• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I thought it was a good show, overall. When it was over, I felt satisfied, if not elated.

• Hangman/Danielson flew by and was an absolutely outstanding match. From a pure wrestling perspective, this might be my favorite match of the year. It was just brutal and you felt like the unstoppable force had met the immovable object. I'm okay with the draw but understand if people don't like it. We'll have to wait to see how it plays into the longer-term booking.
  • Shida/Deeb should've been the last match and maybe had some sort of stipulation, as others have mentioned. That being said, I thought it was a good match that didn't quite eclipse their second one. Deeb showed a lot of creativity (as usual) with her holds and both women were hitting really hard. Finish was okay but would've like to see something cleaner than the turnbuckle into a roll-up. This didn't really land as an end to the feud, so I wonder if there will be any follow-up.
  • MJF/Martin was a good showcase for Martin's athleticism but I wouldn't say it was a great match. I think it's good to continue to get Dante this type of exposure so he can grow. Flat finish, though.
  • Didn't notice Punk's shirt at first so credit to people on this board for mentioning it.
  • Missed most of the promos as I was watching it with a group that talked over them, so I'll have to go back and revisit those.
  • Ending with Punk/Sting/Darby/FTR/MJF was whatever. Fine. I like trios matches so I'm looking forward to it.

Side note - it'd be nice if they could post an uninterrupted version of Hangman/Danielson on YouTube. The commercials didn't ruin it for me in the slightest but having four breaks was a lot.

Princess Bubblegum

I'll be the one who puts you in the ground.
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
A Cavern Shaped Like Home
Finished watching it an hour ago or so and I'm still exhausted.

Hangman vs Bryan is a 5 star match in my book, though I'm iffy on the time draw. Bryan time drawed with Kenny so this didn't come out of nowhere. I don't know why Bryan is being booked as such a beast other than TK being a big fan. I am worried where this goes. Depending on how much rest/recovery time Kenny needs, I'm thinking triple threat at Revolution. They've laid the foundation for it, even if I'm not big on the idea. How do you stall the storyline until then?

Wardlow vs Sydal could have been a real match, but they needed a piss break match. I do find Shawn Spears entertaining and more build up until Wardlow snaps.

Shida vs Deebs let me down just as their other two matches did. They didn't have a lot of time to work with and the obligatory commercial break close to the start did not help. Shida used to be my fave in the women's division, but I've cooled on her a lot since she lost the belt. Everytime it seems like she is going to let loose and tear a woman in half, she never follows through. Might be on the booking and not her, though.

MJF vs Dante was another disappointment. I'm big on Dante Martin, but they are pushing him too hard for how green he is. MJF is good but not experienced enough to cover up Dante's botches. I'm assuming the big two were mostly on Dante.

A very lopsided show for me.

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
(I don't think Hangman is as good as everybody else seems to, I think he's a perfectly fine mid-carder who was taken to a great match by the best in the world.)

thuway

Oct 27, 2017
(I don't think Hangman is as good as everybody else seems to, I think he's a perfectly fine mid-carder who was taken to a great match by the best in the world.)
I 100% agree, and I didn't want to say it. Hangman has had some awesome moments, but in comparison to Kenny / Bryan / Moxley - he just isn't as strong a performer.

Kurita

Oct 26, 2017
La France
Really wanted my boy Hangman to have at least one or two actual, clean defenses before doing an angle like this. Pretty disappointed by the ending to an otherwise fun match.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Punk and bryan are gonna be pretty big scalps for whoever finally beats either of them. Would not be suprised if mjf beats punk, bryan who knows at this point.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
I think Hangman beats Danielson at Battle of the Belts. They need a main event for that show, and trying to set up another program for Hangman for that show would have probably felt rushed and weird, especially during the holiday season. Just give them a 20-minute banger with both guys trying to work faster so it makes sense that the match doesn't go 60 minutes again.

...or put this feud on the backburner? As weird as that might feel.

It's clear the original plan was for Moxley to win the tournament and to lose to Hangman last night. I wonder if they're protecting Danielson's record for a reason we don't know, or if this was just a way of extending the feud to create a must-watch scenario for Battle of the Belts.

Gonna be interesting to see how everything plays out.

Last edited:

Sheldon

Oct 27, 2017
Ruhrgebiet, Germany

ClassAndFear

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe. But he's incredibly over and has been in classic marches. His current spot makes perfect sense.
Oh yeah, he deserves the spot. Upper mid card, the story makes sense, they should be champ! The people love him. But I think he's been taken to those classic matches, not taken others there. I don't even mean it as a slight, not everybody can—or should—make a case for being the best in the world.

Sinatar

Oct 25, 2017
Really wanted my boy Hangman to have at least one or two actual, clean defenses before doing an angle like this. Pretty disappointed by the ending to an otherwise fun match.

Hangman's entire character is that he's the perpetual underdog. If you are expecting dominant performances out of him you're going to be disappointed a lot. They want him to overcome an unstoppable force in Danielson, so to build that they either had to do the draw or have Danielson win and have Page get it back in a rematch. They opted for the draw.