• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Nz5vtdNl.jpg

Credit to reddit for this rumor

chimpsteaks

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 12, 2019
Much preferable imo. I won't usually want to dive back into a game multiple different times for DLC sized content, but I would be more inclined to revisit it a single time for a substantial expansion.

blownspeakers

May 7, 2019
how is he supposed to know this? I thought the stuff he knew was because of the deep digging into the game, does he now have some FROM contacts or what is going on?
feels weird that the guy has news every week tbh

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, that resulted in GOAT-tier DLC the last time they did it (The Old Hunters), so... Cool.

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Im not surprised. From the trailer and general vibe of going this long without the DLC Im almost expecting a whole new continent area.

EatChildren

Wonder from Down Under
Oct 27, 2017
Single big DLC that I have to wait long for >>> two halve DLCs over the same period.

At least in this instance. I don't mind DLC being split into two chapters (Dishonored's DLC comes to mind), or fragmented story DLC with separate missions (like Mass Effect). But in the case of something like Elden Ring I'd much prefer a huge bulk of new content that I can sink my life into.

I'm also not surprised about the insinuated season pass. That sounds like easy money.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
What they did with Bloodborne and it took it from a game I really liked to top 3 all time. I currently really like Elden Ring.

Oct 26, 2017
I'm fine with one big expansion, with the other souls games I usually didn't come back for the final of the 3 DLC since so much time had passed.

Thaum

Jan 5, 2023
I was ready to pay for them all. Don't care if it ends up $40, just give it to me.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
This is how i play all dlc anyway. Wait until everything is out and treat it as one big expansion. Much prefer it to returning to a game multiple times for smaller experiences.

blownspeakers

May 7, 2019
The quote itself yeah, afaik he did show them his patch though. No idea how much truth is in there.
honestly like, this is kinda weird to believe. it's probably more like, some guy from sony saw it eventually because it went kinda viral?
and the fact that he's so insistent on his patch to just fix a PS5 version is weird. actually patching that game like that, officially, would require lots of more work.

Apr 3, 2020
Bloodborne and Dark Souls 1 all of them had 1 DLC, and compared to others they always felt something like "1.5 DLC"

Even Bloodborne which is supposed to be 2 DLCs merged into one, but it never felt like "2 DLCs in 1"

But I do prefer this way, DS1 and BB DLCs felt like they are packed with content, and without the bad parts.

dom

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did he mistake the filename of an image again this time too?

Simdog497

Aug 26, 2022
So i'm out of the loop.

Lance is the guy who modded bloodborne into 60fps yeah?

How does he have insider info about from software?

Zem

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I highly doubt anyone is feeding him info and this is just an educational guess most of us here could make that can't really be proven wrong unless FROM themselves come out and say, which they won't.

KennyLinder

Game Designer at EA
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Maaaaan I can't wait to jump into whatever they deliver.

I never knew that about Bloodborne. Was the content called, or all added to Old Hunters?

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
If it's as big as Limgrave + Weeping Peninsula that's already good enough. If it's that + Liurnia sized, even better. Am interested in what the mini dungeons will be like... still the same old catacombs, caves, and mines, or will there be something else? No doubt this will pose an interesting challenge to FROM... can't wait to see what they do

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
Dark Souls 3's DLC flows so much better when you treat it like one big package

But I also like the idea of DS2's pass, 3 quick hits of new content. Wasn't there for that at launch but I can imagine it being a ton of fun revisiting a souls game every few months with the community and discovering what's new together

Curious to see just how big this one will be. We're in uncharted waters here, have a feeling it's gonna be massive

Last edited:

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
That's the way to do it imo.
Give me one big reason to dive back into your game instead of smaller chunks over the same time period.

Jan 20, 2023
If they do a huge very linear (and traditional fromsoft soulslike) single player DLC, thats kind of like it's own little mini story/area/megadungeon, all contained away in one section, i think it will cement elden ring as an absolute GOAT.

I honestly wouldn't mind waiting another 2 years for that, if thjey essentially released like Elden Ring 1.5 and it was borderline it's own standalone game on merit

thats my hopes for it anyway