Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
It'll still work, just not in the exact same way as the last 10 years. I'm pretty sure Feige has already stated they are moving away from Phases will try some different sort of approach.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly believe the MCU is going to grow even bigger and show audiences characters and worlds that have been hidden in the obscure world of superhero comics for so long

When I was a kid reading Wizard Magazine, I used to dream about being where we are now; knowing I'd be 24! by the time the Avengers finally get together in a team film. I'm 30 now and Black Panther is one of the biggest superhero in the world. I was obsessed with Marvel as a kid; they have so many character the world will fall in love with, it's insane.

The MCU, like Wakanda, is forever
They got the Aunties and Grandmas to step in, now they going to work to keep them

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
Let me breakdown what's going to happen.

Thanos is going to destroy almost everything. The only survivors at the end are going to be the Hulk and the surprise cameo of the film, Huge Jackedman as Wolverine.

We get a true Old Man Logan film.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
I think that Avengers 4 will be the "final" marvel movie for a great amount of people.
Even if Spiderman Homecoming 2 or Dr Strange 2 or GOTG3 or Thor 4 are coming...i don't think this gonna work.
Maybe Black Panther 2 but...

I feel like geeks and comics community are loving it so much that after Avengers 4 it will be like Naruto Shippuden, or One Piece Shinsekai...
"I'm tired of Marvel"

So, your point of view?

I don't think anyone got tired of Naruto, it's that the story got real bad.

If they can keep the writing on par with where it's been in phase 2, there's no reason why it wouldn't work.

That being said, Captain Marvel makes me NERVOUS.

enigmatic_alex44

GAGA IS A FLOP
Oct 25, 2017
You tried it.
They need to finally do justice to Storm on screen, have her lead the X-Men in Phase 4.

Plus good luck finding a Wolverine half as good as Hugh Jackman. He'll be harder to replace than RDJ.

Galactus should be the next big villain. Ugh, watch it just be Doom...

Deleted member 3897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have personally never seen a single Marvel superhero movie in cinema ever and I have never been as hyped for a movie in my life as IW.

Oct 31, 2017
They got the Aunties and Grandmas to step in, now they going to work to keep them

I'm really questioning if they'll be able to capture the cultural zeitgeist with another singular IP like they did with Black Panther. Even Ant-Man can enjoy the MCU treatment, sure; but Black Panther was a very special case to be able to get them Grandma/Auntie teams in the theaters.

Beside Black Panther 2, Black Panther 3 and World of Wakanda- Actually a black/brown woman superhero would probably hit the same vein. Marvel's Storm would be large

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think anyone got tired of Naruto, it's that the story got real bad.

If they can keep the writing on par with where it's been in phase 2, there's no reason why it wouldn't work.

That being said, Captain Marvel makes me NERVOUS.
I agree, just the timeline of that movie alone is a little iffy, plus with the recasting...

Then again, they were able to take the husk of Edgar Wright's Ant-Man and turn it into a good movie, so maybe I shouldn't be worried.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
It will keep going. Given the assumed "Everyone gets three movies, not including crossovers" rule, We're looking at Phase 4 being the final chapters for the Guardians of the Galaxy and Ant Man, with Black Panther, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man and Dr. Strange to fill it out. That may seem like a slow-down, but there's definitely gas in the tanks.

Then, during Phase 5, which would see the final movies for Spider-Man, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, and Captain Marvel we'll also see Fantastic Four and X-Men show up, since that's when the Fox deal will be finalized with enough time passing afterwards to plan. That will be a massive shot in the arm for the MCU.

Phase 6 will likely see new successors step up for the mantles of characters whose stories ended in Phase 3. A new Captain America, Iron Man, etc. Once again, this should build the hype cycles up again.

So there's at least another 10-15 years to go on, and at that point, they're basically at escape velocity.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
To me, what I'd like to see:
Next arc to build up Doom/F4 along with Dr. Strange and BP (all that combination of Royalty, Magic, and Science). Maybe have a mini arc of Annihilation to do some Cosmic stuff (Nova Prime).
Lead into the next arc: Secret Wars. Characters not really around for Secret Wars? Tony, Cap and Thor (Odinson). Events of this lead into an explainable reason for new actors playing those roles going forward.

Obviously intermix some X-Men stuff. Just wonder if they'll attempt any retreads of Fox's X-Men stuff (DOFP, Dark Phoenix).

Wondering now if Marvel would recast whatever X-Men they'd use, or go with the oncoming young cast in these most recent Fox movies.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care for the continuity and I'm not invested in the hero's, but I do like the nonsensical action and special effects, so I keep watching these when I get the time. They're throwaway movies, watch once, and forget it as soon as I leave the theater, but they work as good experiences at the cinema. Like Fast Furious movies, they'll keep on going for the above reasons for me.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I am glad Feige has a chance to do another ten years do work his magic. He's young and only just now got total control + Spidey, the X-Men and the F4 mythos.

CodeRich

Alt-Account.
Banned
Mar 3, 2018
Is Kevin Feige the goat movie producer of the 21st century

for envisioning the concept of the MCU?

