Boze Man

Oct 27, 2017
Bozeman, MT
AEW vary up their battle royal stipulations a lot, probably because they are trying to find something unique that works for them as well as the Royal Rumble does the competition. There have been a few great ones, but most are sadly forgettable.

But I will def shout out that very recently (as in the Dynamite before last one!) they tried a "sudden death" battle royal for the first time and it was really different, fun and exciting. That is one I would recommend watching. Hopefully that format makes a return, because they might've finally nailed it.

I really enjoy hearing your impressions as a new viewer btw, please keep it up!

I'm a mark for the Royal Rampage or Rampage Rumble, whatever they were calling it. Having a huge 2 ring Rumble on Rampage to take advantage of the Blood and Guts 2 ring setup. And the winner earned a title shot. Just a unique visual and match full of chaos. Unfortunately, probably something we'll lose if Rampage becomes a tacted on 3rd hour in the new deal.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
Aztec warfare!

It's Royal rumble rules (last man standing, timed entry) but it's pinfall or submission in the ring only. So you get people leaving the ring to be out of the elimination zone and you beat the shit out of them and drag their body back in the ring to pin them.

It needs to be like half an episode of dynamite or be the main thing at a ppv but it's REAL good and it's an amazing blowoff to blood feuds since it can basically turn into anarachy in the arena battle royal.

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I think they should use that gauntlet match format much more often. I would like that even more than the Royal Rumble format.

oddjobs

Oct 27, 2017
Screenshot-2024-05-04-191303.png

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
I think AEW must be doing something right, because a lot of [REDACTED] fans are posting more and more stuff on social media crapping on AEW recently.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I'd imagine it's just because of the ratings recently and the two companies themselves sniping at each other.
And people like making fun of Tony and now he's slightly more of a storyline character.

I'm fairly down on AEW right now, waiting for a streaming deal that might ease up on these monthly ppv costs and Kenny and mjf returning.

Last edited:

Violence Jack

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 25, 2017
And people like making fun of Tony and now he's slightly more of a storyline character.

I'm fairly down on AEW right now, waiting for a streaming deal that might ease up on these monthly ppv costs and Kenny and mjf returning.

If you're not doing this already:

1. Download a VPN
2. Turn it on and set it to a location in the UK
3. Purchase the PPV at a discounted rate
5. Turn off the VPN
4. Profit/Enjoy

OakTree

Apr 5, 2024
I'm a mark for the Royal Rampage or Rampage Rumble, whatever they were calling it. Having a huge 2 ring Rumble on Rampage to take advantage of the Blood and Guts 2 ring setup. And the winner earned a title shot. Just a unique visual and match full of chaos.
By far the best so far. Some obvious timing kinks to iron out, but overall just a great match.

WowCoolRobot

Aug 15, 2021
Royal Rampage was indeed an excellent match format, thank you all for the reminder. Can't believe it slipped my mind.

Do you think we'll get a Blood & Guts show this year, or no?

SinkFla

Oct 26, 2017
Pensacola, Fl
Going through Revolution slowly while I work back the last coupl PPVs. Try to break up my wall of text lol

-Sting?! Like...the same sting?
-Hey it's that Cage guy! I'm here for the heels. I want to understand the mask guy with him. I want to know this families lore.
-HOLY FUCK that back crack over the ropes he did on Garcia. That looked fucking insane.
-A heel doing a good job drawing out the length of a match goes a lot farther with me than the grapple/struggle type of drawn out.
-I like Cage and his acting and stuff but sometimes his wrestling seems rough? Like some moves in this match almost seemed failed or like lesser attempts like the first idea had to be abandoned?
-Is....is this mask guy Austin from Big Brother? I am oddly feeling he reminds me of him and remember him being a wrestler? (hair, build and tats all seem similar from memory)
-I love how terrible Cage looks by the end of this match. His entire presence is gone by the end.
-Danielson so early in the show? Surprising to me after seeing his Ospreay fight and knowing how loved he is.
-Wait, Eddie, I remember him coming up in some Punk or MJF lore I watched lol
-I am so confused on what this match is now. I took Eddie as a joke kind of from memory, but he's holding 3 belts? Wut
-Is this one of those like comeback matches for a guy to just blow through Eddie? lol
-Dude looks like your drunk uncle that pulls you in the back yard and yells "you ain't that tough!"
-Hahaha there's a point where it looks like Brian is going to try to put some leg grab on Eddie and he gives up in frustration and just starts kicking him. Lmao Art.
-Ok, gonna just say it. Crowd goes too easily to "This is awesome" and "Holy shit" this match is NOT worthy, at least so far lol Ok it died real fast.
-Eddie for sure can take a beating though
-This match is definitely not for me. Eddie's whole thing seems to be the taking a beating side, and Danielson's style just continues to be bleh to me.
-This like an elder wrestler getting some due respect or something?

I'm late to the party here but wanted to say I feel you in regards to Kingston lol. Absolutely love him on the mic... Not so much in the ring lol. I can't help but laugh and ask "but why tho?" any time he throws an opponent in the corner and slaps his own chest with one hand and the opponents chest with his other. It's like punching a dude with one hand and then punching your own face with the other for me lol.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Aztec warfare!

It's Royal rumble rules (last man standing, timed entry) but it's pinfall or submission in the ring only. So you get people leaving the ring to be out of the elimination zone and you beat the shit out of them and drag their body back in the ring to pin them.

It needs to be like half an episode of dynamite or be the main thing at a ppv but it's REAL good and it's an amazing blowoff to blood feuds since it can basically turn into anarachy in the arena battle royal.

Should be a once-a-year themed Dynamite (like Blood & Guts) with men's and women's matches. Or TK can create another PPV for it lol.

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
Doubtful. Tony probably thinks they're doing Mania in Vegas a month before just to fuck with him too. He isn't going to want to blink
I wondered this too, I remember Wrestling Observer Newsletter and others last year reporting that WWE was adding clauses in the contracts with venues that they book to say they can't hold a similar wrestling event for a certain period of time before/after? Guess it would depend what other venues are used that weekend.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter reports that WWE has been adding clauses to its deals with event venues that would affect AEW running in the same building. According to the report, the clause prevents the venue from holding an AEW event a set number of weeks before or after a WWE show. Not only that, but AEW and the venue would not be allowed to announce a show or sell tickets until after the WWE show has happened.

Last edited:

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
It's Sunday. You know what that means. ❤️🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

TableManners

Jan 9, 2024
Eddie Kingston's progression in his career, as a character and his fitness over the last couple years has been one of the best things about AEW. Inspiring stuff. Mad King forever.

Fitts

You know what that means
Oct 25, 2017
Eddie Kingston's progression in his career, as a character and his fitness over the last couple years has been one of the best things about AEW. Inspiring stuff. Mad King forever.

Heck yeah! Also his openness to share his mental health journey. 💪

Eddie is unapologetically himself and it's badass af.

Oct 27, 2017
I wondered this too, I remember Wrestling Observer Newsletter and others last year reporting that WWE was adding clauses in the contracts with venues that they book to say they can't hold a similar wrestling event for a certain period of time before/after? Guess it would depend what other venues are used that weekend.
I really don't understand how shit like that can be legal

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I prefer The Learning Tree to the best friends stuff or Cope Open.

But that's also where I'm at with AEW.