• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
*Mueller becomes part of special counsel to investigate 2016 election for multiple reasons*
Era: (hyped fellas)Omg guys this is it! The cheeto going down!
Era: (realistic fellas) um well let's hope this works. Dude has too many people in power still that will protect him. I dont think this will do shit.
Era: (hyped fellas) Stop being defeatist. Mueller is a true patriot and has taken down the mob before. He will do what's right! Jump in the hype train and stop complaining. I'm sick of it >:|
*"Bomb drops"
Era: (hyped fellas) Yo this is it! People we are witnessing history! He is screwed. Jump in hype train now!
Era: (realistic fellas) hmm I wonder of this will lead to...eh OK LETS GO! :)
*more "bombs" drop, hype goes off the chain*
Announcement: Mueller doesn not exonerate prez but wont be charged. Maybe someone with balls will?
Era: (hyped fellas) Oh shucks, maybe next time you cheeto! *grips fist in air while yelling*
Era: (realistic fellas) Are you fucking serious about this? Like all this hype bullshit when we were saying this wasn't gonna be likely to begin with? Fuck y'all, I'm going home. Next time shove your hype elsewhere.

*Spongebob narrator: a few months later*

Annoucement: whistleblower comes out with damming info on prez call asking for shit.

Era: (hyped fellas) ok guys this is it. I can feel it! Join us once again on this exciting adventure. Jump into the hype train!!
Era: (realistic fellas) eh imma stay sitting this one out but you keep that train going there fam. Last time you got our hearts all hopeful and shit then stabbed us in there and went 'woosie daisy'. I'm good fam. You do you. Imma put the news on the background and if something happens for real, I'll jump in the hype train again. But for now, Nah.
Era: (hyped fellas) you negative Nancy's never learn. This is IT I tell you! Stop complaining and get your asses on this damn train! (Keeps playing with magic 8 ball)
Era: (realistic fellas) -_-

DrewFu

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Apr 19, 2018
*Mueller becomes part of special counsel to investigate 2016 election for multiple reasons*
Era: (realistic fellas) um well let's hope this works. Dude has too many people in power still that will protect him. I dont think this will do shit.
Era: (hyped fellas) Stop being defeatist. Mueller is a true patriot and has taken down the mob before. He will do what's right! Jump in the hype train and stop complaining. I'm sick of it >:|
*"Bomb drops"
Era: (hyped fellas) Yo this is it! People we are witnessing history! He is screwed. Jump in hype train now!
Announcement: Mueller doesn not exonerate prez but wont be charged. Maybe someone with balls will?
Era: (hyped fellas) Oh shucks, maybe next time you cheeto! *grips fist in air while yelling*
Era: (realistic fellas) Are you fucking serious about this? Like all this hype bullshit when we were saying this wasn't gonna be likely to begin with? Fuck y'all, I'm going home. Next time shove your hype elsewhere.

Annoucement: whistleblower comes out with damming info on prez call asking for shit.

Era: (hyped fellas) ok guys this is it. I can feel it! Join us once again on this exciting adventure. Jump into the hype train!!
Era: (realistic fellas) eh imma stay sitting this one out but you keep that train going there fam. Last time you got our hearts all hopeful and shit then stabbed us in there and went 'woosie daisy'. I'm good fam. You do you. Imma put the news on the background and if something happens for real, I'll jump in the hype train again. But for now, Nah.
Era: (hyped fellas) you negative Nancy's never learn. This is IT I tell you! Stop complaining and get your asses on this damn train! (Keeps playing with magic 8 ball)
Trump is currently under impeachment inquiry. That is the most severe thing that can currently happen to him. This is nothing like the failed Mueller probe. This really is "it" when he's currently being investigated for impeachment, and likely will be impeached.

edit:
If impeachment isn't "it" then what is? Impeachment is what people wanted from the Mueller probe, they're likely to get it here.

Last edited:

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
But the house can do fuck all to remove the president and his henchmen.

It doesn't matter whether it legal or not as long as crucial people who would decide and sanction that are on Trumps side.

