ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Obviously it isn't meant for this and I mainly game on PC but what's the best settings for using the DWF with a PS5? Should I be worried about burning in the centre?

Games look a lot better on it Vs being stretched on my 48 inch C1. Just worried about the black bars on the side causing the centre to burn in quicker.
I wouldn't risk it. In less than a year, my launch monitor (DW though, not DWF) turned to this after using it on and off for work at 1920x1080

WKm4yOV.jpg

Samaritan

Oct 25, 2017
Tacoma, Washington
I accidentally told my monitor not to remind me about the pixel refresh, and now it no longer asks if I'd like to run the pixel refresh when I turn it off. Does anyone know if there's a way to bring back that behavior?

Oct 25, 2017
I accidentally told my monitor not to remind me about the pixel refresh, and now it no longer asks if I'd like to run the pixel refresh when I turn it off. Does anyone know if there's a way to bring back that behavior?

Open up the menu and go to the top option. From there navigate to Others > OLED Panel Maintenance > Auto Warning Message > On

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
Should've mentioned that I tried this already, it didn't actually turn it back on. :/

You probably need to do a factory reset then. If you have an AW3423DW and haven't done the firmware update from December you can go ahead and do that since it will factory reset the monitor anyway. Just be sure to document any changes you made to the monitor that you care about since a factory reset will blow all of them out.

burgerdog

Oct 27, 2017
What would the monitor be installing something 12 months+ after having this thing? There's an AWCC installation thing going right now when I booted up my pc. Never seen that before.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
is this kinda a general qd-oled thread?

I ordered a 2725df last week as it was on sale in canada (200$ off even if it just came out!!) and I receive it today or tomorrow. Any tips or settings I should tweak as a new oled monitor user?

Also, Im going to keep my current ips monitor as a 2nd monitor, to use it is it as simple as plugging it in the hdmi port on my computer?

I was also told it could be useful to upgrade from windows 10 to 11.. does it actually make a difference?
How're you liking the monitor? I'm thinking I might bite on it.....

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
its real real good.

went from an IPS to this and the difference is night and day. if you're looking for a 27in its an easy recommend from me
I have a Dell 2721DGF (IPS, 165hz) and I have no qualms with it but I'm tempted to go 1440p OLED now. But I got a 4070 Ti Super and It'd be nice to go 4K 🤔 They're hella expensive tho and 32 inches typically.

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
do you play competitive games?
Not religiously. Mostly Halo Infinite and League of Legends and maybe some stuff like Warzone/Apex at times. I play a variety of stuff.

Amazon has the 27GR95QE-B for Like New for like $540 which seems like a really good deal compared to these brand new monitors 🤔 tempting

SolidSnakeUS

Oct 25, 2017
I have an F from day 1 but I have not updated the drivers. Is it still truly worth it at this point for quality and longevity of the product?

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Any recommended way to hunt the MPG 321URX? I set up alerts on a few different websites but I'm very out of the loop on PC hardware (my personal computer is 14 years old, work is 12).

Whales

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Not religiously. Mostly Halo Infinite and League of Legends and maybe some stuff like Warzone/Apex at times. I play a variety of stuff.

Amazon has the 27GR95QE-B for Like New for like $540 which seems like a really good deal compared to these brand new monitors 🤔 tempting

I would have said if you play mostly competitive games then 27in is perfect.

Otherwise, if you got the budget for it and the space, 32 is really nice. I would have gotten 32inches but there is no room for it in my setup.

Also when I got the dell it was randomly on sale for like 200$ off (in canada)

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
I would have said if you play mostly competitive games then 27in is perfect.

Otherwise, if you got the budget for it and the space, 32 is really nice. I would have gotten 32inches but there is no room for it in my setup.

Also when I got the dell it was randomly on sale for like 200$ off (in canada)
I saw they have the 2725DF for $600 USD refurbished on their website. Coupled with up to 7% back via Capital One on it (I checked out thru the main website using their link even tho it's technically refurb which Capital One had a separate link for and only 4%...) I bit. IDGAF if it's refurbished or may not have the same warranty. I've never had a bad experience with refurb products or burn in. I'll drive up to Round Rock and knock on their door if I have issues 😂

vixolus

Prophet of Truth
Sep 22, 2020
IMG_1214.jpg

Welp the refurbished 2725 came in. Dunno if this was a UPS special or what.

