AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
That image above is when the A95k screen is on. You can see some text at the top of the image.

Yeah but they're pointing a phone flash at it point blank, which is causing the material behind the glass to reflect. Do that with a regular OLED and it's not going to be pure black either.

Not a single review of the A95K I've seen says anything other than that the blacks are basically flawless and the grey is only when the panel is off.

rashbeep

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah but they're pointing a phone flash at it point blank, which is causing the material behind the glass to reflect. Do that with a regular OLED and it's not going to be pure black either.

Not a single review of the A95K I've seen says anything other than that the blacks are basically flawless and the grey is only when the panel is off.

yea the digitaltrends review of the sony was very positive

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not really worried about that, did everyone forget about plasmas? They were the same way, best black levels pre-OLED but take a picture with flash on and the TV/glass would appear grey.

JiyuuTenshi

Oct 28, 2017
Well I hope at least Neo G9 referesh that is coming later this year is a cheaper price at launcher due to this monitor. I like the idea of QD OLED but Neo G9 2022 refresh could tempt otherwise. Oooooooooof too hard.
Definitely a bunch of interesting monitors coming out this year. I'm absolutely in the market for a new one to replace my CRG9, but no idea yet which I'm going to pick. I'm pretty curious about the Samsung Odyssey Ark as well. Either OLED or a high end mini-LED are a given though. I just can't stomach regular LCD black levels anymore.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Really want OLED if no burn in for productivity or Mini LED. Also rather stay 1440p for the foreseeable future. Gonna wait for reviews, but I really want to upgrade from my current screen.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
Would it kill then to make a monitor that doesn't look like shit? The ""gamer"" aesthetic with all these high end monitors looks awful.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
If it's just when the panel is off that you get the grayish black panel (as was said like plasma TVs) then it isn't that big a deal. Clean black when off looks ace, though. As long as pure black is displayed perfectly when the panel is on that's all that really matters.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not rich enough for these screens, but I'm so excited that QD-OLED is launching at this price! Hopefully, when I'm ready to buy in a few years, the price has lowered to an attainable level! The tech behind this is amazing!

Condwiramurs

Nov 10, 2020
a chinese review of it, the auto generated english subs are surprisingly decent

unfortunately, he echoes the sub par text rendering reports
"Yes,the red and green pixel was definitely appear to some APP's edge and Text performance is not as good as I thought it should be, might because of Mac HiDPI was unable to tweak on. But i was so disappointed about Text performance , I feel a little bit dizzy and sick when i am typing something for a long time by this monitor"

threw this comparison together from the reddit post above

comp9nkup.png

Last edited:

Pizzamigo

Oct 25, 2017
The subpar text performance due to the unique pixel structure isn't ideal, but I'm hoping it's something that's hard to notice at normal viewing distances. And if black text on white background is the worst of it, I'm willing to look past that for literally everything else hopefully being best in class for a monitor.

I just want to be done with poor LCD/LED IPS image quality once and for all. We finally have a legit OLED gaming monitor ya'll. At an affordable price too wtf.

Oct 27, 2017
The subpar text performance due to the unique pixel structure isn't ideal, but I'm hoping it's something that's hard to notice at normal viewing distances. And if black text on white background is the worst of it, I'm willing to look past that for literally everything else hopefully being best in class for a monitor.

I just want to be done with poor LCD/LED IPS image quality once and for all. We finally have a legit OLED gaming monitor ya'll. At an affordable price too wtf.
Plus it's supposedly brighter than the oled tv counterparts which is huge. There is no perfect tv/monitor and they all have there pitfalls but this looks to be a step up from where we were in the monitor world. The price though leads me to believe that competition is finally going to be ramping up in this sector, finally…

Hedonism Bot

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that's fair, I shared before reading properly, I thought there were pics of a personal set but clearly not. Sorry, false alarm! I'll edit the post.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
testlol.png

I was planning on buying the LG C2 42in but at this price? Fuck it. I'll throw this in a spare room if I really want the C2.

LaneDS

Oct 25, 2017
Ordered it as well. Paid for the 2 day shipping (to get it shipped before they start cancelling lol) already got order confirmation.

Interesting. I had placed an order with the original listing (at MSRP) and got a quick (within 20 minutes) order confirmation. I placed another today at the much cheaper price, but haven't yet received a confirmation. The discount was too steep to not try, so we'll see if either order plays out but I figure it should be easy to return one should I end up with two. Getting it at MSRP is not something I'd be unhappy about, but $300+ off is of course no joke either. Hope people in here get lucky either way!

Otheradam

Shinra Employee
Nov 1, 2017
Ugh I jumped in. Had the first Alienware 34" ultrawide and that has been great for the past few years.

Namikaze

Oct 27, 2017
I really hope dell keeps my discounted order..I bet they're still making money…currently using a TN Dell Panel with 144hz.

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Placed an order as well, we'll see if they actually keep it lol. Atm, I could go 50/50 either way, since this was a total impulse buy BUT I was in the market to replace my current one that's starting to get Horizontal lines...