• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I thought Inkling Girl was shown off beforehand though.

This was shown off previously in unpainted form:
SigmaCloud1518948160.jpeg

This one was never seen before this past WonFes:

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
I posted about this in another thread but maybe this is a better one for it.
Anyone have any insight on whats going on with Yamato USA ? I had a Batman preordered from them through BBTS, but its estimated release date kept getting pushed back each month and eventually I got an email from BBTS saying the whole item had been cancelled and wouldn't even be produced. It really sucks because I loved the sculpt which even looked awesome from the reverse side imo, and none of the other Batman statues/figures would work as well for me in the 1/6th scale range for that price. Some pics :
Does anyone know if something's going on with the company, or, if cancelled projects ever end up being reworked or announced again at later dates ? I'd even buy the prototype they had at Cons at this point :/

Bii

Oct 25, 2017
I posted about this in another thread but maybe this is a better one for it.
Anyone have any insight on whats going on with Yamato USA ? I had a Batman preordered from them through BBTS, but its estimated release date kept getting pushed back each month and eventually I got an email from BBTS saying the whole item had been cancelled and wouldn't even be produced. It really sucks because I loved the sculpt which even looked awesome from the reverse side imo, and none of the other Batman statues/figures would work as well for me in the 1/6th scale range for that price. Some pics :

Does anyone know if something's going on with the company, or, if cancelled projects ever end up being reworked or announced again at later dates ? I'd even buy the prototype they had at Cons at this point :/

You're probably out of luck on this one. I checked Entertainment Earth's product listing for it as well and it's shown as cancelled. So the manufacturer has notified its distributors that they will not be producing this piece. I can't think of any recent figures/statues that have been "officially" cancelled only to resurface later. The chances of getting a prototype are slim to none. Sorry man. :(

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know that wave showed up here because I saw a pile of Wolverines yesterday.

Also, the US releases of Bandai Star Wars figure kits are starting to show up in brick and mortar retail. I just found Luke in stormtrooper gear, which is one of the more expensive ones. It was $23.99.

Last edited:

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
You're probably out of luck on this one. I checked Entertainment Earth's product listing for it as well and it's shown as cancelled. So the manufacturer has notified its distributors that they will not be producing this piece. I can't think of any recent figures/statues that have been "officially" cancelled only to resurface later. The chances of getting a prototype are slim to none. Sorry man. :(
That seems so weird to me to fully cancel something that was already up for preorders and had a finished design. Like, someone had to make the sculpt and everything for what's basically a finished piece, and then just scrap the whole thing and automatically cancel all the preorders that had been made to that point. It's hard to imagine the sculpts and work that's already gone into something like this just getting tossed. I wish another company could pick up the design and put it into production. It looks like I'm out of luck on a batman piece. I wanted a 1/6th scale that wasn't too close to a live action movie or comic look, but more of an amalgamation of the character. The only others that are half decent are 4 or 5 times the cost :/

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Probably preorders were bad and/or issues with the license/approval. Who knows?

Did DC not really expect Teen Titans Go to the Movies to perform at all? I'm kind of surprised there weren't any toys. I mean, TT Go doesn't have that great of a toy lineup in the first place, but I'd love like a series of minifigs with the characters who made cameos (as long as they weren't evil blind bags). Or even an extension of that Target-exclusive Funko line (which seems to be dying).

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Fudge! I can't decide if I want to pull the trigger online and pay shipping or wait to hit up walgreens after work where is says they have 2-5 in stock

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The page is gone. And that coupon won't work for me even with $60 in my cart.

OP
OP

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
People pls you know the rule of rare toys going up! Order and don't ask questions or you don't get it!

and buy all the things

Shig

Oct 30, 2017
Got in ML Doc Ock and Carnage today. Great stuff! Wish Ock's arms were actually bendy material instead of set, but the material still has a good bit of give, I can probably finagle them a bit into better poses. Not a fan of how the lower tentacles face backwards at their ends by default, those claws should all be poised and pointed forward menacingly instead of kinda trailing off.

It's only pretty recently that I started my Legends bender to get Spidey and his noteworthy villains
which then quickly went off the rails into buying basically any fairly notable 60's-80's styled Marvel characters in general and a few newer odds and ends, cough cough cough
, really happy with what I've managed to hunt down in that time just through normal hunting, and that a lot of the stuff that's been released and revealed since I started are playing perfectly towards the classic-styled characters and looks I had in mind. Got the Sandman and Lizard build-a-figures, Green Goblin, Mysterio, Doc Ock, Shocker, Venom, and Carnage now. I guess I've got Jackal, Prowler, and Lasher since I got 'em for the BAF pieces, but eh those I could take 'em or leave 'em. I guess I should pull the trigger on a Morbius while he's cheap, mayyyybe Tombstone. Really looking forward to that Kingpin BAF. And I actually have a great Dr. Doom from the old Toy Biz Legends lines kicking around somewhere to throw in the menagerie, so that's serendipitous.

