• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ezidro3

May 31, 2021
Link to the listing

In case it gets taken down:
Compatible with the PlayStation 5

Wireless connectivity ensures you will never get tangled up in wires while gaming

Iconic comfortable design fits naturally in your hands

Haptic feedback replaces the traditional rumble motors for more realistic gameplay

Dynamic adaptive triggers let you experience different levels of force and tension as you interact with your game

Built-in microphone lets you engage with fellow gamers in online play

Headset jack lets you plug in your favourite headset, so you can tune in to your game audio easily

Dual Sense charging station (included) offers easy click-in charging

Exceptional 12-hour battery life, on a full charge, supports long gaming sessions

Changes in bold. Found by Lbabinz on Twitter.

EDIT: Size and weight is different (thanks vixolus)
DualSenseDualSense V2
Height19.05cm/7.5in16cm/6.3in
Width6.99cm/2.75in6.6cm/2.6in
Depth19.05cm/7.5in10.6cm/4.17in
Weight360g280g
EDIT 2: size is not different, thanks everyone who pointed out that the dimensions posted for the DualSense is for the box.

Last edited:

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
12 hours - even 10 hours - would be amazing. I remember coming home from work and gaming from 7pm to 10pm and having my controller almost die on me.

AEF1907

Fallen Guardian Corrupted by Vengeance
Dec 18, 2021
Nice. My right stick has a very slight drift, will need a new one soon probably.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
Weight is 280g vs the v1 360g? Longer battery while being like 25% lighter? Seems almost too good to be true. Would be quite nice though

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
It just has a better battery life?

Charging mine between sessions I've barely ever had it run out while playing, and if it does, that's why I own two 🤷‍♂️

Oneandonly16

Mar 11, 2019
The Dual Sense charging station is included at the same $89.99 price as the original? That's kind of wild.

Apr 19, 2018
Weight is 280g vs the v1 360g? Longer battery while being like 25% lighter? Seems almost too good to be true. Would be quite nice though

My kingdom for a slimmed down lighter form factor more akin to the DualShock 4, so I would gladly welcome the weight reduction if true. I wouldn't even mind if they stripped out some of the core DualSense features to accomplish this.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't look like they improved the curvature of the handles, so it will still bother my hands. Got excited for a moment.

My kingdom for a slimmed down lighter form factor more akin to the DualShock 4, so I would warmly welcome the weight reduction if true. I wouldn't even mind if they stripped out some of the core DualSense features to accomplish this.
They may as well just let us use DS4s at that point, which they sadly refuse to do.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I guess I'll put up with my drifting controllers a bit longer. Hopefully they've made some fixes to that, in addition to the battery life.

Sabot

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 31, 2017
The design causes a lot of people hand discomfort, disappointing they aren't giving any options there.

I went out and bought a 3rd party controller with a better ergonomic shape, but it's missing basically every feature.

Rowsdower

Shinra Employee of The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada
10 hour battery life? I'll believe it when outlets gets their hands on them.

Still, if true, I will buy two right of the bat. To not need my charging wire always plugged in…

Last edited:

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Very pleased with the Edge I got after 2 DS's started drifting on me but a refreshed Edge would be a good idea too.

Apr 19, 2018
I went out and bought a 3rd party controller with a better ergonomic shape, but it's missing basically every feature.

Out of curiosity, what controller did you get? I'm sorely looking for a more comfortable DualSense alternative to play PS5 titles on and wouldn't mind forgoing most features to do so.

Hexa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure that picture is exactly the same as the picture Sony has been using for V1. For example here.
So either that's a placeholder or the actual physical specs are exactly the same to the point an updated image isn't necessary.

Sabot

Oct 31, 2017
Out of curiosity, what controller did you get? I'm sorely looking for a more comfortable DualSense alternative to play PS5 titles on and wouldn't mind forgoing most features to do so.
Victrix Pro BFG, sadly it's $200 but it's shaped like a standard xbox controller. I play a lot of fighting games and can no longer play on stick due to my hands, so I treated it as a replacement to that.

bunkitz

Brave Little Spark
Oct 28, 2017
Was really hoping for hall effect sticks... 😞 Improved battery isn't a big deal for me but I appreciate it at least.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
Sunset orange variation.
Sunset orange variation.
Sunset orange variation.
Sunset orange variation.
Sunset orange variation.
Sunset orange variation.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Improved battery life should make it a much better MiSTer controller. Without an onscreen indicator, it's so easy to forget how frequently the Dualsense needs to be charged.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
First Sony controller without terrible battery life in over 10 years? Sign me up.

Red

Oct 26, 2017
I'll take better battery life. The current PS5 pack in has miserable capacity.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Meh, we need to start using Hall sticks. Seems like it's just a regular DS with a larger battery?

SuperBoss

Oct 25, 2017
O Canada..

This really does sound too good to be true lol.
Same price but lighter, charger included, and 12 hour battery life?? Crazy.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Was actually thinking of getting another one for pc due mid battery life so this comes at an excellent timing

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
good timing, two DualSense i'm currently using has massive stick drift so i was about to buy a new one.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
based on how my last 2 controllers have fared I'm expecting my current to start drifting at the end of the year… an upgrade will be welcome!