• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
qRSaLvk.jpg

mine arrived today from amazon, east coast us, didn't think i would get it before this weekend, nice

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Keep staring at importing the physical Switch ver. from Amazon.

I know I only need to wait less than a week for details, but it's hard to be confident Capcom will do a physical release in North America... yet on the other hand they could always surprise.

omgkitty

Oct 25, 2017
Nashville
Keep staring at importing the physical Switch ver. from Amazon.

I know I only need to wait less than a week for details, but it's hard to be confident Capcom will do a physical release in North America... yet on the other hand they could always surprise.

I would say the price will be comparable to the JP price, possibly only paying a little more to get it shipped. I'd also guess you would most likely be waiting at least several months for it to release.

Nov 1, 2017
If anyone is willing, id gladly PayPal the cost/shipping plus some extra for a Switch copy.

PM if you're willing. Thank you!

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
They can really only blame themselves for skipping so many releases and doing a digital only western release on a pre-Switch Nintendo platform (the 3DS eShop is absolutely horrible to navigate & use).
Yeah, I never these companies that fail to foster and satisfy fans and then blame said fans lol.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Guessing it's pretty easy (due to being a VN and all) with the ladder achievement being the only thing you can really miss (due to it taking place across multiple games).
Does this new HD version allow you to skip text faster than the DS originals?

Getting all of Angel's lunch boxes is one you have to go out of your way for too. Having to get things wrong on purpose for certain ones and losing health because of it. But with that and the ladder trophy it remembers the ones you have done so you can just go back and get what you missed without finishing that episode.

It has 3 different skip options. The default one is pretty fast you just keep your finger on the circle button and goes through until it needs you to present or do your cross examinations.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Ugh need something different to play after KH3 and RE2 and this could really do the trick, been angling for a replay for a while. Japanese PSN is tempting me...

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
Can the theme be bought separately from the game? I'm planning to get the game on Switch.

Not that I can see. There's no option for it in the theme section of the store.

How were the animations? Any noticeably missing frames?

The trailer gave me hope that everything is finally fully animated this go around, which hasn't been the case since the sprites got redesigned starting from the mobile port.

I can't really remember the originals so I'm not the best judge on the changes. But the characters still blinked and had other animations. I didn't notice anything that stood out.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Not that I can see. There's no option for it in the theme section of the store.

I can't really remember the originals so I'm not the best judge on the changes. But the characters still blinked and had other animations. I didn't notice anything that stood out.
Well, for almost every sprite animation, there should be 3 frames where the character blinks and 3 frames where the character is moving their mouth. There are a few exceptions, but that's mostly how it was before.

Ever since the mobile port, many animations had missing frames, like no blinking or only one frame of mouth movement when the character talked. This was improved in the 3DS version (I believe every character blinks now, but it was usually only one frame instead of three), but it still was very noticeable on most characters (like Maya).

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Is it possible to play with one joycon? It would be awesome to just lay down and press A continously

Efejota

Mar 13, 2018
I get the feeling that they will release this English only again, uh. It'd be nice if they released the Switch version with other languages at the very least, but I can see that backslashing them also.

Magoo

Oct 28, 2017
UK
How easy i
how easy is the plat? It's my main deciding point between switch or ps4

Really easy. Main thing is just time with some of the cases being long.

It has a few missable trophies in certain cases and the ladder vs stepladder one spans all of the games. But it has a case select and skipping text is fast so you could go back to get any easily enough.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
a few hours into the last case on the first game, ema skye is way better than maya is my initial impressions. this is around when i quit on the 3ds version, im gonna complete the trilogy this time.