• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
All Lives Matter has always been a dogwhistle used to take away from the main point and focus of the protest.

The unarmed killing and violation of a citizens due process of law by Law Enforcement.

Que pretty much every white person who doesn't really have a stake in it all to think a message like "All Lives Matter" in response to "Black Lives Matter" is being used to equalize and be fair to everybody.

White people and even other minorities always do this shit. Black people can't be allowed to focus and speak on issues that plauge us specifically. It always needs to be opened up and included for all. As if this an 'Us' issue, and not hurting and targeting black people discriminately and disproportionately

Black Lives Matter was never in the context of 'Only'

But that won't stop fragile ass white people from getting upset and completely misrepresenting the issue and trying to distract and pull it out of context. And this is exactly why Pelosi said it...

Because she wants to look like she supports Black People while placating fragile and sensitive white racists.... One hell of a conundrum to sit on the fence on. She's playing politics... But Im not a big fan on a stance like this. It's a binary choice. You either support Black People speaking out against injustice or you don't.

And the truth of the matter is that Black People asking for justice bothers the fuck out of White Liberals too... If that wasn't the case, then Nancy could have easily just said yes and keep it at that.... Think about that. Digest it.

The last thing you do is dogwhistle slogans that are used purely to detract from our social cause.

This is the part where White Liberals tell me I shouldn't be so damn annoying when she's using language better than a Republican. It's not enough. I'm not satisfied. You see who's running the government? You think answer like that will satisfy me as a black man? When I hear about a police brutality killing, I think of my cousins. My uncles... My friends ... Black mothers think of their husbands, Sons, Brothers, nephews....

It can be any one of us! That's how real it is. It's not a joke. It's not a game. It's about the lives of real people, with emotions, with goals....

You know what? I wouldn't even be mad if people actually meant that All Lives Matter......

But don't fucking lie to me. When people say ALM, they damn sure don't include Black People. And they damn sure aren't trying to defend us by using the phrase.

It's used to downplay and dismiss. That's it.

If All Lives Mattered, Black People wouldn't be fucking protesting and marching in the first place, right?!!!..... We wouldn't be seeing disproportionate extrajudicial killings if they did!!! Right?!!! Or any killings for that matter!!

If Black Lives Mattered, then nobody would have ever said Trayvonn, Mike Brown, or James Crawford deserved to die....... Let alone proudly

But we know thats not how white people respond to the death of black boys.

Also she wants to talk about racism as a "past grievance", another favorite white racist/white liberal talking point

Like we didn't just have a man shoot a black 7 year old baby for no reason in the last 3 days.....

Like we don't have a racist Clown Pres wreaking havok on the social climate and racial lines in the US.

Like Black People aren't dealing with mass income and wealth inequality...

This shit never stopped! These issues aren't in the past. Racism was never solved. Black People arent speaking about "previous greivances"... We're talking about shit we deal with now to this very day because of that previous fuckery.

What's cute is that a phrase such as "past greivances" suggests that Black People are complaining about old shit.... Gotta love how this plays with majority of white americans.

Again, White Liberals let it slide because you don't have a stake. You don't have to worry about getting terrible treatment from an officer of the law. It doesn't compute in your daily lives. However, It's something that you have to consider when living while black. Be vigilant for.

This was a prime example to show how Black US Citizens and White US Citizens live in 2 different realities when it comes to America.

Yeah, I guess everything she said is all cool...

Is that why the woman who asked the question looks like this during the answer?

Here's another fun fact

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
All Lives Matter has always been a dogwhistle used to take away from the main point and focus of the protest.

The unarmed killing and violation of a citizens due process of law by Law Enforcement.

Que pretty much every white person who doesn't really have a stake in it all to think a message like "All Lives Matter" in response to "Black Lives Matter" is being used to equalize and be fair to everybody.

White people and even other minorities always do this shit. Black people can't be allowed to focus and speak on issues that plauge us specifically. It always needs to be opened up and included for all. As if this an 'Us' issue, and not hurting and targeting black people discriminately and disproportionately

But that won't stop fragile ass white people from getting upset and completely misrepresenting the issue and trying to distract and pull it out of context. And this is exactly why Pelosi said it...

Because she wants to look like she supports Black People while placating fragile and sensitive white racists.... One hell of a conundrum to sit on the fence on. She's playing politics... But Im not a big fan on a stance like this. It's a binary choice. You either support Black People speaking out against injustice or you don't.

And the truth of the matter is that Black People asking for justice bothers the fuck out of White Liberals too... If that wasn't the case, then Nancy could have easily just said yes and keep it at that.... Think about that. Digest it.

The last thing you do is dogwhistle slogans that are used purely to detract from our social cause.

