• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Not boring, very annoying and I hate them.

Always think about old people/sick people/parents with babies/animals etc. just trying to be in peace.

Oct 25, 2017
They aren't boring but they should be outlawed in the US except for professionals.
Just saw on the Chicago news a guy get his face blown off as nothing was happening and he went to check the fuse…

He's alive but yeah…

The injuries were so bad that the man had to be airlifted to a hospital, Benson said.

"His face is almost gone," Benson said. "It doesn't make sense why do they sell this kind of stuff for these people to buy, and light fireworks for the kids."

Good4Squat

Nov 2, 2017
Some of them can be pretty, but overall I would prefer if they were banned just because of the way it scares a lot of animals to death.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really give a shit, what I care about is when my neighbors think it is the coolest thing to do for an hour when my son is trying to sleep. God damn, if you live in the city, what the fuck are you doing?

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
I was excited for them when I was younger but I don't get the insane excitement for people to see the same shit over and over again as you get older.

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Just saw on the Chicago news a guy get his face blown off as nothing was happening and he went to check the fuse…

He's alive but yeah…

The injuries were so bad that the man had to be airlifted to a hospital, Benson said.

"His face is almost gone," Benson said. "It doesn't make sense why do they sell this kind of stuff for these people to buy, and light fireworks for the kids."

Add into that, that veterans with PTSD have to stay inside and hope to not hear the fireworks.

I legit have no problem with Disney, Universal, Busch Gardens, any sort of theme park having firework displays.

I also don't want care about a city wanted to have a fireworks display of Their Own.

But outlaw fireworks for regular people. We can deal with sparklers.

SeanM

Oct 26, 2017
USA
It was cool when I was really young, because I got to be outside when it was dark and catch lightning bugs in jars and whatnot then watch the fireworks from our local schools football field.

I kinda got bored of them by the time I was like 8 or 9 years old though.

Geist

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only time fireworks interest me is the big shows. Anything I can fire by hand ain't big enough lol.

Indurian

Oct 27, 2017
www.resetera.com

Can people shove up fireworks up their ass?

What the fuck is the point aside being a loud asshole, we cannot even chill in peace. Just fuck off.

www.resetera.com

What do you think of fireworks?

I think they’re really boring. I don’t find anything exciting about some colors flashing in the sky. Maybe I’m just over exposed to explosions in games and movies but I don’t understand the urge for people to leave their homes, go sit in the grass for a few hours around people you don’t know as...

www.resetera.com

Old man rant: Fireworks are stupid and should be banned*

* from use by the general public I’m from the Netherlands and every year it’s the same old shit. People are allowed to use fireworks from 18.00 to 02.00 on New Year’s Eve and that goes as well as you might expect on a day that people drink excessively. This year it has resulted in two...

www.resetera.com

I really, really hate fireworks

I think they should all be thanos snapped away....all of them, forever. There is no point to them at all. People fucking doing this shit every night the whole summer, they are loud, obnoxious, startling, make dogs start going crazy...they just fucking suck.

www.resetera.com

Currently there is a thunder storm happening, and 2 streets over they are shooting off fireworks and guns.

Got to love the south. Oh and they will be firing those same guns and fireworks well into the weekend if not next week. At random hours of the night, you will get a peaceful sleep from 8pm until 3:37am when you are awaken with what sounds like being at ground zero for a Halo Universe...

www.resetera.com

Are you in favor of banning (private) fireworks for New Years?

With each passing year you seem to hear more and more people calling for a ban on fireworks for various reasons and cities around the world start implementing them (at least partially). Especially in Sydney this topic is hotly (no pun intended) debated this year, because of the raging bush...

www.resetera.com

Fuck fireworks

Sorry to be nofunallowed.jpg on NYE and I don’t know what the laws are in other neck of the woods (do tell), but here in Sweden every asshole who can get their hands on pyrotechnics can do so. And that results in them aiming at people at the squares during midnight, cops are getting shot at...

www.resetera.com

I Fucking Hate Yay-hoos Setting Off Fireworks

Thanks, dickheads. My dogs are totally freaking out because you like making thing go BANG!

www.resetera.com

Call me a old man but I like to sleep holiday nights and not have the sound of COD outside my window with fireworks.

The crumb bums are a whole street and it still sounded like they were in my front yard calling in score streaks. And the worst thing is they start a few days before the holiday and continue a few days afterwards. Georgia should never have legalize the sell of fireworks

www.resetera.com

Old Man USA Era it is about that time again, a week of fireworks right in your freaking ear at 4 am.

Have your fun, but goddamn let folks sleep without hearing bunker buster sounding like it si going off right outside your window. *sits down in his rocking chair and sucks on a peppermint*

Nah, everyone loves fireworks here.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
It really had a bad effect on my smallest dog. She was so scared and nervous, locked down in place under the bed or behind my seat.

Just shaking, heavily panting, and with her eyes and mouth wide open.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I like colorful lights and I like explosions.

But I'd be perfectly fine with drones and lightshows.

Just as long as there's an explosion somewhere. Just one.

Pankratous

Oct 26, 2017
Fireworks displays are extremely boring. They somehow make you more bored than if you were watching nothing at all.

The only good ones are the ones you get all Disney parks, because it's an actual show in time with music, etc.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it just causes loud noises and makes everything smell like smoke in my town.

