Do you already have a Switch? Do you plan to buy the OLED version?

• I don't have a Switch and don't plan to buy the new model

Votes: 616 11.8%
  • I don't have a Switch and will buy the new OLED model

Votes: 84 1.6%
  • I already have a Switch and will not buy the new model

Votes: 3,837 73.8%
  • I already have a Switch and I'm going to upgrade to the OLED model

Votes: 665 12.8%

• Total voters

Vitet

Oct 31, 2017
Valencia, Spain
So, I wanted to post this poll to see how you all are going to proceed with this announcement.
I already have a launch Switch and it works well. Joycons has some drifts but I have a Pro Controller and a pair of Binbok joycons. With this revision, I don't see much of a benefit to buy it besides the LAN connection, but I have my Switch near my router and the download speeds are not that bad.

But, If my Switch somehow breaks or to recommend someone to buy a Switch, this model would be my choice of course. So Era, do you already have a Switch? If so, do you plan to upgrade it? And if not, does this new model encourages you to buy it?

New additions from the original model:

- New OLED 7" screen
- Ethernet dock port
- Better wider stand
- 64GB ROM
- Enhanced audio speakers

IDontBeatGames

ThreadMarksman
Oct 29, 2017
New York
giphy.gif

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I can easily pre-order order one, I will purchase it.

Which means I probably won't be purchasing it. After barely securing a PS5 earlier this year, I'm done stressing out over obtaining new hardware.

Servbot24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have a Switch. Before the announcement I was fully planning to upgrade. After the announcement I have no intention of upgrading.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Already have a Switch. I'm not about to pay $350 for some deeper blacks and better colors.

I play mostly docked anyway.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
Day 1 Switch, it has left the dock exactly 1 time in that timeframe. No, no I am not buying it. I do think it looks nice in white though. I was day 1 on any kind of pro though.

Deleted member 5491

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I mostly play at home so I don't benefit from it.
Ne need for the hassle with buying the new version, getting all my games and my account
on the new console and then seeling my OG Switch

The Deleter

Sep 22, 2019
No, because it's not worth the trouble when I already have a switch that can do everything it can already. 4K UI, menus, or indie games were the only reason to upgrade, but that's gone now sooooo

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
I have a day 1 switch

Absolutely no plan to "upgrade" to this model

Best case scenario, I get this for my gf and hack my day 1 switch

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
I play my Switch exclusively in handheld/portable mode and the biggest feature I wanted out of the "New Nintendo Switch" was a bigger screen with smaller bezels, so I'm upgrading. The improved speakers and sturdier stand are also welcome.

Teejay

Oct 27, 2017
On release day, most likely not. I'll hang on to my old day one switch until the rumored pro or at least a special edition of the oled if ever.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
i'm not gonna lie, the moment i see one IRL i'm probably gonna want one.

but until then, i'm absolutely not getting one no sir

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Same, can't say the OLED and LAN port don't seem interesting but it's too little for me since I buy mostly physical and play mostly docked and single player.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I have had two (OG and Lite) and ended up selling both. System just ain't for me.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I bailed on some Switch Lite deals in order to wait for this. Since it's now a bit underwhelming I'm hesitant on what I'll actually do…

Jul 28, 2020
Nintendo are the masters, the greatest trolls the world has ever seen.

I was going to sell my Switch, so I'm quite happy.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
100% will be buying it. My current switch's reliability is genuinely trash and has lived docked for going on 2 years now. I've been holding out replacing it until they released a new one. Since it looks like a screen upgrade is all we're really going to get here, I'm buying so I can play my switch portable again.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
No and I'm actually relieved, didn't wanted to buy something new for potential exclusives.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Not really what I wanted from a new Switch iteration, and I'd have happily paid more for improved performance/resolution/graphics on supported titles, but I don't own any Switch and have been holding out for one. Might as well get this one I suppose, since a true Pro is likely not going to be a thing until 2023 at the earliest imo.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I already have a Switch, so there's no reason for me to upgrade to this since I primarily use it for playing on my TV.

Citizen Rizer

Oct 27, 2017
If I mainly played it as a handheld I might be tempted, but it's almost always docked for me, so this update does nothing for me.

DarkSora

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Mostly played dock and have no issues with the screen in handheld mode so my wallet is safe for now.

Dec 2, 2017
I have a switch lite, and i sold my regular switch already to make sure i got decent value for switch OLED before the market was swamped with regular switch's.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
$350 for the privilege to stress about getting one due to scalpers, only to have some deeper colors and blurrier graphics.

Oh boy, sign me up.

Dec 23, 2017
Unless there is unknown info. Nintendo is king of crazy secretive not releasing all info. They haven't said anything about dock mode. It's possible we don't know everything. Based on what we DO know this model isn't for me and my family.

May 14, 2021
Nope. Been holding out for the Pro. If they made the actual portable version of the Switch nicer I would have bought a revised Lite.

Norris1020

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I have both a 2018 Switch and a Lite, will not buy this right now because I prefer the lite for handheld and regular for docked so there's no point.
However, if this is the final Switch model in its lifespan and full bc is somehow not part of plans for the successor then I will buy one at Switches end of life just for the fresh new internals.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
No, needs actual internal hardware upgrades for me to upgrade. I really don't care about a pentile OLED and Surface style stand.