Chekhonte

User banned for use of an alt-account
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Interesting I would have thought it would reach a conclusion and just not have any actions/charges to follow.

I wonder if they will sue his estate, that's going to be rough for everyone.
Oh, did you mean criminal investigation or some internal government investigation? I was talking about criminal. I have no idea how internal investigations work.

speiky

"This guy are sick" says the Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
How about not saying people that commit suicide are cowards. Let's start there, ok?
Did I generalize? Or did I call the guy who was accused of molesting a SEVENTEEN year old girl a coward?
I had people close to me complete suicide (not commit as it's not a crime anymore...) but they were dealing with serious mental health problems. This guy couldn't face the music so he lets his family and friends suffer for it. So yea he's a coward.

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Member was banned for 24H for celebrating someones suicide
Guy is a racist piece of shit and a rapist. Bye, world is a better place without you in it.

incogneato

Self Requested Ban
Nov 8, 2017
Yikes, the severe lack of empathy on the first page alone... you can condemn the potential allegations against the now deceased person, but taking a swig at their grave goes a little bit off the deep end...

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Did I generalize? Or did I call the guy who was accused of molesting a SEVENTEEN year old girl a coward?
I had people close to me complete suicide (not commit as it's not a crime anymore...) but they were dealing with serious mental health problems. This guy couldn't face the music so he lets his family and friends suffer for it. So yea he's a coward.

Except he talks about how he was suffering from PTSD from working in a morgue for 9/11.

OP
OP
studyguy

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
Nah no sympathy.
The guy just caused his family an extraordinary amount of pain.
Denied his rape victim justice she deserved.

This is literally the shittiest outcome for everyone involved.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
It's a lot more than just a molestation charge:
Long ago, Johnson fashioned an identity as a modern-day American patriot. Pro-gun, pro-God, pro-life. He talked in 2013 about making America great again. He lamented the lack of God in everyone's lives. He wept over the country's future.

But behind this persona — cultivated, built up and fine-tuned over decades — is a web of lies and deception. A mysterious fire. Attempted arson and false testimony. Alleged molestation in his church.

In Johnson's wake lies a trail of police records and court files, shattered lives and a flagrant disregard for truth.
Full article: http://longcon.kycir.org/

I'm reading through it right now, it's pretty insane

Rmagnus

Oct 28, 2017
It's pretty obvious you've never had suicidal ideatons.
There's no logic in it. None. Your mind is a mess when you want to kill yourself and it doesn't make much sense to try to explain it.
And there can be multiple victims in an incident, including someone who clearly had mental issues taking his life.

He made himself the victim while the rest of the victims are the results of his actions.

CrocM

Oct 25, 2017

This guy was clearly dealing with serious mental health problems. He even says in the note
PTSD 24/7 16 years is a sickness that will take my life, I cannot handle it any longer.

incogneato

Self Requested Ban
Nov 8, 2017
He raped a 17 year old girl.
You can condemn that whilst simultaneously not taking a swing when the dude committed suicide. It's both tactless and tasteless.

Saying:
"He was a deplorable person for committig this act while alive." is a fair statement

While:
"He was a deplorable person and I celebrate his death! What a coward, what a religious loon." is primordial.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I have no sympathy for this man, but his family will suffer greatly and that is unfortunate.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
And this is just stupid as all fuck. Christians should start actually reading Jesus again.

I think the debate comes from thinking not "god will forgive you for murder and rape because god forgives" and more thinking along the lines of "you say being gay is sin, but im sure good people go to heaven even if they're gay".

dragonchild

Oct 26, 2017
When you're on the brink of suicide, you're not going to be the most coherent. Its hard to describe the state of mind when you're in that moment, but I understand saying things that don't make sense like that when you're in that state.
Yeah my dad took his own life and the suicide note he left behind didn't make a whole lot of sense, and he was a sharp fellow in life so it was baffling to me. I suppose it's really what one should expect of a tortured mind on the brink of destroying itself, but popular fiction may have set some unreasonable expectations.

I'm just rather taken aback that this note was so. . . political. America will not survive? Fake news? Conservatives take a stand? Yet it seems he was most affected by the 9/11 morgue business. Guilty or innocent, I can't shake the feeling his own party's propaganda machine didn't do him favors in poisoning his shattered mind because if you're tormented by your inner demons and about to leave your family behind, where the hell does right-wing noise enter the picture? Again, incoherent but if I was on the brink of giving up on my life I can't imagine thinking, "I should write something political."

Phamit

Oct 26, 2017
People do strange stuff when they have depression and have decided to kill themselves. Since he mentioned having PTSD, he likely couldn't think straight anymore because of his illness(es)

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
What, you look at his Facebook post and think he didn't have mental health issues?
And it's never cowardice that causes someone to commit suicide. To say so demeans suicide victims everywhere. So stop it.

He made himself the victim while the rest of the victims are the results of his actions.
People who commit suicide are victims. You don't stop being a victim just because you've done bad shit in your life (which he obviously had). That's not how it works.

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck him for being a rapist pos, trying to hide behind his god and most importantly for being a coward.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Suicide seemed like the harder way out imo. I deff don't have the balls to ever do it no matter how depressed I get. It's much easier facing what's ahead than just shutting down. Guilty or not.

berzeli

Oct 25, 2017
The 9/11 might thing just be total bullshit
He set up a morgue right there, right near the rubble. And for two weeks — two heinous weeks — the Pope gave last rites for "all of those" pulled from the towers.

But Storm Swain, a Philadelphia theology professor who wrote a book about chaplains at Ground Zero, has never heard of Johnson. She said it's highly unlikely that any civilian, let alone an out-of-town clergyman, would have been asked to — or would have been able to — set up a morgue in the immediate aftermath of 9/11.

And a spokeswoman for New York City's medical examiner's office said she checked with several colleagues who were at the scene. No one remembers Danny Ray Johnson.
seriously the article is insane: http://longcon.kycir.org/

plagiarize

It's not a loop. It's a spiral.
Oct 25, 2017
Cape Cod, MA
Celebrating or cheering after anybody has committed suicide isn't tolerated here. No one should feel compelled to ignore the things he did in life in this thread either, but celebrating his death is inappropriate.

We are going through this thread, and further actions or guidance may be forthcoming.

Chekhonte

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
People do strange stuff when they have depression and have decided to kill themselves. Since he mentioned having PTSD, he likely couldn't think straight anymore because of his illness(es)
That posts looks to my amateur eyes like it was written during a mixed affective state. Showing both signs of mania and depression. This state takes probably more lives than any other. It's really sad and could have been treated.

Chekhonte

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Celebrating or cheering after anybody has committed suicide isn't tolerated here. No one should feel compelled to ignore the things he did in life in this thread either, but celebrating his death is inappropriate.

We are going through this thread, and further actions or guidance may be forthcoming.

Thanks for posting this.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
Damn, what the Hell is it with molesters clinging to God so much? Fucking ASSHOLE. It's crazy I was just thinking about this earlier before seeing this thread too.

Edit: If that's too much, mods, I apologize. This is just very personal to me and hits home.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
The 9/11 might thing just be total bullshit

seriously the article is insane: http://longcon.kycir.org/
giphy-downsized-large.gif