• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
http://www.wdrb.com/story/37062873/rep-dan-johnson-commits-suicide-on-bridge-in-mt-washington
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Kentucky State Rep. Dan Johnson, who was under investigation for alleged sexual molestation, has committed suicide.

Bullitt County Sheriff Donnie Tinnell said Johnson killed himself on a bridge on Greenwell Ford Road in Mt. Washington, and the gun was recovered.

This is the same guy denying he molested a 17 year old girl and sang a hymn before saying he wouldn't resign.

Longer read on Johnson's shady history: http://longcon.kycir.org/

Last edited:

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
His statement that he posted on facebook right before he took his life:
Just before 5 p.m. Wednesday, Johnson posted the following message on his Facebook page:

The accusations from NPR are false GOD and only GOD knows the truth, nothing is the way they make it out to be. AMERICA will not survive this type of judge and jury fake news . Conservatives take a stand. I LOVE GOD and I LOVE MY WIFE, who is the best WIFE in the world,My Love Forever ! My Mom and Dad my FAMILY and all five of my kids and Nine grandchildren two in tummies and many more to come each of you or a total gift from GOD stay strong, REBECCA needs YOU . 9-11-2001 NYC/WTC, PTSD 24/7 16 years is a sickness that will take my life, I cannot handle it any longer. IT Has Won This Life . BUT HEAVEN IS MY HOME. "PLEASE LISTEN CLOSELY, Only Three things I ask of you to do,if you love me is (1)blame no person,Satan is the accuser, so blame the Devil himself. (2) Forgive and Love everyone especially yourself .(3)most importantly LOVE GOD. P.S. I LOVE MY FRIENDS YOU ARE FAMILY ! GOD LOVES ALL PEOPLE NO MATTER WHAT !

speiky

"This guy are sick" says the Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Member was banned for 24H for calling a suicide victim a coward.
He's full of shit. His post is full of shit and he's a coward.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
Saw the news about him being investigated and not resigning pop up throughout the day, didn't expect this. A sad and tragic ending that doesn't really give anyone closure

Van

Oct 25, 2017
:( as a person who tried to kill them self, this isn't the way to go man... prayers to his wife and family

OP
OP
studyguy

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Also the story from the girl he straight up raped his horrendous.
Seriously fuck this guy. It's fucking awful.

"He started to stroke her arm. He slid his hands up, under her shirt and bra, and groped her. He stuck his tongue in her mouth. Then, he forced his hands down her pants, underneath her underwear, and penetrated her with his finger," the statement read. "She begged her pastor to stop and tried to force him off, quietly. She remembers not wanting to awaken Sarah. But Johnson was a big man, roughly twice her weight."

"He told her she'd like it. She said no, she didn't. She pleaded with him: go away, go away."

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017
Did a little research, and Dan Johnson helped run a morgue in Manhattan after September 11th.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/local-bishop-on-running-911-morgue-it-was-heaven-and-hell/316264380

"It's those kinds of pictures that play out in my mind over and over," Johnson said. "It looked like nighttime whether it was night or day, and we worked 24 hours a day non-stop. There were no days. There were no hours. It was just continual work. One of the officers asked what do you want us to do, and I received the body and laid it on the steel table on the gurney and I said that'll be all. Not really understanding what they were asking, but what they were asking for was somebody to know what to do. The pictures that play out in my mind are firemen, a father that spent days and days looking for his son. They found his son. He had had a hip replacement and he was so burned and mangled they couldn't really tell. But, they identified his surgeries. They identified his hip replacement. The father and his other son and I went in together and they held in their hands what was the remains of his son. There's sounds. There's smells. There's tastes. All the natural senses that can just spur anything and call those memories back to mind

Based on his note, it's very possible that he took his own life after suffering PTSD from the experience.

Udate: controversy on whether this is a true story

The 9/11 might thing just be total bullshit

seriously the article is insane: http://longcon.kycir.org/

Last edited:

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Shame that he didn't allow justice to prevail.

His statement that he posted on facebook right before he took his life:

Aside from it reading like the ramblings of someone in a mental ward, doesn't he go to hell for killing himself? Someone who loves God that much should know that right?

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
It's all horrible. I'm not sure really how to respond to this new. I guess I just feel bad for the victim and the family this guy just left. If there is a God, guess he'll be his judge now.

Karnova

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Suicide is never funny or just. The only upside is he can no longer harm others or himself.

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like a guy whos been troubled for the past few decades, especially with the drinking bit. This scandal I guess pushed him over the edge and couldnt take it anymore.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Well this is a shitty story all around.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from it reading like the ramblings of someone in a mental ward, doesn't he go to hell for killing himself? Someone who loves God that much should know that right?

Sounds like he left a note [in the form of that statement] trying to make his surviving family feel "better", if he truly believed in hell he probably thought he was bound for it.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

When you're on the brink of suicide, you're not going to be the most coherent. Its hard to describe the state of mind when you're in that moment, but I understand saying things that don't make sense like that when you're in that state.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Damn RIP. Even with the allegations, death is not something he deserved and I'm sure his extended family is reeling now.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
Will the investigation continue?

Also I'm not going to be rude about his death but I'm not going to wish him a well rest with those accusations. Death does not wipe away your actions and his victims deserve to have their stories remembered and heard.

Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
What someone has to tell themself to justify taking their life. Some sad shit.
That whole post is a roller coaster. I read the first part that he was giving the middle finger to the fake new media. By the end I think he still denied it to save his family further humiliation. It's just painful to think about.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Isn't suicide a sin? No Heaven and such bs?

This guy is a lunatic according to his Facebook post.
The Victim is the girl and his family.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Isn't suicide a sin? No Heaven and such bs?

This guy is a lunatic according to his Facebook post.
The Victim is the girl and his family.
It's pretty obvious you've never had suicidal ideatons.
There's no logic in it. None. Your mind is a mess when you want to kill yourself and it doesn't make much sense to try to explain it.
And there can be multiple victims in an incident, including someone who clearly had mental issues taking his life.

Beartruck

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did a little research, and Dan Johnson helped run a morgue in Manhattan after September 11th.

http://www.whas11.com/news/local/local-bishop-on-running-911-morgue-it-was-heaven-and-hell/316264380

Based on his note, it's very possible that he took his own life after suffering PTSD from the experience.
Good lord. Sounds like he had a lot of mental trouble even before this incident. Don't want to say "poor guy" because of what he did, but I pity anyone who had to live through that.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Not all Christians agree on this. Some believe if God forgives all sins, it includes ones you make in the future before you could ask for forgiveness.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
Shame that he didn't allow justice to prevail.

Depends on the Christian denomination that is subscribed to. Eternal security or perseverance of the saints versus losing your salvation. Something Christian theologians have debated for hundreds of years.

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finally, if the name Dan Johnson rings a bell, it's because this is the same Kentucky Rep. who compared Barack Obama and Michelle Obamato monkeys on multiple occasions, even posting an image of a chimpanzee and saying it was a "baby picture" of the former president.

Welp, as if the molestation allegations weren't enough... I'm just gonna leave this thread before I say something that will get me banned.

speiky

"This guy are sick" says the Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Can we not?
There's a difference between thinking his actions are gross (they were) and demeaning someone who just killed themselves.
The reason as to why should play a role wouldn't you say? I don't want to start an argument. I stand by what I said. I won't comment any further.