I think they can arrest on obstruction for most of the White House. And Pompeo has already crossed that line. Public support for removal is already over 50%, this stuff will only increase it.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's pretty easy to see who understands what's happening in this thread. The public now supports impeachment and possibly even removal, an impeachment inquiry is underway because of ONE whistleblower.

The "nothing will come from this" posts are becoming needlessly complex.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
He's not gonna get impeached
This dude's going to be impeached as fuck. He won't be removed, but I don't think there's ever been a president of the US removed from office following impeachment.

For reference, these are the outcomes of the only two impeachments that ever proceeded to the Senate:

It's historically unprecedented for the Senate to vote in-line with the House. EDIT: (Speaking solely on the topic of impeachment)

Pwnz

Oct 28, 2017
Places
This dude's going to be impeached as fuck. He won't be removed, but I don't think there's ever been a president of the US removed from office following impeachment.

And even then I think a lot of people other than Trump and Pence are going to be arrested. Trump is a lame duck now which is a blessing in itself.

TheFatOne

Oct 27, 2017
Just so we don't pile on others in the thread. A president can be impeached without being removed from office. Just look at Bill Clinton as the example. Given the current situation it appears highly likely Pelosi will have the votes for impeachment, but the Dems will not be able to convince 17 senators for removal.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Just so we don't pile on others in the thread. A president can be impeached without being removed from office. Just look at Bill Clinton as the example. Given the current situation it appears highly likely Pelosi will have the votes for impeachment, but the Dems will not be able to convince 17 senators for removal.
I just don't get how we're this far into an impeachment inquiry, and this many people still don't understand what impeachment is.

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I didn't know that (not american)
So what happens when you get impeached but not removed? Like, does that do anything?

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
I just don't get how we're this far into an impeachment inquiry, and this many people still don't understand what impeachment is.
Although this forum is very US-centric, there's still plenty of posters from all over the world. I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of them.

Okay, I didn't know that (not american)
So what happens when you get impeached but not removed? Like, does that do anything?
Although the precedent is limited (there's only two instances), when a President is impeached, typically the opposing party wins whichever Presidential general election that follows. Grant (R) won in the impeachment of Andrew Johnson (D, although still Lincoln(R)'s VP). Bush(R) won in the impeachment of Bill Clinton(D) (even though Gore(D) was the one the party ran with).

Impeachment, on its own, historically is about pressuring vulnerable representatives and senators into controversial votes and staining the current presidency. Trump's actions here already imply that the election is not so rigged that he can't lose it, so all efforts to defame and deface his Presidency are extremely important for 2020.

Another thing worth noting, in as much as there's been polling data on impeachment, Trump's polling data is significantly worse than any other president that's faced impeachment. It's historically unprecedented. It's likely not going to be enough to remove Trump (which again, it's never happened to a sitting US President), but it's still a worthwhile pursuit.

Last edited:

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, you really can't even say nothing happened with the Mueller investigation. A bunch of people were thrown in jail over that.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
What is this thing with American attorneys involved in a case always making media rounds? Is that part of covering their legal fees, are they trying to win in the court of public opinion or are they just glory hounds? Seems very unprofessional to me and I don't think it's something we'd see here in Germany. When it serves them, they shut up in America, too pointing to an active investigation or court case.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
What is this thing with American attorneys involved in a case always making media rounds? Is that part of covering their legal fees, are they trying to win in the court of public opinion or are they just glory hounds? Seems very unprofessional to me and I don't think it's something we'd see here in Germany. When it serves them, they shut up in America, too pointing to an active investigation or court case.
I honestly don't know what you're referring to.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
You can't fucking do this. The fact that the first whistleblower approached Schiff's staff means everything related to these actions are part of "fruit of the poisoned tree".

Crime is actually legal now, even.

/s

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You can't fucking do this. The fact that the first whistleblower approached Schiff's staff means everything related to these actions are part of "fruit of the poisoned tree".

Crime is actually legal now, even.

/s
Don't forget, it's the investigations that are treasonous, not the crimes.

