philipnorth

Oct 31, 2017
The second individual has spoken to the inspector general of the intelligence community and has not filed a complaint. "Doesn't need to," Zaid said in a text message to The Post.

So the second whistleblower confirms the first but with 1st hand knowledge?

mtj8033

Dec 27, 2017
This dude's going to be impeached as fuck. He won't be removed, but I don't think there's ever been a president of the US removed from office following impeachment.

For reference, these are the outcomes of the only two impeachments that ever proceeded to the Senate:

It's historically unprecedented for the Senate to vote in-line with the House. EDIT: (Speaking solely on the topic of impeachment)

Small sample size but you could be right

Deleted member 40133

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Doesn't impeachment mean he loses the title "Mr president" and his pension from office? Or is that only if he's removed from office?

crazy monkey

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
What is your definition of nothing happening? He's currently under an impeachment inquiry. That is the most severe thing that can currently happen to him, and it's happening right now.

This is free advertising for trump. He will stay in news. He will nevigate the media amd easily win. He does not need any policy questions answered.

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2017
This is what happens when everyone is a pundit.

People seem to have completely wiped 2018 off their minds.

Erpy

May 31, 2018
What if he gets impeached.... Then wins in 2020, and just keeps getting impeachments. What do impeachments actually DO?? He could stay in power and just collect impeachments like they were swimming certificates.

He doesn't even need to win reelection for that. A big worry is that once the Senate acquits him, he'll figure that with the black mark of impeachment already on his presidency, he'll have nothing to lose and will just ramp the impeachable acts up to 11 both as revenge on the dems and to show impeachment without removal is just another empty accountability mechanism for him to run roughshod over.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
*Looks at Crazy Monkey's posting history*

Yeah, a Trump cultist at work pretending to be either a Independent or a Democrat supporter.

Last edited:

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When I read news that Trump is on the back foot, it reminds me of every movie where the good guys, after multiple setbacks, are going to win!

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
He doesn't even need to win reelection for that. A big worry is that once the Senate acquits him, he'll figure that with the black mark of impeachment already on his presidency, he'll have nothing to lose and will just ramp the impeachable acts up to 11 both as revenge on the dems and to show impeachment without removal is just another empty accountability mechanism for him to run roughshod over.

He'll def do this, I mean he did this impeachable offense literally as he was being investigated for multiple impeachable offenses. The man has no bottom, he will commit more crime because Barr and the GOP have let him. The presidency is above the law now.

lowmelody

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Inseparably chaining your entire party to a brainworm ridden nazi boar thing that is now raging towards a cliff is just...😂

At least demographics will never change and you'll always be able to count on white folk out numbering everyone else for eternity.💀

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
When I read news that Trump is on the back foot, it reminds me of every movie where the good guys, after multiple setbacks, are going to win!

If things finally, definitively take a turn for the better and there's no way in hell Trump isn't going down I'm gonna be blaring Giorno's theme for days

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
At least demographics will never change and you'll always be able to count on white folk out numbering everyone else for eternity.💀

As long as they can keep gerry mandering voting districts, they can compensate for this. Unless something drastic happens in the USA, a few generations from now, white straight Christian Republican Presidents are going to get voted in with a popular vote of 100 million in favor of a Democrat candidate, but the electoral college giving power to 12 people living in a rural area that somehow has greater voting power than all of New York City.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
As long as they can keep gerry mandering voting districts, they can compensate for this. Unless something drastic happens in the USA, a few generations from now, white straight Christian Republican Presidents are going to get voted in with a popular vote of 100 million in favor of a Democrat candidate, but the electoral college giving power to 12 people living in a rural area that somehow has greater voting power than all of New York City.
Gerrymandering doesn't change anything when it comes to a Presidential (or any statewide) race. And if it was some great cure-all for the House they wouldn't have gotten rocked in 2018.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
If things finally, definitively take a turn for the better and there's no way in hell Trump isn't going down I'm gonna be blaring Giorno's theme for days
Accurate depiction of Trump right now.

But seriously, I'm glad more people are coming forward. The sooner that Trump is held accountable for his crimes & punished accordingly (I.E. taken out of office & eventually put in jail), the better.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Gerrymandering doesn't change anything when it comes to a Presidential (or any statewide) race. And if it was some great cure-all for the House they wouldn't have gotten rocked in 2018.

It does affect all elections because it helps decide who makes the state's election rules.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This is free advertising for trump. He will stay in news. He will nevigate the media amd easily win. He does not need any policy questions answered.
Getting impeached is all part of the master plan. We'll see. We'll all see. Losing 2018 was also part of the master plan. North Korea backing out of talks is all part of the master plan. Iran becoming a regional threat and getting closer to nukes due to the cancelling of the Iran deal is all part of the plan. Manufacturing being at its lowest point since 2009 due to a trade war where no agreement of worth is going to happen is also all part of the plan.

24d chess. If you can't connect the dots then you're not a multi-dimensional being like god emperor Trump.

XMonkey

Oct 26, 2017
It does affect all elections because it helps decide who makes the state's election rules.
I guess, but there's a lot of variation among the states in how districting is done. It's not always up to state legislators. Governors can veto bad maps or bad legislation and of course that's a statewide elected position.

I'm not suggesting gerrymandering isn't a problem, but it's not like it's some silver bullet for Republicans that lets them just defy the demographic shifts happening right now.

The bigger issue to me is access to voting and people not even bothering to vote (when they're able to) in these important local and state races unless it's a Presidential year.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rudy's so incompetent that it wouldn't surprise me if he's been a double agent this entire time.

Starwing

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2018