Mobu

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
0u834qbmyaq11.png

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Finasterdie has horrible side effects. Incorrect spelling is intentional. Haha. Some side effects are PERMANENT! So you'll have the hair to get a spouse, but won't be able to consummate the relationship.

been taking it for ten years, no problems.

i'm sure some experience adverse side effects (like with any drug) but it astounds me reading these threads why people don't just go to a dermatologist and get a script, or at least try it out. it's the best option aside from paying $5k+ for a transplant

ironjoe

Jan 26, 2018
NYC

i'm sure some experience adverse side effects (like with any drug) but it astounds me reading these threads why people don't just go to a dermatologist and get a script, or at least try it out. it's the best option aside from paying $5k+ for a transplant
I'm not surprised. Some people have no problem with it. I just want OP to know the lowest risk options and I would not consider fid to be on that list.

I don't want to take the risk when the man weaves look so amazing. I wonder if there is anyway to hide that you had one attached. Haha.

Maybe there are wavy hair weaves for men so it won't be so obvious when I get one....

Fart Master

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
A dumpster
When it works, it works wonders. When you get side-effects, they're... horrible. And, sometimes, long lasting. Not worth the risk, IMO.

Yeah, I'd give it some really good thought before going the Finasteride route. It's not just the sexual dysfunction stuff, but it usually changes how your skin functions, a lot of people who previously had perfectly nice, even, smooth skin start developing bumpy uneven skin, acne, etc.
Fuck that just get in good shape

IsThatHP

Oct 31, 2017
Talk to a dermatologist, your corners are maturing. Not a big deal, doesn't necessarily mean baldness. You'd probably be a good candidate for a transplant if you really wanted it.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so far down the bald rabbithole that I'm starting to seriously consider laser hair removal on my scalp just so I don't have to bother with shaving it anymore.

joe1138

Oct 28, 2017
Full disclosure: I'm in my mid 30's and show no signs of balding yet so I know I may get some flak for saying this but...

I always liked the maturing corners look on dudes and thought I could probably rock it should it happen to me. I think as long as you keep in shape and are well groomed, it seems like an all right look.

My hair is way too thick and grows out very quickly. I basically get a couple days between haircuts where I think my hair looks really good and I can do something with it. It's either too short or too long for my liking.

OP. you do you. Maybe use this as an opportunity to do something new with your look.

Foffy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks more like a mature hairline to me. I kinda had something like that since I was in my teens and have only gotten self-conscious of it because of my gender questioning.

Start to worry if it receding further or you can actually feel spots that have less volume of hair in spaces where hair exists.

Nose Master

Oct 27, 2017
Probably, but it might stop or slow down. I got vegeta widow peaks fairly young and it hasnt receded much more than that in the past decade.

smisk

Oct 27, 2017

Has it worked well as far as keeping your hair? I think the side effects are overblown - people assume your dick is gonna stop working when only like 4% of people experience anything like that. And from what I've read there have only been a handful of cases where they are permanent.

SwampBastard

The Fallen
Nov 1, 2017
I always liked the maturing corners look on dudes and thought I could probably rock it should it happen to me. I think as long as you keep in shape and are well groomed, it seems like an all right look.
I dated a girl whose 11 year old nephew told the barber that he wanted his corners shaved like his dad's because he thought it looked cool.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Has it worked well as far as keeping your hair? I think the side effects are overblown - people assume your dick is gonna stop working when only like 4% of people experience anything like that. And from what I've read there have only been a handful of cases where they are permanent.

definitely. catch is that's all it really does, nothing regrows. though i've read if you're balding at the crown there's like a 50/50 chance some of it will regrow.

could be a placebo but seems the front of my scalp thickened out a bit after taking it a year

how much mg you taking ?

1 mg daily. i think it's rare doctors prescribe more than that

should also add it's expensive and most insurance plans won't cover it as a "cosmetic". though if you do a little digging like with the Good Rx app or something you can find a way around it. i got a Sams Club membership where i can get it dirt cheap. before it was like $80 a bottle or something ridiculous

Last edited:

Deleted member 17092

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Dude you're fine for probably at least 5 years without buzzing it completely. It's a pretty slow process. Mine started going at like 23 and I'm 31 now and I still haven't gone complete buzz. I just get monthly pretty short trims on the top and buzzed on the sides faded in. Yes, it's clear my hair is pretty thin but it's alright. And yeah I gotta a full beard.