Cabana Boy

Oct 28, 2017
What the hell? JUST bought Rage 2 and now I see this thread while I'm deep in Days Gone and Sekiro. What is wrong with me lol. Need to finish one or the other asap so I can start this, cause it seems like its exactly in my alleyway.

GymWolf86

Banned
Nov 10, 2018
I have a 1080, except for the very starting area I get 60+ FPS at 1440P on ultra. Most of the time it hovers between 70-90.

The very first area of the game is the most demanding area in the game by far due to the shadows from all those trees, dropping to high shadows here would push you past 60 in that area but it's unnecessary. Even if you get 50s there it's fine it'll never drop below 60 after that.
Can i achieve 4k30 fps with high-ultra detail on a gtx 1070 and 8600k?
Thanks.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Can i achieve 4k30 fps with high-ultra detail on a gtx 1070 and 8600k?
Thanks.
I havent tried it, but you most likely can at a mix of ultra high. Tbh shadows and draw distance are the only two settings that matter in terms of performance, the others don't seem to have much of an effect and visually look similar...infact even draw distance between high and ultra looks pretty much indistinguishable. Shadows is the only one where you'd notice an obvious difference but even high shadows are pretty good and stable with the same cascade distance as ultra.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone tell a bit more about the story? Does it goes into fantastic territory? Horror? Are there plot twists ?
It's a story primarily about the characters, and it is grounded in reality (though a bit exaggerated) for the most part. But it does go into fantasy territory halfway through the game.

LuisGarcia

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Man I am loving this.

If I had one complaint is sometimes the game needs to take a bit of time to breath. Some of the best bits of TLOU is when Joel and Ellie are away from the combat and just exploring and you find more about the characters themselves. This likes to keep you in the action at all times.

It's a minor complaint though and as I said it's a really good game.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
I finished the game.
It was great.Really great.
I will miss Amicia and the others.

I hope it will sell a lot.

Buy this game,guys !

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Whoa, so now this mission is just basically a Thief-lite stealth mission/heist. Very cool, wasn't expecting something like this in this game

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
I'm really surprised by this game. I didn't really have any expectations going in, but it's turning into one of my favourites of the year. I've started thinking of it almost as a full-on Portal or QUBE style puzzle game; I suppose I just expected a more standard walking simulator with only enough puzzling to keep you from getting bored, but the puzzle and stealth mechanics here are surprisingly deep and enjoyable.

I also love all the characters and their interactions. Everyone has their own personality and voice, and it's really nice getting to see different combinations of characters interact with eachother. Amicia is one of my favourite female characters in recent years.

I'm just having a wonderful time playing through the game. Every now and then I come across a mildly frustrating stealth encounter or a puzzle where the solution requires a little too much slow block-pushing, but for the most part I really like it.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Really, really great game.

Been enjoying my time with it and it looks downright gorgeous on PC.

47861381801_797ed0b951_o.jpg

40894776053_de2ab50c54_o.jpg

32917155687_15e38812ee_o.jpg

Nerun

Oct 30, 2017
I'm actually positively surprised, just played it yesterday evening for the first time (5 chapters so far) and I really like or in parts love it ;) It looked a bit boring in some trailers (when it comes to gameplay), but so far there is a lot of different stuff to learn and do in the initial hours of the game. Furthermore I really like the main characters, really like it that the girl is just a girl and the way she takes care of her little brother is so sweet. Also no real "fighting" or "shooting"/killing so far, which just fits, the rats are also kind of scary with the sound and music at least. Let's see how the game continues and develops, but so far I really like it and it's fine if it is finished after ~10 hours. I liked Days Gone a lot, but it should have been like 10 hours shorter (easily).

Cosmic Guru

Jan 10, 2019
London, UK
Finished here too. Brilliant game, would recommend to anyone who likes SP experiences which are internally consistent, dripping with character and atmosphere and totally free from padding. I think the checkpoint autosave system contributes to the feeling of always moving forwards in this - mixing up mechanics so nothing gets dull. It's one idea taken to a logical conclusion really. The characters really come to life through their dialogues which also orientate the player and guide them through puzzles and bosses. So well implemented.

The only downsides are a hokum story and a few sudden deaths towards the end which might catch you out the first time around which need some pretty quick work to avoid. Otherwise all good.

I ended up with just less than 50% of the collectibles (probably a bit over for the gifts and flowers) so there must be a good few nooks and crannies still to explore. Also, I only encountered 2 or 3 of the alchemist carts along the way. Got the top line of the sling fully upgraded but not the second. Definitively got a bit too slap happy with the alchemy along the way because its so powerful.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
I wish future games will stop including antiquated gameplay mechanics while throwing every logic away.

Besides that, it really is a good game.

WillyBubba

Oct 31, 2017
Bought this yesterday on One X, played chapter one and like it so far (even though the actual game hasn't really started yet I guess).

Do wish I could turn off CA on console. Would be a lot cleaner without it.

bjamin88

Alt account
Banned
Jul 29, 2018
How difficult are the puzzle-elements? Would you recommend the game to someone who isn't huge on puzzles but enjoyed Limbo and Inside but would never play games like Portal or The Witness.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
The game isn't difficult at all, it's more of a story and character based game with light gameplay and no real exploration. It's extremely easy but that's not the point.

I wish future games will stop including antiquated gameplay mechanics while throwing every logic away.

Besides that, it really is a good game.

What do you mean by this?

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
The game isn't difficult at all, it's more of a story and character based game with light gameplay and no real exploration. It's extremely easy but that's not the point.

What do you mean by this?
Ill try to explain... it is a Thing that happens in many modern games, so it is nothing that is only a "Problem" in Plague.

