• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Swerve fucking with the Callis family makes me think they may have him go over Ospreay at the next ppv.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
It's going to be a great match, but man it's hard to be interested in "eliminator" matches that nobody ever wins.

I'm not sure what the solution is if they want to have the champ wrestle random matches, but AEW have so many matches lately where the winners are obvious and it makes it hard to care. The match will be great regardless.
Yeah....no matter the wrestling company, I despise eliminators. There have been a spate of them recently with AEW.

Agree with Ryo, it'll probably be a good, fun match, but....ugh, eliminator.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
I can't believe I voted with my heart for Hook to go over Jericho. Sigh. I would have had a PERFECT card too. :(

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Wednesday. You know what that means. 💜💜🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

WRASSLING! 🤩

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Dynamite hype. It's not looking good for Team Don, they'd be better off had they accepted Jericho into the faction.

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Yeah please stop having Fletcher lose, TK. He's far too talented to just be a pin eater. Only way this will be forgiven IMO is if Don Callis calls him out on this and embarrasses him only for Ospreay to stand up for him. Actually I change mind just stop having him lose, TK.

I expected Jericho to challenge Swerve at the end there.

I can see Jericho at his own grandmother's funeral.

"I'd like to thank everyone for coming out today. It's with a heavy heart I must report that Father Time, universal heavyweight champion successfully squashed my jobber of a nana. RIP you filthy mark."

Annie85x

Mar 12, 2020
Do wonder who will take Ospreay and Fletchers place in the DCF when the inevitable split happens.

If we don't have Will/Fletcher/Davis as the UE vs DCF I'd be amazed, just not really sure who replaces them.

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
If the striking wasn't so bad in Fire Pro, it'd be the greatest wrestling game of all time

images

I had more fun running CPU matches than actually playing the game for that reason.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Jericho is clearly leaning into this delusional mentor stuff so I think a good way to showcase him if he's just gonna stick around no matter what is to do things in response to the chants he gets/got.

"Please retire" could be him talking about listening to the fans and retiring the FTW belt.

"Fozzy sucks", he talks about his new merch of Fozzy Socks.

"Go Home, Jericho", he could talk about contemplating hanging it up but when he heard those chants he reinvigorated him because his home is in an AEW ring.

I think it'd eventually go from a "we hate you" to a "let's come up with new chants and see how he misconstrues them" fun type of thing.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I saw somewhere that Fozzy has a lot of touring dates lined up this summer. Could be a good time for Jericho to step away for a bit.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I saw somewhere that Fozzy has a lot of touring dates lined up this summer. Could be a good time for Jericho to step away for a bit.
sadly jericho always leaves tuesdays and wednesdays open in his fozzy scheduling so he can keep up his dynamite appearances.

The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
I'll be okay with Jericho if AEW makes him their R-Truth. Occasional meta comedic relief via self-aware humor that puts some shine on new talent or gives old talent something new to do. Just don't eat up too much time with it.

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
They really have to stop advertising Kyle Fletcher as the TV champion if he's just going to keep losing.
Realistically, they just need to eliminate the title. ROH still has 6 titles even after eliminating the Trio belts, I'd argue that they only need 3 or 4 -World, Pure, Women's and MAYBE the tag titles. Of course, they just made a women's TV title so they probably aren't going to retire the men's, but man, some of these titles do nothing but make themselves look like joke. He's 0-5 on AEW matches since he won the belt!!!

OrangeNova

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Realistically, they just need to eliminate the title. ROH still has 6 titles even after eliminating the Trio belts, I'd argue that they only need 3 or 4 -World, Pure, Women's and MAYBE the tag titles. Of course, they just made a women's TV title so they probably aren't going to retire the men's, but man, some of these titles do nothing but make themselves look like joke. He's 0-5 on AEW matches since he won the belt!!!
I think that's what they're doing with this actually.

But yeah, either axe all the ROH belts, or keep them off AEW. Either or.

Carbonox

Dec 13, 2017
I think Swerve has had a fantastic run with the world title but it's now time for Fozzy to be draped in gold and reinject some much needed excitement and star power in every title picture.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
I think Swerve has had a fantastic run with the world title but it's now time for Fozzy to be draped in gold and reinject some much needed excitement and star power in every title picture.

Fightful Select has just reported that Jericho is set to feud with Swerve and confirmed the new JAS debuting tonight to take him out.

7sYY9Sk.png

Last edited:

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Jericho is clearly leaning into this delusional mentor stuff so I think a good way to showcase him if he's just gonna stick around no matter what is to do things in response to the chants he gets/got.

"Please retire" could be him talking about listening to the fans and retiring the FTW belt.

"Go Home, Jericho", he could talk about contemplating hanging it up but when he heard those chants he reinvigorated him because his home is in an AEW ring.

I think it'd eventually go from a "we hate you" to a "let's come up with new chants and see how he misconstrues them" fun type of thing.

I hope he's this clever because that would be hilarious

Tabaxi

Nov 18, 2018

Now you're Jericooking.

Oct 27, 2017
I think it would be the hypest thing ever if Team Taz could all make up and get back together. Even if they have to call the faction something else. All those guys were the coolest as a unit.

Baphomet

Dec 8, 2018
No matter what , I will always be thankful for the creation of AEW giving more people chances to showcase their talents . Anyone who hates AEW hates pro wrestling.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
My champ.

View: https://x.com/WrestlePurists/status/1783164233795908068

Swerve Strickland responds to Grayson Waller's comments about WWE "finally bringing good wrestling to Jacksonville":

"Obviously (a dig at AEW). I love the subtleties. This person that said that, congratulations on their championship gold. Amazing. You were awesome when you were watching me in the seats when I was being a champion over where you were as well.

Happy to see where you progressed to, but let's be real, we are the best wrestling. Not just in Jacksonville but anywhere on the globe. In the world. I stand on business on that."

(News4Jax)

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
A good mix of story segment things and wrestle things even if it's not my ideal areas for either.

Unless Hobbs breaks Moxley's back then I will put up with a few more Jericho and Best Friends segments.