• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
mqdefault.jpg

That game looks pretty neat, now I'm sad I missed it and Radical Rex too!

This game was always on Nick Arcade. It is not very good.

Chuck Rock was great, what's wrong with you??11?

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Wait.. Team 17 has been around this long?! I thought they were a relatively new publisher. Wow!

They have been around since they were just a small Team 7

team_7_01.png

and released a cute Miami Vice inspired top down driving/chasing game called Miami Chase.

Swarming1182

Jan 14, 2018
tbh the thing this thread makes me think/feel most of all is 'God I miss when we at least had failed mascot characters!' I miss these sorts of fun 2D/3D platformers. I remember playing one of the Bubsy games at my cousin's house on his PC and I have so much nostalgia for it despite the endless hate those games get haha

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Very much so. I guess you could say that Skunny had SOME success as a sort of shareware mascot. :)
To tell you how powerful an artifact it is,
I never actually played Skunny, I never even had a computer in my household then BUT I still got massive nostalgia coming from the video, like a digital Madeleine of Proust or something.
They have been around since they were just a small Team 7

team_7_01.png

and released a cute Miami Vice inspired top down driving/chasing game called Miami Chase.
Wait team17 was once called team7?

Last edited:

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Wait team17 was once called team7?

Yeah, but I think they only released that one game under their original name (besides several demos in the late 80s) before merging with a publisher called 17-bit*. Their names got merged too into Team 17.

*nothing to do with the indie developer.

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, but I think they only released that one game under their original name (besides several demos in the late 80s) before merging with a publisher called 17-bit*. Their names got merged too into Team 17.

*nothing to do with the indie developer.
the gaming equivalent of
RHNr0etG-vJ5LPuPG4I2ZYvy7GI=.gif

It's fascinating!

Grisby

Oct 29, 2017
Ive been saying awesome possum for years and I never knew it was a game. I wonder if I [played it subconsciously as a kid.

Jul 1, 2020
The fuck am I looking at here? What's up with his body/arms?
It looks like his hands are behind his back and his shirt is bursting open. The UK is like the Galapagos Islands of the gaming industry where there are all kinds of strange budget games and weird and often bad ports for platforms that only existed there and maybe a few other places in Europe.

There are also some fantastic games on those platforms and a lot of the big name studios and the people who work there got started or got inspired to make games based on their experience with them. There are quite a few of the Spectrum's better games available in Rare Replay.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a LP of it and it doesn't seem all that great, outside of some of the artwork.
Game is pretty fun though, I played that loads on Amiga and Gamegear back in the day. Pretty fast paced platformer with some cool mechanics with the rocks. Its not the best mascot platformer from the 90s, but compared to some of the worst ones?