• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Most anticipated game for the second half of 2019?

• Borderlands 3

Votes: 110 5.9%
  • Death Stranding

Votes: 742 39.7%
  • Doom Eternal

Votes: 247 13.2%
  • Gears 5

Votes: 62 3.3%
  • Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Votes: 139 7.4%
  • Pokemon Sword and Shield

Votes: 179 9.6%
  • Other

Votes: 389 20.8%

• Total voters

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
If I had to pick one, probably Control.

I'm most curious about Death Stranding, but I'm usually conflicted about Kojima stuff. I expect to find some stuff I really like and some stuff to hate about it.

Also interested in:
Borderlands 3
Concrete Genie
Luigi's Mansion 3
The Outer Worlds
Star Wars: Jedi: Fallen Order
Wolfenstein: Youngblood

SlimeKnight

Jan 2, 2018
Since Animal Crossing got delayed, going to have to say Astral Chain and Link's Awakening. Luigi's Mansion 3 could be great as well. Nothing on PS4 or PC (that isn't Epic Exclusive until 2020 that is) really interests me for the rest of the year. It's all Nintendo for me this time.

Nov 8, 2017
It's so obviously Doom Eternal. Everything shown off about that game is fifteen-out-of-ten. All other games should cancel themselves in sheer embaressment that they aren't Doom Eternal.

Timexy

Oct 30, 2017
In no specific order...
Oninaki
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox (but I know I'm not playing it this year)
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel III
Halo: The Master Chief Collection on PC

Akumatica

Oct 25, 2017
I clicked Death Stranding, but these equal it in anticipation for me- Astral Chain, Dragon Quest XI S, Zelda: Link's Awakening, Shenmue 3 & Luigi's Mansion 3.

TheClaw7667

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so excited for DOOM Eternal that I bought the collector's edition. Last time I did that was Halo 3. I guess I have something for helmets.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
I'm not sure between Death Stranding, Luigi's Mansion 3 and Borderlands 3. Pretty good fall/holiday for me.

Byakura

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My gut says Fire Emblem Three Houses, also excited for Death Stranding, Pokemon, and Zelda Link's Awakening

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Pokémon still tops my list. Other than that,

Fire Emblem Three Houses
Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order
Borderlands 3
Astral Chain
DQ Builders 2
Marvel UA3
Doom Eternal
Final Fantasy VIII

Oct 25, 2017
Still Fire Emblem by a long shot. It was one of the least exciting things to see in the Direct because my mind was made up so long ago. FE is top-priority Nintendo for me, and Super Mario Maker 2 (which counts as first half, just barely) is the only reason it wasn't my most anticipated game for all of 2019 overall. The two are far too close together for comfort, and I am actually paring down my purchases as far as I reasonably can in order to make room for them.

Today's showings cemented that I'll be picking up Link's Awakening, Luigi's Mansion, and probably Astral Chain. On the PC front, I've already been in Early Access for ages for important 1.0 releases on the horizon like Oxygen Not Included, so the major event will be Warcraft III Reforged.

Borderlands 3 can wait a few years to be DLC-complete and on Steam. Pokémon is always filed under "if I find the time" (which hasn't been the case since B/W).

Zoidn

Dec 23, 2018
The next DLC for Total War: Warhammer 2. At least I'm seriously hoping that it comes this year, it better!

KillLaCam

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Seoul
Still Death Stranding. Everything else im excited for comes out early 2020. Im kinda glad, it gives more time to wait on getting a new pc. I was originally gonna upgrade in September but now I'll wait until like March and get even more power

DangerMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Top:
Death Stranding
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Astral Chain
Trails of Cold Steel III

Then:
Control, Star Wars: Fallen Order, Shenmue III, Daemon X Machina

Extra:
Not sure it's even at E3, but since it's unlikely to be mentioned, AI: The Somnium Files
Super Neptunia RPG and Bloodstained this month.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018
Luigi's Mansion 3, followed by Doom: Eternal and Death Stranding. I'm also extremely excited for Control, despite having never played a Remedy game before.

Nov 8, 2017
I don't think I have one this year. I want to play a lot of games this year, but nothing I'm really dying to play.

Marvie

Oct 25, 2017
Was Animal Crossing before the delay but now it's Borderlands 3/Dragon Quest XI

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Borderlands 3
Pokemon
Death stranding

in that order

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Astral Chain and Pokémon
Astral Chain looks amazing, but going back to a real pokemon game is the reason I bought the console

Cascadero

Nov 8, 2017
Borderlands 3. Not really feeling Death Stranding from what I have seen so far. Second half of the year is a bit underwhelming, but H1 of 2020 looks set to be huge.

Adder7806

Dec 16, 2018
Borderlands 3 is about the only game I'm looking forward to right now. Will probably pick up the Destiny expansion at some point. Don't know when it's coming but that Darksiders game is intriguing.

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
SMM2, Astral Chain, MUA3, FETH, Link!, LM3, Pokemon! I think Switch has me covered for the rest of the year! Putting my PS4 to rest, I may be selling it this year since I don't play it that much...