This is the part where White Liberals tell me I shouldn't be so damn annoying when she's using language better than a Republican. It's not enough. I'm not satisfied. You see who's running the government? You think answer like that will satisfy me as a black man? When I hear about a police brutality killing, I think of my cousins. My uncles... My friends ... Black mothers think of their husbands, Sons, Brothers, nephews....

It can be any one of us! That's how real it is. It's not a joke. It's not a game. It's about the lives of real people, with emotions, with goals....

You know what? I wouldn't even be mad if people actually meant that All Lives Matter......

But don't fucking lie to me. When people say ALM, they damn sure don't include Black People. And they damn sure aren't trying to defend us by using the phrase.

It's used to downplay and dismiss. That's it.

If All Lives Mattered, Black People wouldn't be fucking protesting and marching in the first place, right?!!!..... We wouldn't be seeing disproportionate extrajudicial killings if they did!!! Right?!!! Or any killings for that matter!!

If Black Lives Mattered, then nobody would have ever said Trayvonn, Mike Brown, or James Crawford deserved to die....... Let alone proudly

But we know thats not how white people respond to the death of black boys.

Also she wants to talk about racism as a "past grievance", another favorite white racist/white liberal talking point

Like we didn't just have a man shoot a black 7 year old baby for no reason in the last 3 days.....

Like we don't have a racist Clown Pres wreaking havok on the social climate and racial lines in the US.

Like Black People aren't dealing with mass income and wealth inequality...

This shit never stopped! These issues aren't in the past. Racism was never solved. Black People arent speaking about "previous greivances"... We're talking about shit we deal with now to this very day because of that previous fuckery.

What's cute is that a phrase such as "past greivances" suggests that Black People are complaining about old shit.... Gotta love how this plays with majority of white americans.

Again, White Liberals let it slide because you don't have a stake. You don't have to worry about getting terrible treatment from an officer of the law. It doesn't compute in your daily lives. However, It's something that you have to consider when living while black. Be vigilant for.

This was a prime example to show how Black US Citizens and White US Citizens live in 2 different realities when it comes to America.

Yeah, I guess everything she said is all cool...

Is that why the woman who asked the question looks like this during the answer?

Here's another fun fact

And let the church say amen.

CarpeDeezNutz

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Other minority's? Like Hispanics being thrown into camps at the border? I'm Mexican it's not like we're immune to this shit, had an uncle blown away from some cops with their bullshit excuse about why.

Osan912

Avenger
Sep 22, 2018
She doesn't fully support it because real talk the movement is too polarizing for people. Not what you wanted to hear but especially with 2020 round the corner black grievances are near the bottom of pressing concerns for politicians. Not much you can do. Just keep fighting the good fight and making noise.

junomars

Banned
Nov 19, 2018
I think you're trying very very hard to take harmless comments and make a fire out of them.

Aaronrules380

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean you're not wrong, but it's also unfortunately a touchy issue for a lot of white people and she's in a tough position as a politician who represents her entire party, from the solid blue regions to the districts where getting any sort of democrat in power is a ridiculously uphill battle

Book One

Oct 25, 2017
I think you're trying very very hard to take harmless comments and make a fire out of them.

There's not any 'trying' necessary. That's exactly what 'all lives matter' is and why it's consistently the go to for right wingers who want to dilute the BLM message. Using it in such an answer is just really foolish.

TurokTTZ

Oct 25, 2017
Pelosi belongs to the establishment. what did y'all expect?

doesn't change the fact everyone needs to vote dem come the general election.

a shame nonetheless. establishment dems still out of touch with minorities.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's absolutey nothing wrong with them. This is an extremely polarizing set of phrases and she tried her best to tie both movements together in a peaceful way on the fly. The OP is embarrasing tbh.

There's only one movement - BLM. The other phrase is an excuse that racists (diet or not) use to minimize BLM.

She said black lives matters first. This is absolutely ridiculous pedanticism for no reason at all.

There's no reason to say ALM afterwards unless it's because you're embarrassed about saying BLM.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's absolutey nothing wrong with them. This is an extremely polarizing set of phrases and she tried her best to tie both movements together in a peaceful way on the fly. The OP is embarrasing tbh.
All Lives Matter is a trash statement meant to downplay what Black Lives Matter is getting at.

On purpose.

Oct 25, 2017

why the fuck would somebody contradict their supposed support for BLM by including ALM? Your assessment is what's embarassing.

slabrock

Oct 25, 2017
Not a good look. Just say Black Lives Matter and not try to qualify it. All lives matter is just some bullshit backpedaling.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
Defending shitty politicians because they are less shitty than their opponents is a sad state of reality the world over.

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London
All lives matter is fine, the right wingers are trying to insinuate that black people think they matter more than others, the message from the beginning was that all lives matter anyway.

It's amazing how the right can drag people down endless rabbit holes of nonsense.

junomars

Banned
Nov 19, 2018
why the fuck would somebody contradict their supposed support for BLM by including ALM? Your assessment is what's embarassing.
Its not contradictory this is insane. She has to say it because a conservative talking point is that white people are under attack.

Its absolutely jarring that this thread got reopened after the first attempt at click bait. This is shameful.

NihonTiger

Oct 25, 2017

Bingo. It became pretty obvious to myself early on, once I really thought about it, that it wasn't at all about only, but more in the context of 'too', that their lives mattered every bit as much as white lives like my own.

It's not that the ALM folks, the ones actively trumpeting that rhetoric, don't see this. They know it and are purposely skewing it because they don't want those lives to matter since it might make them... responsible for something.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Many Democrats are only marginally more pro-minority than conservatives imo. I think they just pander to minorities for the votes all too often

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
thats the thing she's running for president, and shes making dumb statements

and that's bad. The democrats are simply saying 'well apparently pandering to minorities didn't work in the last presidential election, so now we have to tip toe and pander to white people.'

and thats why pelosi shouldn't run for president. They learned the wrong things from the last election.

Edit:
Who was it then? ..........Oh right, Elizabeth Warren was the one exploring options, I get them confused.

My mistake. Carry on. I'm still gonna say that the establishment democrats learned the wrong thing if they're saying this.

Last edited:

Bio

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Denver, Colorado

If your response to Black Lives Matter is to say that all lives matter then you don't understand why people started saying black lives matter to begin with.

OP
OP
DigitalOp

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Other minority's? Like Hispanics being thrown into camps at the border? I'm Mexican it's not like we're immune to this shit, had an uncle blown away from some cops with their bullshit excuse about why.

I'm sorry to hear that.

When I made that comment, I'm specifically referring to when black people create any form social campaigns. The go to criticism always tends to be that our concerns or issues aren't valid because they can and do affect others.

Nobody argues that, but when it's used as a weapon to bludgeon our concerns or dismiss them, it's highly aggravating. And it happens to us across the board.

I personally have no problem standing up for others causes, and I'd always include others who sympathize to stand by my side. But I'm basically yelling into the void for black people to finally be able to have their own voice and be taken seriously.

I am absolutely aware that people of all races are gunned down with no due process. It has to stop.

And black people speaking out against their own killings does not conclude that we'd be perfectly fine with others being killed just the same

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yessss. Pelosi's statement was trash because she threw that loaded dogwhistle right in the middle of it. An unqualified, "yes, I support Black Lives Matter" was the right answer! She blew it.

Also, thank you for making this topic. The last one was a little questionable but what Pelosi said is absolutely discussion-worthy. Because the Democratic Party is still failing black Americans. The answer isn't for us to vote for Republicans, or abstain from voting, but rather to hold Dems accountable when they take questionable fucking positions, like Pelosi did with her statement here.

RyougaSaotome

Oct 25, 2017
The second she followed up BLM with ALM, her whole statement fell into the fucking toilet.

There is literally zero reason to bring up ALM here except to signal to those types.

Ugh. There ain't no winning for us, is there? All we can do is keep making noise and calling people out when they make fucking shit statements like this.

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
She said black lives matters first. This is absolutely ridiculous pedanticism for no reason at all.

She said Black Lives Matter with a fucking asterisk is what she did. And you are upset that we notice the shit and don't let it slide. We won't ever let it slide. She is not slick with this bullshit. And theres no need to "tie the two movements together" because the two movements don't belong together. One is about the disproportionate suffering of my people at the hands of law enforcement who are then NOT held accountable. The other "movement" exists only to mock the first one.

Fuck tying them together.

She has to say it because a conservative talking point is that white people are under attack.

And political """""""allies""""""" that let conservative policy and talking points dictate their behaviour is one of the broken things about the Democratic party as it stands.

Menchi

Oct 28, 2017
UK
The simple fact is, your country has made BLM to be toxic, to paint is as a singular focus on Black people above all others. It is no wonder that someone who wants to push for election is trying to distance themselves from it, wrong as it is. It doesn't matter that BLM isn't exclusive, but a focus on how black people are murdered without care, or due diligence as your media, your president, your politicians have made it to be exclusive. She could fight against it, and probably should, but when the left wing of your "progressives" feels they're better off trying to push an ALM vs BLM movement, then you probably should just accept that BLM as a movement is dead in terms of winning elections.

junomars

Banned
Nov 19, 2018
If your response to Black Lives Matter is to say that all lives matter then you don't understand why people started saying black lives matter to begin with.
Her first responsed was literally that she recognizes that black lives matter. Im out of this clown show. Like I said this is shameful stitring of the pot for nothing.

Heromanz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The second she followed up BLM with ALM, her whole statement fell into the fucking toilet.

There is literally zero reason to bring up ALM here except to signal to those types.

Ugh. There ain't no winning for us, is there.
I mean there is a way, but it requires black people voting for a candidate who actually care about the black cause

Status
Not open for further replies.