If I am not wrong, you have already finished the game.
When you leave the Cage in chapter 6/7, you dont have any Equipment, so the brother distracts the guards. May make sense in the cases you would have used the slingshot or the alchemic items, but why isnt it possible to pick up some Stones (that lay everywhere on the ground) and throw them to distract them? Sorry, not a native Speaker and I cant explain it better. I hope you get what I mean. There are a few more examples like that. Things are only there to make a gameplay component work, but otherwise feel unnatural.

Reedirect

Oct 27, 2017
How difficult are the puzzle-elements? Would you recommend the game to someone who isn't huge on puzzles but enjoyed Limbo and Inside but would never play games like Portal or The Witness.

Puzzles are generally very easy. Stealth sections likewise if you're just looking to progress the story, but can be tricky if you try to get all resources for crafting and hidden collectibles.

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Ill try to explain... it is a Thing that happens in many modern games, so it is nothing that is only a "Problem" in Plague.

If I am not wrong, you have already finished the game.
When you leave the Cage in chapter 6/7, you dont have any Equipment, so the brother distracts the guards. May make sense in the cases you would have used the slingshot or the alchemic items, but why isnt it possible to pick up some Stones (that lay everywhere on the ground) and throw them to distract them? Sorry, not a native Speaker and I cant explain it better. I hope you get what I mean. There are a few more examples like that. Things are only there to make a gameplay component work, but otherwise feel unnatural.
I see what you mean and I agree. Although they do make up for a very small percentage, infact I think that's the only place in the game where it happens.
There's chapter 14 but it's a bit different and it makes sense in that context.

WhiteNovember

Aug 15, 2018
I see what you mean and I agree. Although they do make up for a very small percentage, infact I think that's the only place in the game where it happens.
There's chapter 14 but it's a bit different and it makes sense in that context.
It really isnt a big Thing, just noticed it a few times and in many other games.

When you Need ember to light the way with the ignistones and they are just placed as you Need them. Or for comparsion different Adventure games where you are the first Person to enter them after hundreds of years but of Course there are torches burning everywhere. Not a gameplaymechanic in this case, but it feels unnatural in a different way.

Plague is still a good game and I enjoy my time with it. Espeacially the Music and the atmoshpere are amazing.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
i was randomly watching a stream,and...there are also german dubs,i didn't know .

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Reviews and impressions in here convinced me. I'm going to buy this thing this weekend. I love focused and intense experiences to spice up the typical open world/action game/shooter/fighting game heaviness of my videogame library.

The game really looks outstanding.

Last edited:

Gammacide

Oct 27, 2017
Any of you that like the game should definitely check out City of Crows by Chris Womersly. The setting is very very close and the story has very similar elements. The writing is wonderful as well. This really is a fantastic and refreshing game.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Finally got around to take pictures of the merchandise!
4OkOIRo.jpg

QWZLoGg.jpg

jilOVO7.jpg

SYkAwRl.jpg

odaDfcK.jpg

Nhl0nYW.jpg

VyNFA0a.jpg

hhJRvm1.jpg

VypkiS4.jpg

v5gLMrX.jpg

Now I only need a true artbook to be released, and also, ugh, that amazing Amicia & Hugo figure please!

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Oh wow...but how can we get those goodies?press kit only?

Yeah, most of it are press kit only (necklace, tiny artbook, mousepad, B&W print). I know the OST Vinyl was also available with preorders, but as for the rest, I'm not sure if there's any way to get them sadly. Maybe through various contests on social media (the poster and postcard were prizes in a past one, and the Amicia & Hugo figure is currently a prize in another contest), but that's it I think.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Yeah, most of it are press kits only (necklace, tiny artbook, mousepad, B&W print). I know the OST Vinyl was also available with preorders, but as for the rest, I'm not sure if there's any way to get them sadly. Maybe through various contests on social media (the poster and postcard were prizes in a past one, and the Amicia & Hugo figure is currently a prize in another contest), but that's it I think.

I have the OST Vinyl(wich is not the full sountrack ),but those posters ,necklace,tiny artbook are really nice.

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
FYI; If you buy the game at Best Buy you get a $10 BB gift card. It doesn't mention it on the website but it's there when you add it to the cart. So if you have GCU, you're saving $20 in total.

Deleted member 21996

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Whoa, so now this mission is just basically a Thief-lite stealth mission/heist. Very cool, wasn't expecting something like this in this game

Chapter 9 is indeed something. Seemed like there were some alternate routes and collectibles I missed. Entered the library through the side door without engaging any of the guards and the chapter ended? Need to replay the chapter I think.

Experimented quite a it with the rats and guards too. Those shielded guards have better vision than the others and a larger investigation radius. Died a couple of times being too casual. Also thought I could walk past a solitary rat but his mates soon joined and I was toast. I also like the way you can shake the rats off if you're advancing close enough to a light. The description of "gameplay-lite" is doing this game an injustice in my opinion.

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
What I really, really dig about this game is the fact that most of the interactions and dialogue is done through the game itself and not cutscenes.

Before I actually played it I expected it to be kinda bloated with cutscenes but I'm glad to see that they're pretty on point both on duration and frequency. Especially when this is a 13h+ hour game.

Another thing is that the game will almost never take control away from you or force you into slow walking sections despite being into a genre that's kinda notorious for doing so.

Promps to the team for understanding that.

people

Oct 27, 2017
Btw, I noticed that the game's soundtrack was on Google Play Music today. I'm guessing it's also on things like Spotify as well.

The entire thing is just so damn good and I figured others here might be interested in it as well.

Google Play link - https://play.google.com/music/m/Bao...cence_Original_Soundtrack_-_Olivier_Deriviere
Here it is on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/album/2wD6ibumlAybToO5Mpy9pK

Or like this spotify:album:2wD6ibumlAybToO5Mpy9pK

Last edited: