KTroopA

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Can anyone provide some help on screen tearing, its really quite bad on the pi4. Ive set vsynch to 1 in the sm64pc config file but it had no effect. Does anyone else have tearing this bad?

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Just so you know, the cheats feature was hidden by default. In the latest nightly, what you have to do to unlock cheats is press "L" three times in the pause menu. You'll hear a sound which means cheats are now available in the Options menu.

Please note that when I say "L" I mean L as in the N64 button, so check your bindings. By default I think it's mapped to clicking the left stick.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
The automatic compiler thnig I linked yesterday got updated, now you can put the file wherever you want and it will compile there, so if you want it all done in a specific folder, you can. Haven't tested it out myself yet, though.

build.sh

build-slow.sh

Use the second one if you're getting a "make: * Waiting for unfinished jobs...." error.

Myself

Nov 4, 2017
I tried playing the original the other day (On an actual N64 with controller) and man are the controls whack. I don't remember them being so shit. Far out, things sure have improved!

If the re-releases fix the camera/controls then I will be there day one

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
The automatic compiler thnig I linked yesterday got updated, now you can put the file wherever you want and it will compile there, so if you want it all done in a specific folder, you can. Haven't tested it out myself yet, though.

build.sh

build-slow.sh

Use the second one if you're getting a "make: * Waiting for unfinished jobs...." error.
Worked beautifully. Thank you.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Worked beautifully. Thank you.
NP.

I don't think it's fetching the most up to date stuff, at least with the nightlies. All of the nightlies I've compiled aren't the ones with the most up to date cheat menus.

And clicking L isn't activating it either, I have to use command line. Not that it's a big deal since I'm sure it'll get resolved eventually, but still.

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
NP.

I don't think it's fetching the most up to date stuff, at least with the nightlies. All of the nightlies I've compiled aren't the ones with the most up to date cheat menus.

And clicking L isn't activating it either, I have to use command line. Not that it's a big deal since I'm sure it'll get resolved eventually, but still.
Just ran the nightly and it seem to contain everything. I did however have to make sure to get rid of my previous nightly folder and have the script pull everything from scratch.

Edit.. when I say everything I mean the camera and draw distance. I haven't tested out the smoke.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Just ran the nightly and it seem to contain everything. I did however have to make sure to get rid of my previous nightly folder and have the script pull everything from scratch.
I do that too; so that means there must be something wrong with my pacman suu-ing.

I don't want to have to redo that again, lol.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
New updates to the previous scripts, just stuff to smooth out the creation process.

build.sh

build-slow.sh

Once again, use the second one only if you get a make: * Waiting for unfinished jobs.... error.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

build.sh

build-slow.sh

So all I need for this is a ROM of the game? I just drop it in and the game builds itself automatically?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Looks like someone is working on a high poly Mario model. Looks great.

This looks really good and I can totally see the rumoured Mario 64 remaster doing something along these lines. High poly Mario looks totally fine in the original N64 world. Just replace Mario, Toad, Bowser, Yoshi etc with higher poly models and it'll look really great.

AaronMT

Oct 27, 2017
Toronto
Compiled on MacOS added instructions here https://github.com/sm64pc/sm64pc/issues/235

Although I can't figure out what's blocking gamepad input events working on MacOS (using a NES30 and Xbox One Controller). If anyone has knowledge in this area, please share. It's probably something silly like some security issue in MacOS I'm not familiar with.
github.com

How to remap controls? · Issue #224 · sm64pc/sm64ex

There is two ways to map controls - one, though the config file, and the second through the submenu by pressing R in the pause menu. However, controls seem to be represented in 4 letter/number comb...

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
This looks really good and I can totally see the rumoured Mario 64 remaster doing something along these lines. High poly Mario looks totally fine in the original N64 world. Just replace Mario, Toad, Bowser, Yoshi etc with higher poly models and it'll look really great.
I'd like to see the worlds retextured too, just as long as it didn't look like this

0P786rO.png

Alo81

Oct 27, 2017
I would love to see Hypatia's papercraft texture pack adapted to this new PC port.

onthegreatsea.tumblr.com

Hypatia loves u

Hypatia's Mario Craft 64 Texture pack! DOWNLOAD LINK -------------------- It's finally out!! This zip includes instructions for installing the pack as well as the cheat code to change Mario's...

tumblr_nebpch52OW1sq0cvdo7_r2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nebpch52OW1sq0cvdo4_r2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nebpch52OW1sq0cvdo8_r2_1280.jpg

tumblr_nebpch52OW1sq0cvdo9_r2_1280.png

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Reposting these to another page while also providing more up to date compiling scripts. The no draw distance mod causes crashes in the master/stable build, but it was fixed in the nightly. However, nightlies don't properly compile on Windows right now apparently.

Once again, use the second build script if you get the "make: * Waiting for unfinished jobs...." error.

build_1.2.sh

build-slow_1.2.sh

install-ubuntu.sh

XLQO0u.png

XLQ2Lf.png

XLQjKv.png

Linux:

XLyeTY.png

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone working on porting the DS content to this?
People are working on actual mod tools so you don't have to constantly recompile in order to add or remove anything. I'm sure once that's done, people will start recreating the DS stuff. That will also probably be when the texture and level changes speed up in their progress.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
People are working on actual mod tools so you don't have to constantly recompile in order to add or remove anything. I'm sure once that's done, people will start recreating the DS stuff. That will also probably be when the texture and level changes speed up in their progress.
yeah, mindfart, forgot to talk about the mod tools. iirc on the texture stuff, it seems the port, for now, refuses to load highres textures, and just downscales it, or breaks the rest of the textures.

Kinn

Oct 28, 2017
yet to heard about it. have only seen the model and texture mods. the ports try their hardest to run the original game like it was.

I see. Thanks.