Do you already have a Switch? Do you plan to buy the OLED version?

• I don't have a Switch and don't plan to buy the new model

Votes: 616 11.8%
  • I don't have a Switch and will buy the new OLED model

Votes: 84 1.6%
  • I already have a Switch and will not buy the new model

Votes: 3,837 73.8%
  • I already have a Switch and I'm going to upgrade to the OLED model

Votes: 665 12.8%

• Total voters

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
I don't intend to get one but my launch switch is in less then ideal condition so if it gets worse I may upgrade and finally hack the old one

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
After the disappointment of the announcement has worn off (no performance increase), I'm starting to consider upgrading my Animal Crossing Switch to this one.

I play my Switch 99% handheld (Ring Fit is about the only time I dock it), so a slightly larger, OLED screen would definitely be an improvement. And if I sell my Switch I'll only be losing $100 at most assuming I only get $250 for my Switch.

No joycon improvements sucks too, but I actually sent in my Neon Yellow pair to get repaired earlier this week and I'm already set to get a working pair back by tomorrow. It still sucks that they eventually drift, but if the repair process xonituea to be this speedy and free, then I can live with that.

DoctorChimp

Oct 6, 2020
Texas yall
I had a Switch originally and sold it because I was disappointed with the performance of even first party titles. I was hoping that this OLED model, at the very least, came with increased clocks but that doesn't seem to be the case. The vents in the back of the dock is interesting though.

Anyway, honestly I don't know if I'm going to buy it or what I'm going to do. I want to play games like Pokemon Arceus, Metroid Dread, some I missed out on like Luigi's Mansion 3. But damn...not a single improvement internally really threw me off.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
I'm kind of glad this is all they had planned, saves me from buying a new Switch since mine is mostly always docked.

It's quite clear Nintendo wants to promote Switch more so as a portable device, this and the Switch Lite only really caters to that. I expect a new Switch in 2023 with better hardware.

It's pretty sad but the reality that Nintendo is looking to make as much profits as they can. Remakes, even the new Metroid, all for full price. Not even a price drop for the original, they are printing money because they never took a loss since day one.

Akash

Oct 27, 2017
After the disappointment of the announcement has worn off (no performance increase), I'm starting to consider upgrading my Animal Crossing Switch to this one.

I play my Switch 99% handheld (Ring Fit is about the only time I dock it), so a slightly larger, OLED screen would definitely be an improvement. And if I sell my Switch I'll only be losing $100 at most assuming I only get $250 for my Switch.

No joycon improvements sucks too, but I actually sent in my Neon Yellow pair to get repaired earlier this week and I'm already set to get a working pair back by tomorrow. It still sucks that they eventually drift, but if the repair process xonituea to be this speedy and free, then I can live with that.

Also upgrading my AC switch.

Also only dock for Ringfit.

Also just sent in yellow joycon and getting them tomorrow.

Creepy.

Oct 26, 2017
I plan on giving my current one to one of my little sisters so that they can each have their own so I might as well

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Also upgrading my AC switch.

Also only dock for Ringfit.

Also just sent in yellow joycon and getting them tomorrow.

Creepy.
Haha, whoa.
wUkz8q4.mp4

ika

Oct 27, 2017
MAD, Spain
I play 95% of the time docked and the only online games I play (Tetris 99 and Mario Maker 2) don't need ethernet port or won't improve the game so even if I love the white Dock and Joy-cons, it's not enough to upgrade.

Wisker

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 24, 2018
I'm still on the fence about upgrading to the OLED switch. My current switch makes a loud grinding sound whenever the fan comes on and after about 30 - 40 mins of playing in handheld mode I'm at about 70% battery power, (friend told me the battery shouldn't be draining that fast).

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still on the fence about upgrading to the OLED switch. My current switch makes a loud grinding sound whenever the fan comes on and after about 30 - 40 mins of playing in handheld mode I'm at about 70% battery power, (friend told me the battery shouldn't be draining that fast).
Is it a launch Switch? That one has the worse battery. Between the the smaller battery and degradation from use, it wouldn't blow my mind for it to be dropping that fast at this point, depending on the game you're playing

Sonicfan1373

Nov 24, 2017
The better screen, speakers, and stand make it a decent upgrade for me for portable mode. So it is a yes for me.

But...for docked-only players...yeah...this doesn't add anything minus the LAN in the dock (and you can get the dock separately if you really want that and don't want to deal with USB dongles).

I am not gonna lie though, I really hoped a more powerful Switch was coming this year. I get there is a chip shortage and Nintendo probably did not want to announce something far too in advance at the risk of slowing current Switch sales...but still.

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Battery life sounds about right for gen1 Switch, as for fan, probably just needs a good cleaning.

Wisker

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 24, 2018
Is it a launch Switch? That one has the worse battery. Between the the smaller battery and degradation from use, it wouldn't blow my mind for it to be dropping that fast at this point, depending on the game you're playing
Battery life sounds about right for gen1 Switch, as for fan, probably just needs a good cleaning.

It's a gen 1 switch, I think at the time when I first noticed I was playing Fire Emblem: Three Houses. It may be better to just wait on a special edition version or bundle for the OLED Switch if I do decide to purchase one.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't going to get one immediately, but then I saw preorders were available and I ended up getting it anyway.