Kylo Rey

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
I think that Avengers 4 will be the "final" marvel movie for a great amount of people.
Even if Spiderman Homecoming 2 or Dr Strange 2 or GOTG3 or Thor 4 are coming...i don't think this gonna work.
Maybe Black Panther 2 but...

I feel like geeks and comics community are loving it so much that after Avengers 4 it will be like Naruto Shippuden, or One Piece Shinsekai...
"I'm tired of Marvel"

So, your point of view?

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Honestly, yeah. Just keep making genre films with heroes in them so that each film continues to feel fresh (like what they're doing with Spider-Man, Guardians, Thor: Ragnarök, & now Black Panther).

In short, as long as the films continue to be good, people will show up.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Considering that most heroes are probably not getting out alive, a renovation should be in place to make it fresh

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Why wouldn't it? They jsut dropped their biggest solo movie ever

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure fatigue will kick in eventually, as to when I'm not sure. I already expected it to have happened already but I've been proven soundly wrong on that time and again.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I know it will be the end for me. I cannot be arsed to go round again. I want a definitive ending for these characters, or what's the point? It's not a soap opera. There has to be an end point eventually, like with Harry Potter. Or Lord of the Rings. The ending is the best bit.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
10 years in and they just dropped a movie that's about to spend 5 weeks as the biggest in the world and has legit Oscar buzz surrounding it.

They'll be just fine.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think it depends heavily on how well they pull off Carol. A new team of Captain Marvel, Doc Strange, Black Panther, And Man and Wasp (Probably a few others) has potential, but I have a hard time imagining it being as iconic as the OG's.

Certinfy

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Of course. People might care a lot less but most will still go and see these movies.

These movies do so well anyway that they could even lose a large chunk of their audience and still make a healthy profit.

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I am surprised people still think MCU is gonna fail sometime. It's been proven over and over before, that MCU movies are a phenomenon that's not stopping anytime soon.
On the contrary, records are still being broken every few years. Don't worry about the MCU post Avengers 4, we'll probably look forward to Avengers 5/New Avengers.

Oct 27, 2017
I think that Avengers 4 will be the "final" marvel movie for a great amount of people.
Even if Spiderman Homecoming 2 or Dr Strange 2 or GOTG3 or Thor 4 are coming...i don't think this gonna work.

I feel like geeks and comics community are loving it so much that after Avengers 4 it will be like Naruto Shippuden, or One Piece Shinsekai...
"I'm tired of Marvel"

So, your point of view?

I have no idea what you're talking about? Shippuden wasn't as popular because it was a noticeable drop in quality and I have no idea what Shinsekai is, but One Piece is as popular as ever. If they keep making good movies people will keep watching them

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
They'll probably kill off Iron Man, Thor and Captain America.

Then have "young" heroes take their place.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you really think once Feige gets the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom that shit's gonna slow down?

they got another 10 years building up Doom as a big bad just like Thanos

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
There was an idea, Disney knows this, called the Mutants Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable and beloved characters, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to be in the good movies Fox could never make.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
What i predict is, no character with 3 movies under their belt will get any individual movies anymore, so they will probably move to Thor Ragnarok styled mini team ups.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I know it will be the end for me. I cannot be arsed to go round again. I want a definitive ending for these characters, or what's the point? It's not a soap opera. There has to be an end point eventually, like with Harry Potter. Or Lord of the Rings. The ending is the best bit.
Don't forget that a number of characters still need to finish out their trilogies.
  • The Guardians of the Galaxy only have 2 movies so far (with a third confirmed to be on the way).
  • Black Panther only has 1 movie so far (with another confirmed to be on the way).
  • Spider-Man only has 1 movie so far (with another one coming in 2019).
  • Doctor Strange only has 1 movie so far.
  • Ant-Man only has 1 movie so far (2 after July).
  • Captain Marvel only has 1 movie in the pipeline so far.
You expect Marvel Studios to just up & drop these franchises when they still have stories to tell. They've clearly been set up to be the future of the MCU, with Guardians Vol. 3 likely being the jumping-off point for a number of other Cosmic-MCU films that'll likely come after it. Not to mention that Feige's about to get his hands on the X-Men & the Fantastic Four once that Fox deal goes through.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017

"I'm tired of Marvel"

So, your point of view?

People have been saying this since avengers. If marvel keeps making good movies I'll be there.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
I do think there's a (slim) chance of a general disinterest after the Thanos storyline is done.

But getting the X-Men back could remedy that easily.
The MCU will need a strong second arc, that could be it. That or Doctor Doom. Or both.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There was an idea, Disney knows this, called the Mutants Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable and beloved characters, see if they could become something more. See if they could work together when we needed them to be in the good movies Fox could never make.
Bingo.

When everything becomes official, Disney's about to push the X-Men in everything like it's the 90s all over again.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Avengers 4 is gonna be it for me personally. Wouldn't mind seeing BP2 in the cinemas but the rest i'll catch on a streaming service somewhere..

itwasTuesday

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
People always say this.
"I'm tired of Marvel"
And their like
Ldw7rIH.gif

And I'm like
uieCYWh.gif

*Then new Marvel*
And were all like
kieNBZs.gif

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
As long as they keep the quality up and make tweaks as needed they have quite some time left in the tank. Westerns were able to have a solid 30+ year long run before falling off a cliff, and that was with tons of competition in the genre, so I think Marvel could make it to 20 before fatigue sets in.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
You bet it will continue to work. The whole infinity gems thing was not essential to the success of the movies. It's barely a mcguffin on most movies and Thanos has little to no presence in the whole movies so far.

Neoxon

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
What i predict is, no character with 3 movies under their belt will get any individual movies anymore, so they will probably move to Thor Ragnarok styled mini team ups.
But at the same time, Thor: Rangarök was so different from the previous two films that I could see Marvel Studios doing another one after how well it did.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
*looks at Black Panther and Thor 3*

Yeah, i think its all over. People were only going because of Thanos.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Black Panther is their Iron Man now, to say nothing of when they eventually get X-Men and Fantastic Four.

It's perfectly viable but it depends on how Marvel manages the landing.

It seems likely a lot of the older characters, mainly Cap, Tony, Thor, will be retired. It's natural that they'll make Tom Holland the new face of the MCU as Spider-Man. They'll have one shot to really sell a bunch of younger-feeling and fresh properties for the next MCU cycle.

This would be the perfect moment to launch The Fantastic Four in the MCU. If done right, at last, the FF can be as iconic as Captain America and Iron Man. They have a lighter, familial feel that would compliment a young Spider-Man extremely well. (Peter will still be looking for mentors if Tony Stark is gone.) Doom can seamlessly take over from Loki as the leading MCU villain.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hell no. It may or may not be the end for Tony or Cap or Thor.

But Peter, T'Challa, Carol and Strange are just getting started! And they're about to be joined by whoever comes neXt. :)

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
We won't know until they start having to recast or remove some of the major characters.

Like others said, they'll get the X-men soon and Spider-Man always does well.

On the other hand, money talks and if they know they can easily make $1 billion or more and they just have to pay RDJ like $100 million, the math probably still works out. I can't imagine how difficult it is to walk away from that kind of money. Kinda how I think if they REALLY wanted Hugh Jackman, they'll make it happen.

Scubamonk

Oct 30, 2017
I don't really buy into the concept that any significant amount of people are going to be "done" with Marvel after Avengers 4. In fact, I don't think I know a single person that has been watching these movies up til now to see what happens with Thanos/infinity stones.