Status
Not open for further replies.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I wonder how they plan to continue The Road to productions now that the TV show is here. I guess they will continue with Road to Full Gear? The content for "Road to" has been phenomenal.
My guess is that the bulk of Road To content will move to TV and their social media stuff will mostly be command centre-style announcements/highlight videos, plus the more vlog-y vids (shot of Brandi, wrestlers getting room service, BTE reverting to BTS vids).

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Gotta be honest, if there is no paid streaming option in Canada, I might have to watch wrestling elsewhere...

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
MPOOt0i.png

I wanne throw money at them, but I can't. There is no legal option at the moment for me to watch AEW...

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
Wonder if/when they'll actually give Spears a singles win. Seems like he shouldn't be beating Moxley.

strikeselect

Oct 27, 2017
Love the name Dynamite, clear nod to Nitro

Looking forward to the show, as a longtime WCW fan I'm happy to see an alternative. Though I'll admit, I'm still skeptical. TNA left a really bad taste in my mouth as the "WWE alternative" many years ago. What a waste of potential that promotion was...

Anybody else hyped for Tony Schiavone back in the announcer booth?! I know I am.

Mingoguaya

Oct 30, 2017
The first time I heard Tony's voice after all these years I almost cried for real. Tony Schiavone is a reminder of so many great wrestling memories from the 90's with my friends watching WCW.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Really intrigued by AEW's weekly show. I'll def give it a chance.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I hope AEW comes to Cleveland soon. Would love it see it live.

I'm totally blanking on the guy's name but a friend of mine is friends since high school with a dude who just signed with AEW. They had a (almost certainly) unintentionally hilarious promo at All Out of them fighting a bunch of dudes on a rooftop in Cleveland and it ends with him making the most Derek Zoolander-ass face. It was so bad and yet perfect at the same time.

Anyway I believe he's supposed to debut on the 2nd? I could be wrong about that...

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017

I'm totally blanking on the guy's name but a friend of mine is friends since high school with a dude who just signed with AEW. They had a (almost certainly) unintentionally hilarious promo at All Out of them fighting a bunch of dudes on a rooftop in Cleveland and it ends with him making the most Derek Zoolander-ass face. It was so bad and yet perfect at the same time.

Anyway I believe he's supposed to debut on the 2nd? I could be wrong about that...
Warlow?

Mahonay

Oct 25, 2017
Pencils Vania

LOL. Probably Wardlow.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
I actually like his name a lot.

Sounds like something you would expect a big guy who smashes stuff to have.

That or "Slab Manbrick". Thats what my NXT name would be.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
I actually like his name a lot.

Sounds like something you would expect a big guy who smashes stuff to have.

That or "Slab Manbrick". Thats what my NXT name would be.

Totally. He's got a good look too. He apparently has boxing and jiu jitsu background which never hurts.

Just found a video from 2015 featuring Michael Wardlow being interviewed by Britt Baker after he won the Ric Flair Invitational battle royal:

Not the worst promo considering he had just started wrestling the year before that. Not a great promo mind you but he at least did it with confidence which is half the battle. It'll be interesting to see how much he has (or has not) grown since then.

Last edited:

Deleted member 8583

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Rush, Dragon Lee and Bestia left CMLL. Rush contract with RoH expires in December. AEW should try to get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.