Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
A superior court in Connecticut granted a sweeping victory to the families of eight people killed in a 2012 mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn., suing the far-right broadcaster and conspiracy theorist Alex Jones and his Infowars media outlet for defamation.

The judge in Connecticut ruled on Monday that because Mr. Jones refused to turn over documents ordered by the courts, including financial records, he was guilty by default. The ruling combines with three previous rulings in Texas to grant the families of 10 Sandy Hook shooting victims four victories in four defamation lawsuits against Mr. Jones.

Mr. Jones for years spread bogus theories that the shooting that killed 20 first graders and six educators was a government-led plot to confiscate Americans' firearms and that the victims' families were "actors" in the scheme.

The Sandy Hook families maintain that Mr. Jones profited from spreading lies about their relatives' murders. Mr. Jones has disputed that, while for years failing to produce sufficient records to bolster his claims
www.nytimes.com

Alex Jones Loses by Default in Remaining Sandy Hook Defamation Suits (Published 2021)

A Connecticut judge’s ruling against the Infowars host combines with decisions in Texas to grant a clean sweep for the families of 10 shooting victims.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
But will that deter his crazy followers who go around harassing the parents at their homes ?

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Alex Jones deserves to be in poverty, I know he still has a support base that will fund him but a financial kick in the ass is something long overdue for that piece of shit.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Good, take all his money. Every cent. I want to see this:

LawfulWindyIlladopsis-size_restricted.gif

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Makes you wonder what's in those financial records that he really doesn't want to release

Remmy2112

Nov 5, 2017
This fuckface was so afraid of opening his books on discovery during these lawsuits that he'd rather take the financial hit of all these civil lawsuits by completely ducking the cases.

Banjo Tango

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
There was a podcast that really went into detail on how completely incompetent the defense was, and just how badly Alex and co. had to fuck up in order to get this default judgement (and got an interview with one of the prosecuting attorneys):

This under-appreciated thread has the details:
www.resetera.com

Attorney representing Sandy Hook parents in Alex Jones defamation lawsuits appears as guest, answers questions on popular InfoWars analysis podcast.

The podcast Knowledge Fight has been going for nearly 5 years and a solid chunk of the 602 episodes they've done have been dedicated to following the ongoing Sandy Hook lawsuits and researching *exactly* what Alex Jones and InfoWars did in the wake of that massacre. For long-time listeners such...

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
What's the play here. He could have handed over the documents, paid the fine, and moved on. He could have easily convinced his sheep that the documents he handed over were fake and they would have believed him. What's the angle? Bad lawyer?

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
What, did he think that if he just never handed over the documents or appeared in court, that the case would just never move forward?

Normally, that would be a whole new level of dumbass, but this is Alex Jones we're talking about. It's just a Tuesday.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Get fucked. The shit pricks like him spew is disgusting and the fact that so many idiots believe it is sad.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Cool, but I want him to truly suffer. I want him to suffer every second from now up until his death. Doesn't have to be long, though. I'm not inhuman.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want him to lose a lot of his money. I want him to lose ALL of his money