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
I'm a fan and it's only about 3 movies a year. I've gone to see movies like Fantastic Four and Ghost Rider in theaters, I doubt Marvel is gonna start pumping out terrible films like those.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's either a universe reset happening or people are dying. But the movies are so good right now it's hard to see them die out.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
I hope I'm still around in ten years to be laughing at the people predicting the Ka-Zar movie will flop.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It'll continue to be popular but I worry it'll feel less exciting because there's no grand buildup to a confrontation like with Thanos.

I also wonder what happens when they run out of stories from comics to crib from.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
I also wonder what happens when they run out of stories from comics to crib from.

The comics have been going since 1961 (or 1939 if you count the old Timely Heroes - Cap, Namor, OG Human Torch.) If they stopped publishing new comics tomorrow, it would still be decades before they ran out of stories to crib from.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
It's gonna be more like a changing of the guard, the focus will just be on other tentpole heroes (Spidey, Black Panther, Captain Marvel). With the success of Black Panther and likely the next Avengers these movies are going nowhere.

Deleted member 4614

Oct 25, 2017
Magneto
Doom
Apocalypse
Galactus

I mean to a comics insider these may all seem exciting and different, but they all seem very similar to me. Especially Apocalypse and Thanos.

Big evil guy wants to take over the world can only happen so many times.

Maxina

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Personally, I won't watch anymore superhero movies after Avengers 4 next year. I'm just getting to the point, where super hero movies aren't getting me as excited as 4-5 years ago. I want to see more fantasy movies, like Harry Potter, or LoTR. Unfortunately, Hollywood goes where the money is, and they will just milk whatever is currently popular.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The comics have been going since 1961 (or 1939 if you count the old Timely Heroes - Cap, Namor, OG Human Torch.) If they stopped publishing new comics tomorrow, it would still be decades before they ran out of stories to crib from.

I guess so, it just seems that all the well known, popular stories have been adapted to some degree and it'll get harder going forward.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
They can't close shop before releasing a Hickman penned Hyperion movie. The world needs a good Superman movie.

MasterYoshi

Oct 27, 2017
Gotta make Spiderman into a leader role. I'm no comic buff but the MCU Peter Parker, Tom Holland, is probably my favorite thing they've done since Chris Evans portraying Captain America.

vegtro

Oct 25, 2017
Have a feeling one (if trilogy) of the Black Panther movies is going to introduce Namor.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
I guess so, it just seems that all the well known, popular stories have been adapted to some degree and it'll get harder going forward.

We haven't seen a single good adaptation of FF or Xmen yet.

We haven't seen the Kree-Skrull war yet. We haven't seen Kang, or the Savage Land, or Galactus, or I could go on and on.

As long as Feige is running the show and maintaining quality, content isn't a problem.

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
I mean to a comics insider these may all seem exciting and different, but they all seem very similar to me. Especially Apocalypse and Thanos.

Big evil guy wants to take over the world can only happen so many times.

I dunno

More Solo Movies
Introduce Xmen in their own mcu movie?
Avenger vs x-men? (X-Men are the big badbut not really??)
Fantastic 4 MCU (Doom is big bad)
How about civil war 2 ( I know the comic werent that great but you can better it ) all the characters fight each other again
Inhumans big screen reboot after reintroduction in Civil War 2
SoloMovies

Forward plan (start to use more characters not used yet, Shang Chi etc)

Spiderman vs Sinister Six

How about we then in 5-10yrs from now finish the tv stuff and finally have them on the big screen?

Ghost Rider
Blade
Spiderman vs kingpin?
Daredevil vs Elektra and the hand (or in that timeframe from now would be willing to see bullseye on the bigscreen again?)
Spiderman ( introduce punisher)
Punisher movie
Deadpool & The Xforce (or Deadpool corps)
Spiderman vs Venom (disney buy the full rights finally in 2028)
Runaways bigscreen debut
Legion big screen debut
Luke cage/Iron Fist Big Screen reboot
Jessica Jones Movie

And then after 2-3 movies of the above

Marvel 2099 and all trilogies there

And then post apocalypse Marvel vs Zombies (it is now 2038 in our time, everyone will be willing to see zombies again)

Im sure someone can come up with a better plan though

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
537ba8e5a36c4.jpg

"Do not let your idle tongue undo your small successes"

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I was all for ending this shared MCU after Avengers 4 but now with X-Men, Spider Man and Fantastic Four onboard it might be cool to see them interact and share some adventures together...although this is nothing more then a comic book brought to life and I'm surprised that mainstream audiences have warmed up to these movies so much

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just imagine how much money they are going to make once we get actual cool villains like Doom and Galactus.

doctor-doom.jpeg

5dcOGqW.jpg

Deleted member 9207

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You think Avengers 4 is an ending.

For me it's this years biggest Marvel movie. I'm not ready to get off this train.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I don't see where the whole 'everyone's going to DIE in Infinity War' thing is coming from. You don't just shelve huge money makers like Iron Man and Captain America. They'll probably use the opportunity to give a few characters a rest whilst they shift focus to the newer people like Black Panther, Captain Marvel, the X-Men, Fantastic Four, etc for a few years, then come back with re-cast actors when it's time to let that lot have a break. The cycle never ends.

Deleted member 2145

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

didn't stop them from making Iron Man a top tier character

didn't stop them from making the fucking Guardians of the Galaxy a thing

popularity ain't got nothing to do with it