IMG_1215.jpg

This is how it was packaged.

Annoying

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
Just got this monitor yesterday, and the picture quality is ridiculous when gaming in a dark room. Blows the doors off my previous monitor ASUS TUF

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Any recommended way to hunt the MPG 321URX? I set up alerts on a few different websites but I'm very out of the loop on PC hardware (my personal computer is 14 years old, work is 12).
I enabled stock alerts on Hot Stock, NowInStock, and through every retailer that offers than and have had no luck whatsoever in over 2 months. Are they changing sand into glass using the hot breath of a toddler or something?

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
and of course this went in stock today
got the "buy" button to come up twice, no luck either time. hundreds if not thousands of refreshes. will never beat a bot

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
You can back order with adorama if you wanted to secure an order, not sure how long the back order would take but it's maybe better then having to fight bots
I didn't know they'd do that. Might as well. The trackers go back to mid-March and it looks like Adorama hasn't had stock since before that. So it might be a long wait; I can do both.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know they'd do that. Might as well. The trackers go back to mid-March and it looks like Adorama hasn't had stock since before that. So it might be a long wait; I can do both.
Just a heads up for anyone looking to order and considering Adorama; they haven't gotten any shipments of the 321URX. They've been taking orders for months but have continually changed the shipping status. They've sent zero orders out per tons of Reddit threads. It was seemingly too good to be true. Thanks for trying, defaltoption ! One day my prince will come.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Just a heads up for anyone looking to order and considering Adorama; they haven't gotten any shipments of the 321URX. They've been taking orders for months but have continually changed the shipping status. They've sent zero orders out per tons of Reddit threads. It was seemingly too good to be true. Thanks for trying, defaltoption ! One day my prince will come.
Ouch, well hopefully you can grab one sooner then later!!

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I'm just here to report that I'm an idiot and have been having my monitor on mostly only to game for fear of burn in for the last, like, 7 months,

and today I realized I can get an ultrawide YT extension to keep videos up and not have to worry about black bar burn in on the sides of the monitor

medyej

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just here to report that I'm an idiot and have been having my monitor on mostly only to game for fear of burn in for the last, like, 7 months,

and today I realized I can get an ultrawide YT extension to keep videos up and not have to worry about black bar burn in on the sides of the monitor
Yep, that extension is clutch. You can also use some reshade stuff to do it for VLC as well but I don't do that yet

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finding out the monitor was supposed to come with a VESA adapter? wtf I don't recall even seeing one in my box when I bought it a couple years ago

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
Finding out the monitor was supposed to come with a VESA adapter? wtf I don't recall even seeing one in my box when I bought it a couple years ago
This thing (time-stamped)?

View: https://youtu.be/Dn147dwvKSY?t=169

Sorry, I have no experience opening up a box for this monitor, lol. I just bought one as a gift and had it sent directly to the recipient. I just saw it said they came with a VESA adapter on the Amazon page for what I ordered, so I looked for unboxing videos.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This thing (time-stamped)?

View: https://youtu.be/Dn147dwvKSY?t=169

Sorry, I have no experience opening up a box for this monitor, lol. I just bought one as a gift and had it sent directly to the recipient. I just saw it said they came with a VESA adapter on the Amazon page for what I ordered, so I looked for unboxing videos.

Yep I believe I need that adapter for a majority of third party arms. I checked on Reddit, and it's a common enough occurrence that Dell sometimes doesn't ship the adapter with the monitor, so those customers sent their monitor back for a replacement that had the adapter packaged in.

Feels crappy because I don't even think I have the original box anymore, and apparently Dell doesn't sell a VESA adapter separately.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You have the original DW and not the DWF? The DWF apparently doesn't come with an adapter because the mounting holes for VESA are built in.

The original DW. Watching the unboxing videos and I feel like I have everything but the most important part for an arm lol.

I think the MSA20 natively snaps into the back of the DW so I might go with that one for now.