I hate it.

Ones timed with music like Disney are good though yeah.

May 8, 2018
If anything they just make me nostalgic for when I was a kid. I used to love them as a kid. At least my work is close to a display every year. It's nice in that regard. I get paid and still get to see a good display.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I think they are part of new years eve and I like to watch that for 10mins but any other day of the year they are just annoying . I stopped wasting money on that years ago.

Just recently somebody was launching them in the middle of the week at 10pm.

I have a buddy who loved to buy fireworks wait till everybody is done to shot off his waste of money fireworks .

Nowadays he gets super angry at everybody doing that because his little cat gets scared .

Red Liquorice

Oct 27, 2017
UK
There's always one thick as pigshit cretin that lets a huge singular bang type off at 2 AM. Like well done, dumbass you spent all that money on 5 seconds of noise, big clap for you.

Max|Payne

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
ITT:
e6c.jpg

GavinGT

Sep 28, 2020
It's not as if there's a ton of innovation in the field. The fireworks we see today are more or less the same ones I saw as a kid 30+ years ago.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Well not boring, but I think we would be better without them. The litter, noise disturbance for animals (also people), accidents and pollution doesn't seem worth it.

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
I kinda like the Disney ones because there's a music/story accompaniment. Still usually done with them pretty quickly. One time my Dad took us to see a Star Wars themed fireworks show and that was pretty neat. But yeah otherwise I get bored after like a minute.

Buying and setting off fireworks yourself is a different story, at least there's an element of choice and danger

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
I do think they're a little boring. There are a few local shows that I can watch fairly easily, but I tend to tune out after a few minutes. To be fair, I haven't been to Disney in a long time, so those might actually be pretty fun, but having my parents drag me to the National Mall to sit in the heat for six-ten hours just to see an okay fireworks show before standing in line for hours to take the Metro home likely soured me on the fireworks experience a bit.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Love them.
We have a week-long fireworks festival, and while the random idiot can be annoying, the displays, and the whole explosions thing is awesome.

Kadey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Southeastern PA
Back when I was little I use to go to the riverfront with my family all the time watching fireworks during all types of holidays. Now that I'm older, yeah it doesn't really impress me anymore. Even the most top tier millions of dollars spent fireworks doesn't get a reaction from me. They have to innovate and take it to a new level never seen before.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Never found them especially boring but whenever I look at them I can't help but to think that it's a huge waste of resources.

Cyrus_Saren

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Iowa
Enjoyed them as a kid but realized it was all the same as I got older so I don't care to watch them anymore now.

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah the actual fireworks themselves are whatever but the act of watching them together with family or friends is the "fun" part. I let my kid stay up until 10pm last night to partake. In years past, friends would throw a cookout and party; grab a chair, sip a beer, and just chill and watch.

Karsha

May 1, 2020
They make you feel good because usually they symbolize some sort of celebrations, watching colorful lights and explosions at night is not boring at all, might not be impressive anymore like all the other things when they are seen for multiple times but I wouldn't call it "boring"

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
This is why I've generally preferred people lighting off their own fireworks, because there's a lot more variety in those small fireworks than with the huge festival balls they use in the shows. They occasionally get something new there, but it's not frequent.
They have to innovate and take it to a new level never seen before.
Your answer to that is Disneyland, combining fireworks with strong music, intense lighting effects, digital mapping and theming in a multimedia fireworks show.

www.youtube.com

DISNEYLAND 4TH OF JULY 2021 FIREWORKS SHOW CELEBRATE AMERICA [4K 1080p] MICKEYS MIX MAGIC SHOW

Today July 4, 2021 Disneyland debuts its first firework show of the year starting with Mickey’s mix magic and a second show of the Fourth of July America cel...

Also,
youtu.be

FULL Remember Dreams Come True 2018 Fireworks at Disneyland Park!

FULL Remember Dreams Come True 2018 Fireworks at Disneyland Park!The classic "Remember... Dreams Come True Fireworks at Disneyland Park have finally returned...

Last edited:

Strangiato

Oct 28, 2017
24 year old NHL goaltender died in Michigan last night in a fireworks accident after they tilted towards a crowd and he tried to escape. Imagine thinking fireworks are anything but incredibly stupid and irresponsible.

GameAddict411

Oct 26, 2017
There is nothing more amusing the neighbors trying to one up each other by buying bigger fireworks. I see in pretty much every place I have lived. I enjoy the loud ones actually.

Stellares

Oct 27, 2017
Its fine if you don't like fireworks but to claim intellectual superiority and that people are stupid cavemen if they like them is ridiculous

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
There's a huge difference between a bad fireworks show and a good one. A lot of them are really bad. However, the local baseball team here puts on a great show every year. I've noticed that they seem to have three different locations where they shoot them off from, allowing them to launch more at one time and from different angles. The display is only about 10 minutes long, but it's way better than any show I've seen.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
What is the appeal of anything really? While I find amateur fireworks quite dangerous, professional displays of celebration for a brief moment can bring you closer to the people you are sharing them with, and help rejuvenate your outlook on life and make you more optimistic for what is to come. The people I truly feel sorry for are those who suffer from PTSD—it's why I believe we should have stricter control over these things as to not absolutely htrigger them for a month straight.