Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirtyshubb

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Exactly why I thought that equality in pay thing didn't really mean anything. Everybody will get paid based on their drawing power. And guess what? That's already happening now. Ronda Rousey is not being paid less than Heath Slater.
It's obvious what they mean, if you are a mid carder you will get paid less then a top drawer but pay will be decided on card position and therw won't be a difference between genders.

Not a hard concept to grasp I would have thought.

Deleted member 42

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
The only thing I care about RE: AEW is if they think dogs should vote or not, I base my entire life on this one policy plan

Shibata100

Oct 29, 2017
So....is PAC signed?

I thought it was gonna be more of an AEW/Dragon Gate working relationship, does he not have a contract with them?

That'd be a big time get...

He definitely still with DG. He wouldn't be showing up with the belt if he wasn't.

Relationship with DG is interesting as I was under impression that CIMA left on bad terms. Not sure DG are gonna have a relationship with AEW while they working with the Chinese company.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
Exactly why I thought that equality in pay thing didn't really mean anything. Everybody will get paid based on their drawing power. And guess what? That's already happening now. Ronda Rousey is not being paid less than Heath Slater.
Nobody ever thought Slater made more than Rousey, so I have no idea why you're bringing that up as if it means anything. The question is what about the stars that are at about the same level? Is Ronda being paid as much as Brock Lesnar? Are Becky Lynch or Charlotte Flair being paid as much as AJ Styles or Daniel Bryan? I seriously doubt it. And that's what that announcement is about. It isn't a mindblowing announcement that'll completely change how wrestlers are paid but it's a positive move.

chogidogs

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure extreme examples like this aren't true. But what about male and female talents of equal draw? Was AJ Lee not complaining about that a few years ago?

Equal draw is such a subjective statement though. AJ is probably right when she said that. That was not really a good time for women's wrestling. But I hope the roster now is better compensated considering that almost all of them have merch now and have more TV time.

That said, if equality in pay really does mean "equally drawing" people are paid the same, that's awesome. And should happen not only in wrestling but in everything in life.

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017
cima-wrestler-2a29c7fe-f9ab-48fe-b94c-e950d7ba52e-resize-750.jpeg

Did somebody say cima?

A Good Heart these days is hard to find.

Khrol

Oct 28, 2017
Are we still waiting for details on how we can watch AEW? I remember Jarrett was hyping a new promotion a couple years back and I have no clue what even happened to it. Worried the same will happen with this.

thefro

Oct 25, 2017
Good start and they did what they needed to do here. Love the PAC/Jericho pick-ups, as well as the OWE/Strong Hearts partnership. Roster looks promising.

Need to fill out the women's roster, sign Marty/Omega, Pentagon/Fenix, and some other tag teams.

They're doing the right things on an equal pay scale and it appears having full-time employees/benefits.

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
*talks about equality*

*NFL Cheerleaders, who are treated like shit by their teams part of the rally*

Also, I hope Brit Baker or whomever is being paid exactly the same as Kenny Omega, or one of their first statements will be shown as nothing but meaningless buzzword BS, just like the most evil woman in history, Stephanie McMahon.

But, I have no doubt Big Dust is looking down, proud of his son pulling a good con on a money mark. So, congrats if nothing else, and good luck. They'll need it, if the current roster is anything to go by.

Is this the JessieEwok gimmick I heard so much about?

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are we still waiting for details on how we can watch AEW? I remember Jarrett was hyping a new promotion a couple years back and I have no clue what even happened to it. Worried the same will happen with this.

There's no regular shows planned yet. Double or Nothing will be on Fite PPV and I assume the show after in Jacksonville too. The regular shows will be announced later in the year I'd guess.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
You should have stopped listening the minute Jarrett mentioned he was involved.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Was about to say, Cody and the Bucks need to fear Hunter more than they do Vince.

Triple H actually understands modern wrestling if NXT is anything to go by. But thankfully for them, Vince doesn't.
Yeah. I think Triple H would respect what they're doing, he gets it. Vince though, idk about him.

If Trips had full control I'm sure things would work out better for the wrestlers in all ways but hey Vince is Vince.

Oct 27, 2017
*talks about equality*

Also, I hope Brit Baker or whomever is being paid exactly the same as Kenny Omega, or one of their first statements will be shown as nothing but meaningless buzzword BS, just like the most evil woman in history, Stephanie McMahon.

But, I have no doubt Big Dust is looking down, proud of his son pulling a good con on a money mark. So, congrats if nothing else, and good luck. They'll need it, if the current roster is anything to go by.

What is wrong with you? Seriously. Edited for phone auto correct

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
*talks about equality*

RavenWhatAMark.gif

Drax

Oregon tag
Oct 25, 2017
It was kind of a meaningless, throw away statement to be honest. Wrestlers are never paid equally. There's no salary structure in place, and I doubt AEW will be any different. You are paid based on what you can draw. I think they just wanted to get the point across that women wrestlers will be treated like a priority, not just eye candy or a bathroom break.

Don't get me wrong, I was skeptical too but looking at the salary numbers, the wrestlers who are getting paid more than Charlotte is eye boggling.

Lazybob

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Said he wanted to be the champion.

OEW in China are affiliated with Dragon Gate too, so it could hint at a DG partnership.
I don't about that. The whole Cima Dragongate split is a really odd situation from what I can find on it. From what I can tell he's technically still part of a separate Dragongate company that's focused on OWE and when he and his guys work in Japan it hasn't been for Dragongate. I'm not even sure if thats accurate as I can't find a lot of english sources about it.

HarryDemeanor

Oct 25, 2017
Catching up on all the festivities today. Really like what I'm hearing. When the rumors first started I thought it had a good chance at crashing and burning the first year. Now they've got a really huge shot at making an impact. I love it.

Deleted member 17658

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
*talks about equality*

I agree with most of this. Hope they are putting their money where their mouths are. They're going to be under a huge microscope.

Health insurance, man I hope that happens. Make it the norm. Pleeeease.

JesseEwiak

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
https://www.jacksonville.com/news/n...n-among-nfl-owners-gave-1m-trump-inauguration

Will the "money donated to gun violence victims" at the Jacksonville show equal the cool million dollars that Daddy Khan stroked Trump for his inauguration committee.

Probably not, but I'm sure the same people who slam Vince's association with Trump will have excuses why it's OK for Cody's money mark to give cash to President Trump and for people to continue to support AEW, right? After all, it's not like Trump nominated two likely anti-gun control judges to the Supreme Court and dozens of anti-gun control judges to the lower courts as well. Or I wonder how Khan feels about Obamacare repeal, as he promises health insuraance for employees, but screw people on Medicaid I guess.

Of course, many people in this thread are already in a bubble where the WWE is Always Bad and Terrible and whoever opposes them are the Good Guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.