• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
https://twinfinite.net/2019/05/sekiro-shadows-die-twice-activision-pleased/

"During the financial conference call related to the first quarter of the calendar year 2019, Activision talked about the performance of FromSoftware' Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice.

First of all, we learn that the game's sales were "better-than-expected."

Chief Operative Officer Collister "Coddy" Johnson also commented further on Activision's reaction to the game's performance.

"Q1 also saw the highly successful release of Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, the result of Activision's approach to selectively partnering with high-quality developers to leverage our publishing and marketing scale and expertise.

We couldn't be more pleased with the collaboration, execution, and response to FromSoftware's critically acclaimed title from gaming communities worldwide."

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is currently available for PS4, Xbox One, and PC, and has sold over 2 million copies in less than ten days. If you're unfamiliar with the game, you can read our review."

I guess that means DLC and a sequel are on the table. Really good news. Really great to see how well the game is doing. Naysayers proven wrong once more.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
"Better than expected", coming from Activision? I'm genuinely surprised.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
Activision is now asking From Software, very confused, why they don't lay off half of the people who made the game

Deleted member 2834

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's an absolutely amazing game and I hope From software continues to develop new games. Please don't make a franchise out of everything.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Helped them a bit in Q1 which was "Better than expected". We all know who the real "King" at Acti is though.

3rZg8ky.jpg

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
If it was better than expected then Activision must have set really low expectations because nothing makes them happy. Good for the Sekiro devs though they made another really cool game.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Awesome news. Hope this means we get a nice meaty old hunters style DLC for the game, because if it gets that it might be able to be up there with BB.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Glad for From.

I'm still having trouble caring for Activision with their super high executive bonuses and mass layoffs from last fall, though.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gimme a sequel with multiple weapon styles, more fully integrated prosthetic tools and a greater variety in enemies, environments, etc. I want more Sekiro!

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Uh oh, they've made something successful. Time for Activision to either:

1) Milk the shit out of the franchise
2) Lay off the staff for making them higher than expected profits.
3) Both 1 & 2

Jan 21, 2019

Sequel please. Don't need bonus levels.

I really hope this ends the whole myth that non-openworld single player only games no longer sell

When companies say they don't sell, they mean they don't sell like Fifa or Madden, and they don't have recurring revenue like said games. And these are absolutely correct statements in that regard. But yeah, fuck the companies that have this mentality.

Orochinagis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thats what happens when you dont expect more than deliver a good quality base game with no service game functions in the future

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This deal really seemed like Activision wanted something that would do moderately well in a year where most of their internal teams won't release anything big. Seems good for both parties involved.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
Iam guessing that the next From game will be published by Activision again. I think From has loved the freedom it has gotten from Activision.

Semfry

Oct 25, 2017
One good thing about the constant "it sold under expectations" bullshit for every game is that when publishers say the opposite you know they mean it.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Im legit shocked Activision didn't fuck around with this game.

It's cause it's not priority or their IP. I listened to most of this thing. They are going to focus on their own IP's (Cod, Wow, Diablo, Candy Crush etc.) and mobile in the future cause those are the real money makers.

Aeroucn

Oct 27, 2017
I'm totally ok with activision throwing money at great developers and not messing around with the monetization

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
I am picturing this reply, coming from Hanbei in Sekiro, with some From-style serif font at the bottom of my TV, and I am loving it.
What I was trying to say is, Activision usually says "[insert any Activision game] didn't meet our expectation sales" even when said game sells millions.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
What I was trying to say is, Activision usually says "[insert any Activision game] didn't meet our expectation sales" even when said game sells millions.
Activision seems pleased with single-player only games like Crash and Spyro doing well within their selling range.

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense , Am assuming they thought this would sell similar to Bloodborne since that was also a new IP.

BB hit 1m after nearly a month. Sekiro doing 2m in 10 days is definitely a huge step up from that , even if it has 2 more platforms.

th1nk

Nov 6, 2017
Great game that deserves it. I hope it gets a PS5 patch for 60 fps performance. Beating it on PS4 Pro was rough due to input lag.

Nitori

Oct 29, 2017
Considering the only other new titles Activision has this year is COD Mobile and whatever IW's COD game is, this is good news for them. I hope they can do more publishing deals with Japanese developers.

Prolepro

Ghostwire: BooShock
Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Only From game I havent finished. Stopped at second to last boss.

I think I'm just done with their formula.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
I doubt they had it selling on pace with Dark Soul 3, given it's a brand new IP and 100℅ single player only — but that's exactly what's it doing, which is impressive.

Dark Souls(Bamco) Bloodborne/DeS(Sony) Sekiro(Activision). From is scorching hot right now, but I'd love to see them leverage this commercial & critical success and create IPs they actually own. No reason not to; their games don't have an exorbitant budget and their fans show up Day 1.

Spacejaws

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Scotland
Activision also confused that sales of the season pass are exactly zero and they can't even find where they left the darn thing.