Kind of a bummer I didn't get the itch until after some notables like Hobgoblin, Kraven, Electro, the BAF Rhino, and (Old) Spidey 2099 came, went, and got nutty in the aftermarket. Though given how they're skewing towards more faithful classic looks for legacy villains in recent lines, I'm absolutely expecting a new Electro in the near future that has him in his whole classic costume, which would be vastly preferable to the existing one that had an interchangable classic head but the newer costume body that didn't really match it. Kraven had bit of a modernized look with a weird bland face, too, so I'm holding out that he'll come back around soonish with his old leopard pants and and the crazy, overconfident smile he deserves. I'm not so optimistic about Rhino's chances, I think a character that chunky is doomed to be a BAF by default and they're probably reluctant to do the same character as a BAF multiple times, Venom notwithstanding. Best hope is that they reissue him in a box set with another figure or two I probably already have or don't want.

ohhthegore

Nov 25, 2017
Stopped by 3 walgreens on the way from work yesterday with no luck. My dumb ass should of just bought it online when I had the chance lol

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
They just came out so I'm not toooooo worried about it. I've been able to spot every single other Walgreens exclusive in the wild eventually. Theres a milliion walgreens around me though which is probably why

There are a shitload of them around here, but I never saw Mr. Fantastic or any of the Star Wars exclusives. Or Thing or Silver Surfer if those ever shipped to stores.
And I only saw their Punisher once

And every Target around here has piles of Solo Chewbaccas but noone I've talked to has seen a Gamorrean Guard.

Shig

Oct 30, 2017
Stopped by 3 walgreens on the way from work yesterday with no luck. My dumb ass should of just bought it online when I had the chance lol
I went by one that had ML figures on a pegboard by an endcap in addition to the spots on the shelf, and stock on both were really thin... So I grabbed a few from the shelf and put 'em on the pegboard, to make the shelf spot *really* jump out as needing restocked.

Yes, yes, I'm aware how sad that is. But I sure as hell ain't gonna pester employees about checking for figures in the back, and I'd wager my way will actually get results. Eventually.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
I'd order them now while they are online. I managed to snag surfer yesterday morning when it went up. Hopefully I'll catch The Thing like this as well.

I just don't trust My Walgreens to stock this in any reasonable timeframe. They are still chock full of olderwaves.

Also guys. This came in for me today. SO STOKED.

chaosaeon

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, those movie accurate tmnt sets are pretty cool. I think this is one of those things I'm fine not having since I wouldn't have a clue where to put them and they cost quadruple what they should at this point anyway lol. Appreciate the sculpts though. Best design of the turtles imo.

Last edited:

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
I need those Turtles... Still so pissed the damn website fucked me over when I had them in my cart and was checking out. These have to be released individually, right? They'd be stupid not to.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
I need those Turtles... Still so pissed the damn website fucked me over when I had them in my cart and was checking out. These have to be released individually, right? They'd be stupid not to.

Unfortunately no. Due to licensing issues Neca can't sell their TMNT stuff outside conventions, part of why demand for these is so crazy. Your best bet is for knock offs to come out.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Wut? How come I can get the big versions at toys r us (RIP) and big bad toy store?

Because the 1/4 scale license was available.
There are also price point exceptions sometimes, like how other companies than Hasbro can sell Marvel figures at 1/12 in the US as long as they're $80 or more.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
Because the 1/4 scale license was available.
There are also price point exceptions sometimes, like how other companies than Hasbro can sell Marvel figures at 1/12 in the US as long as they're $80 or more.
WTF? I never knew the scales had special stipulations. I figured it was just "Here's the license, have fun", and it was up to the manufacturer to determine if they wanted to make different sizes. Dammit, I really want those figures.

RuffMadman

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
USA
Anyone know if it's possible to get replacement parts for a Revoltech figure? Specifically the Amazing Yamaguchi Deadpool

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I found out the hard way that the Stan Lee BAF was canceled. I was hyped to see the exclusive MCU 2-packs at the nearest Target, but my joy turned to WTF.
The unmasked Killmonger head looks amazing, though. It may be the best mass-produced 1:12 head yet. I don't really care about those sets anymore, though.

Anyone know if it's possible to get replacement parts for a Revoltech figure? Specifically the Amazing Yamaguchi Deadpool

There are eBay sellers with piles of Revoltech joints listed.

OrangeAtlas

Oct 25, 2017
I found out the hard way that the Stan Lee BAF was canceled. I was hyped to see the exclusive MCU 2-packs at the nearest Target, but my joy turned to WTF.
The unmasked Killmonger head looks amazing, though. It may be the best mass-produced 1:12 head yet. I don't really care about those sets anymore, though.

There are eBay sellers with piles of Revoltech joints listed.

Yeah it's disappointing but understandable, thankfully with the announcement of the wave 2 Killmonger I really don't need the 2-pack one anymore.