andor Ep12
-The Quarren residential schools deep dive

I could go on and on haha.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
  • Nuvo Vindi
  • Mace Window

• Constantly recalling Jaybo Hood by asking "Who was that horrible shit kid?"
  • Rob dropping cursed old EU knowledge
  • Natalie wanting to keep every episode when constructing the Skip List
  • Little Freak alert!
  • "We could never go on the Galactic Star Cruiser, it's so expensive" -> "We're on the Galactic Star Cruiser!" -> "Why did we spend so much money on that?" -> "I wish we could go back"

Last edited: