• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Klappdrachen

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Honestly would have preferred an HD port of the Trilogy since I barely played any Prime game, jumping from 1 to 4 just doesn't feel right.
My Wii U is still hooked to my TV, so maybe I'll check if I can find a copy of the trilogy.
It's on the Wii U eShop. Probably much, much cheaper than trying to find a physical copy.

pinkurocket

Oct 26, 2017
Sure. Just like those rumours that a Metroid Prime Trilogy port for Switch was already completely finished and they were just waiting for the 'right time' to release it.

Mr. President

Oct 27, 2017
watch-special-pumpkin.jpg

JonnyTorso

Nov 2, 2017
MN
Honestly I have an extremely difficult time believing any Nintendo rumors after the last trilogy HD ordeal not to mention star fox racing.

Still I fucking want that.

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Prime 2 being compared to Temple of Doom is some fighting words. It's the best one of the three.

Also, I'll believe it when I see it.

This. I never heard of Prime 2 being divisive as well. That one might even be the best of the trilogy. It captures the mystery of Metroid so well, partly because it is the only one that introduces a completely new race and planet. Its sad we never see anything again from the Luminoth. I might have even liked them more than the Chozo. Prime 3, if anything, is clearly the weaker of the trilogy. A very linear game and no clear focus.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
All I wanted was a remaster of the trilogy :/

I bet this is gonna look great but I just don't have faith that they'll be following it up with 2 and 3 if this is the route they're going

tok9

Prophet of Truth
Nov 2, 2017
I can't even keep track of where we're at with Metroid Prime rumours anymore

Oct 28, 2017
Q1 2022 makes sense. Advance Wars remake being delayed leaves an opening.

I'm not quite sure about Pokemon Legends coming out so soon after the Pokemon remakes. Might make sense to delay that and swap in Metroid?

Or just release it a month or two after Pokemon Legends, no big deal.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I will be very disappointed if the remaster doesn't recreate the effects that were removed in the Wii version of Prime.

OrakioRob

Oct 25, 2017
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
As someone who played the whole trilogy multiple times (love all of them, you guys saying "Prime x is crap" are crazy), I'm more interested in a Prime 1 remaster/remake/whatever than a Trilogy port.

That said, insider info means zilch to me, so I'm not really excited about this.

Jun 24, 2021
If so, I'd be shocked if this isn't at The Game Awards.
I would be shocked. Makes little sense to announce a new Metroid when Dread is still so recent and hasn't had even its first holiday season? Why steal the limelight from it so soon? I'd love to be wrong but I think this will be an early 2022 reveal.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
This crazy ride never ends.

Also, no. Prime 3 was definitely trying to do its own thing. It is in no way trying to be like the original.

Jan 11, 2018
Also yeah, as others have said, her comment on Prime 3 misses the mark. Much like Echoes it really just tried to do it's own thing. I think Prime 4 will be the one that goes back to the roots of what Metroid Prime is in many ways, and I'm totally on board with that.

LegendofLex

Nov 20, 2017
I don't believe Nintendo is going to release another Metroid game so soon after Dread. Don't buy it for a second.
There are two Pokémon games coming out within about two months of each other.

Breath of the Wild is gonna be a multi-million seller again this fiscal year despite Skyward Sword HD coming out in July.

Idk if Nintendo cares if new ports and remakes compete with newer games at this point.

Jun 24, 2021
Samus is just...too slow and clunky. It's not at all what I expect from Samus. I hope Prime 4 has drastically updated her movement options like Mirror's Edge or Titanfall (but I really just hope it's third person).
Metroid Prime was in first person because it was done at a time when developers hadn't yet figured out how to do a third person shooter. Ok convinced had Prime been done today it's look and control closer to Returnal than anything else. We've nailed this in 2021. In 2002 not even GTA3 or Vice City has any idea how to aim and shoot at the same time and they wouldn't fix that until GTA4.

Phendrift

Oct 25, 2017
Metroid Prime was in first person because it was done at a time when developers hadn't yet figured out how to do a third person shooter. Ok convinced had Prime been done today it's look and control closer to Returnal than anything else. We've nailed this in 2021. In 2002 not even GTA3 or Vice City has any idea how to aim and shoot at the same time and they wouldn't fix that until GTA4.
and honestly thank god bc first person behind the visor adds a ton to prime's atmosphere

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
All signs point to Retro.

So then the implication is that Retro has been working on this remake even before they were brought on for Prime 4, and have been developing both alongside each other since the Prime 4 restart? I mean, I guess it kinda explains what Retro have been doing for all those years, but it just feels kinda unlikely to me.