Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
I think the worst line in Return of the King is the cheesy "I am no man" line.

The delivery could been better, but again, compared to the source material:

"Hinder me? Thou fool. No living man may hinder me!"

Then Merry heard in all sounds of the hour the strangest. It seemed that Dernhelm laughed, and the clear voice was like the ring of steel.

"But no living man am I! You are looking upon a woman. Eowyn am I, Eomund's daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him."

Openrob

Nov 5, 2017
Then I need a declaration from the King stating Gimli and Legolas also do not have to bow to anyone!

I mean it goes with out saying, but for me the idea seems to be that there are these incredibly lowly, humble beings that never seek, nor expected honour, yet it's being given to them in the highest.

And tbf Gimli and Legolas are already well respected.

Last edited:

Rookhelm

Oct 27, 2017
it's probably my favorite moment of the entire trilogy. It's a perfect cap to the Hobbits' story. Selfless Heroes from humble beginnings.

Makes me tear up errtiem

Anoregon

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought it was cool how, once he becomes king, Aragorn basically makes it permanent law that The Shire is exclusively protected land and no Men are even allowed to enter it (unless, I assume, with Hobbit approval).

Essentially saying that the entire race has earned the right to live in peace and prosperity without intervention forever. He's a good lad that Strider.

Bradbury

Oct 28, 2017
is it corny? Yes. It doesn´t make it bad. Genre movies have to embrace the corny and the cheese. Gimme all those cheese corn

TheLucasLite

Aug 27, 2018
Better to embrace the sincerity and weather some people thinking it's "corny" than to be ashamed and try to mask it behind irony or some other nonsense.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Howard Shorea soundtracks on these films are truly some of the best tracks ever heard in film. The amount of emotion just from hearing the courage of hobbits theme kick in is remarkable. The song alone makes me get teary eyed.

Lackless

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Mary and Pippin deserve that level of respect because they volunteered to join the fellowship when they weren't trained warriors. That makes the hobbits in the fellowship braver than anyone else.

ArkkAngel007

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I found it to be one of the better scenes of a film that I found to be a bit corny and light-hearted in it's presentation throughout (at least when compared to the Two Towers).

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
The trilogy was filmed all at once.
Technically no...a lot of scenes were shot between the movies with reshoots and added or changed scenes. You can somewhat tell what scenes are reshoots as the actors look a bit different from scene to scene. Viggo especially.