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
What if he gets impeached.... Then wins in 2020, and just keeps getting impeachments. What do impeachments actually DO?? He could stay in power and just collect impeachments like they were swimming certificates.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What if he gets impeached.... Then wins in 2020, and just keeps getting impeachments. What do impeachments actually DO?? He could stay in power and just collect impeachments like they were swimming certificates.
If the dems keep the House in 2020, Trump's not gonna win. So, he won't be able to rack up impeachments. He'll either be in office with a republican house, or out of it.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

I mean, he pretty much is assured to win in 2020 if he isn't removed/resigned because there's no way the election is even remotely secure if he spends another 13 months in the most powerful office in the world.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly don't know what you're referring to.

This is obviously not as grave, but you have bizarre dudes like Giuliani or Avenatti talking about ongoing legal cases. Or Gloria Allred who I only associate with a bunch of microphones shoved in her face.
I may be wrong but I don't think lawyers work as much with the media in other countries in general.

KHarvey16

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is obviously not as grave, but you have bizarre dudes like Giuliani or Avenatti talking about ongoing legal cases. Or Gloria Allred who I only associate with a bunch of microphones shoved in her face.
I may be wrong but I don't think lawyers work as much with the media in other countries in general.

Lawyers typically do the best they can for their client. Applying public pressure is very useful and many times that involves using the media.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The point is that there seems to be no consequence for the crimes at all, it doesn't matter how many are uncovered or who uncovers them.

Any loss of popularity will be easily wiped out in 2020 by gerrymandering, voter suppression, and cooking election results outright.

"Will be" sounds incredibly defeatist. We already won big in 2018, so this isn't as impossible as you might think.

For someone who hates to be the "nothing will come of this" guy you sure do love it.

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
"Will be" sounds incredibly defeatist. We already won big in 2018, so this isn't as impossible as you might think.

For someone who hates to be the "nothing will come of this" guy you sure do love it.
Yeah I don't see how Trump wins re-election. It's not like he has gained support at all. I can't imagine anyone who voted for Hillary is suddenly now a Trump voter but I know of quite a few who regret their decision to vote for that shirtbag and won't repeat that again.

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Yeah I don't see how Trump wins re-election. It's not like he has gained support at all. I can't imagine anyone who voted for Hillary is suddenly now a Trump voter but I know of quite a few who regret their decision to vote for that shirtbag and won't repeat that again.
Agreed. At this juncture, I find it extremely unlikely Trump sees a second term. It could happen, but I doubt it.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thread title should be updated, WaPo now reporting that there's "Multiple whistleblowers" WaPo also has confirmed ABC's report:

An attorney for the whistleblower who raised the alarm about President Trump's communications with Ukraine said Sunday that "multiple" whistleblowers have come forward.

The news, which comes as House Democrats have launched an impeachment inquiry and are subpoenaing the White House for documents, adds to the deepening political crisis facing the president.

"IC WHISTLEBLOWER UPDATE: I can confirm that my firm and my team represent multiple whistleblowers in connection to the underlying August 12, 2019, disclosure to the Intelligence Community Inspector General," the attorney, Andrew Bakaj, said in a tweet. "No further comment at this time."

Mark Zaid, who also is a member of the original whistleblower's legal team, confirmed to The Washington Post that the team is now representing a second whistleblower, who works in the intelligence community. The second individual has spoken to the inspector general of the intelligence community and has not filed a complaint. "Doesn't need to," Zaid said in a text message to The Post.

RailWays

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's pretty easy to see who understands what's happening in this thread. The public now supports impeachment and possibly even removal, an impeachment inquiry is underway because of ONE whistleblower.

The "nothing will come from this" posts are becoming needlessly complex.
Truly

DrewFu

Banned
Apr 19, 2018
Nothing is going to happen. Senate will be biased. Trump is getting reelected.
What is your definition of nothing happening? He's currently under an impeachment inquiry. That is the most severe thing that can currently happen to him, and it's happening right now.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Of course Mitch is going to fight this tooth and claw. Do you really think he isn't incriminated in any of the stuff that will turn up through legitimate investigations, or that Trump doesn't have dirt on him via Putin?

Contramann

Oct 27, 2017
*"Bomb drops"

If having an ongoing Impeachement Inquiry (which was the goal to reach with Mueller) turning up more and more vidence of wrongdoing is supposed to be the "Hyped fellas" then the "Realistic fellas" are really downplaying what's going on in the most annoying way.