• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I hope now that the roster is bigger we can start building stories for the women's division. That's what's lacking. The Britt vs. Bea feud is a start, but these things are hard to build if one participant isn't available every week. The roster is improved, now let's work with it. And please let's not be WWE and think one story or angle is enough for an entire division.

Shaneus

Oct 27, 2017
Good Bea Priestley promo video responding to Britt Baker. Makes fun of her being a dentist and basically says Britt isn't committed enough because wrestling is just something she does in her free time. And that she would have been perfect for pro wrestling five years ago, but can't hang now.

Really looking forward to this match.

The finger at the end was brilliant!

I think this is new too? Basically an extension of the segment on Countdown.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Caught Full Gear on the replay on BRL. How the hell do I see Britt vs Bea now? Nowhere on their YouTube channel and wasn't part of the BR Live stream.

Nov 1, 2017
Loved that PPV, the Mox/Omega fight really rose it up into unbelievable territory that people will speak of for years.

Also in good news, Canada will get some AEW next year. Imagine the crowd.

Oh and London too...............but that Canadian crowd...ohhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeah.

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Was finally able to check out Full Gear. Great PPV overall, yet I'm so conflicted on the

MJF turn. Of course it was coming but I felt like they could've let him run with it for just a bit longer.

Moxley v. Omega match was nutty as hell.

The suplex into barbed wire spot made me literally flinch. lmao

I hope AEW will bring a PPV to Phoenix, we'll do them justice in regards to crowd reaction.

Proteus

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Loved that PPV, the Mox/Omega fight really rose it up into unbelievable territory that people will speak of for years.

Also in good news, Canada will get some AEW next year. Imagine the crowd.

Oh and London too...............but that Canadian crowd...ohhhhh yeeeeeeeeeeeah.

Canada is an awfully big country. Hope they hit more than one location.

I'm sure Toronto is a given at least.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
Caught Full Gear on the replay on BRL. How the hell do I see Britt vs Bea now? Nowhere on their YouTube channel and wasn't part of the BR Live stream.

It's strange they don't have it up on YouTube yet though I would imagine it'll pop up on there before Dynamite.

Do we know if there were any dark matches at the PPV? If not they may want to consider that for the future so that they can always have something available at their regular Tuesday time. Otherwise they might want to aim to have Dark go up regularly on Fridays.

OP
OP
Bronx-Man

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty interested in the tag match because either Jericho becomes double-champ or he gets his first loss in AEW.

Probably gonna end in a time draw. Shame, because I'd love to see Sammy carrying some gold.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I'm pretty interested in the tag match because either Jericho becomes double-champ or he gets his first loss in AEW.

Probably gonna end in a time draw. Shame, because I'd love to see Sammy carrying some gold.

I can't see them going with a double champ this early or ending SCU's reign this early, so yeah, this will be Jericho's first loss or it'll be some sort of non-finish.

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019
I thought we would get a continuation of Elite vs Inner Circle but seems clear they're not going in that direction now. Narratively, Inner Circle is standing tall with both Jericho and PnP winning over the Elite. Meanwhile, the Elite has hit the lowest of lows- Cody loses his "only" chance at a title shot, loses his best friend. Omega loses to another ex-WWE guy and went completely off the deep end in the process. Bucks lost their feud to Lucha, lost to PP in the first round, and now lost to PnP. Page is the only guy to pull off a win but they've portrayed a strained relationship with him (at least on BTE).

I think the payoff is still a War Games style match between the factions, but that'll probably take the background as Cody and MJF feud and the rest of the faction works on finding themselves. And there's probably still more room for IC to stand even taller, eg PnP winning the tag belts.

P A Z

Oct 27, 2017
Barnsley, UK
Hangman Page vs PAC announced for Dynamite.

No idea why.

1st match: Page wins, PAC gets himself DQ'd
2nd match: PAC wins by cheating
3rd match: Page wins clean

EDIT: Ah they're not counting the first match they had at the indie show that they were supposed to have at DoN.

Last edited:

Henry Hank

Jul 25, 2019

No idea why.

Yeah. I'm not into it. Like I said in the other thread, the last time I complained about booking like this, they pulled out my favorite episode of Dynamite, so I'm sure they'll make it work in a satisfying way. But this is one of my bigger pet peeves from the way I see WWE, TNA, etc book. Don't have rematches without a good reason, and don't immediately have a rematch from a PPV match that just happened. And had a clear winner.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

No idea why.

EDIT: Ah they're not counting the first match they had at the indie show that they were supposed to have at DoN.

That's fair. Call this the AEW rubber match. I'm fine with it. PAC needs to win then Page needs to look confused and angry and continue his descent into heeldom.

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah. I'm not into it. Like I said in the other thread, the last time I complained about booking like this, they pulled out my favorite episode of Dynamite, so I'm sure they'll make it work in a satisfying way. But this is one of my bigger pet peeves from the way I see WWE, TNA, etc book. Don't have rematches without a good reason, and don't immediately have a rematch from a PPV match that just happened. And had a clear winner.

Yeah, this is some WWE bullshit. Endless rematches for no reason really grind my gears too. Hope everyone calls them out on it since they actually look online for feedback though.

auicc

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
One of my other peeves with WWE was they kept running the same match for a month straight for no reason since they have so many people. I'm hoping this will be the last time they have this match for a while.

iiicon

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
The problem with making records matter in a wrestling company is you gotta come up with convoluted reasons when you don't want them to matter.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I'm a bit worried for Hangman. On the media scrum he said he had a busted eardrum and a stinger made some of his fingers numb, He was constantly massaging his hand, He said it won't bother him when he asked for the match on Wednesday, but it'll still be a tough fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.