• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Last of Us 2 (after GoT is completed)
Final Fantasy 7 (after LoU2)
GoT (currently playing)
Days Gone (Last but not least)

Right now, GoT is looking amazing on the PS5 and with the fast loading and clear as day graphics on my 4k KS8000 65 inch TV, it looks amazing!!!

Feels like I'm playing a PS5 next gen game at launch!

GoT is my current GoTY, but I haven't played LoU2 nor FFVII, but I brought them day one on their release date.

Anyone else held back just for PS5 with their PS4 games?

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in the same boat.

I have a PS4 Pro but decided to wait a couple years to go back and play them on PS5, assuming they get updates.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Same. I just got a new PC with a 3080, so it'll be a while until I buy a PS5. Will hold on for some PS4-exclusive games (Tsushima, Miles Morales) until I can play them on the PS5.

I KILL PXLS

Oct 25, 2017
I held off on Ghost but that's largely because I wasn't as interested in it as the others (minus Days Gone).

GOOCHY

Oct 29, 2017
I'm treating GoT, FFVII, and Crash Bandicoot 4 like they're PS5 launch titles. Picking them all up on sale this week.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
I held back yeah. Just did my secret Santa wishlists which includes Nioh 2, GoT, TLOU 2, and Sekiro Game of the Year edition. I'll be set for a bit with those and will wait to get the Nioh 2 PS5 upgrade for free. I also threw in the PS5 version of Miles Morales for good measure lol.

I still have Rdr2 in my backlog though so maybe I should load that up after I'm done Demon's Souls....

baberunisei

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I did the same. Only played FFVII on PS4 this year. Now I'm about to start Ghost of Tsushima on PS5

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Last of Us 2 (after GoT is completed)
Final Fantasy 7 (after LoU2)
GoT (currently playing)
Days Gone (Last but not least)
I have the same exact list, except I couldn't wait for FF7R, platinumed it a month after it released. Probably a good thing too because if I had left the hard mode run for 8 months later I'd probably be too rusty.

Oct 25, 2017
Cincinnati
You're never the only one, I held off on most of them, I still played FF 7 Remake cause I wasn't waiting, but GoT, TLoU 2 etc. I still haven't played/bought. I will wait a few more months to see if an actual PS5 version is coming.

Dan Thunder

Nov 2, 2017
Days Gone isn't a 2020 game.

That aside I tried to hold off on GoT but caved. Don't regret it all all. I'll probably appreciate the upgrade all the more once I go through it again.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
While GoT in 60fps is going to look super dope, i don't think there was any reason to wait to play TLOU2.
It looks absolutely fucking amazing on PS4 Pro and loading times are already short enough.

That is assuming you have a PS4pro.
If you have a base PS4, it's a different situation, ofc.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I've waited on the following games and as above, treating them like PS5 launch games:

1) Spiderman (started playing it for the first time on PS5 and it's so good) - will then play Miles Morales, maybe after a break.
2) The Last of Us Part 2 (waiting for a 60 FPS patch)
3) Ghost of Tsushima (just bought it on Black Friday, waiting for time to play it)

fanboy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Slovakia
I have waited for Days Gone coz I heard the game was in a rough state even after launch.

And yeah, no one is really the only one. I always roll my eyes when seeing these thread titles. You could expect Sony to announce Dino Crisis on launch day and you still wouldnt be alone since Jawmuncher totally hoped for that.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't on TLOU2 cause I knew there was no way to avoid spoilers that long, but have waited on almost everything else. I did buy and play a bit of FF7R, but with the texture bug I'm just gonna wait for a new version.

OP
OP
Josh378

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Same. I just got a new PC with a 3080, so it'll be a while until I buy a PS5. Will hold on for some PS4-exclusive games (Tsushima, Miles Morales) until I can play them on the PS5.

You are going to LOVE GoT on PS5. Loading times between missions are like 2 seconds. You can tell the game resolution is much better on PS5 than on the PS4 pro. No Screen tearing, just beautiful. When you have my wife sitting there calling the game "beautiful" and asking me to take screen shots of certain spots on a mountain...that's when you know they did a great job on the game!

All I know is I'm not playing TLOU2 in 30fps.

Don't care how long it takes

I'm really in the same boat as well. Waiting on the Remaster or patch (hoping for patch, but ND and Sony are going to get greedy and add it in the remaster only for PS5).

watdaeff4

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm waiting to finish my 2nd/platinum run if TLOU2 for this reason.

Also held off in Watchdogs

for Xbox I'm waiting on Destiny 2 until the patch

Rikimaru

Nov 2, 2017
Same.
I have not bought FF7 because I think Square will make ultimate edition when exclusivity expires.
Also waiting for TLOU2 patch.

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017
I played TLOU2 but I'll hold off getting any of the others because I've got enough to play and they don't interest me that much, I'll pick them up whenever I get a PS5 in a year or so.

degauss

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I couldn't resist playing Last of Us 2 a bit on PS4, but I did stop playing it when PS5 was 1 month away. Will resume my play when it gets a patch.

Waited for PS5 to buy Ghost of Tsushima. I'll check out Days Gone (because it's now FREE on PS5 via the PSN Plus Collection)

Stopped playing Squadrons in PSVR because it looked like ass at points on PS4 Pro... unfortunately it still does on PS5 :(

OP
OP
Josh378

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
I held back yeah. Just did my secret Santa wishlists which includes Nioh 2, GoT, TLOU 2, and Sekiro Game of the Year edition. I'll be set for a bit with those and will wait to get the Nioh 2 PS5 upgrade for free. I also threw in the PS5 version of Miles Morales for good measure lol.

I still have Rdr2 in my backlog though so maybe I should load that up after I'm done Demon's Souls....

RdR2 I held back as well, but I don't expect them to patch in a 60 FPS for PS5/XBX upgrade.

Omnistalgic

self-requested temp ban
Oct 27, 2017
NJ
Nah, I've held off on 4 for PS5.

Ghost
Days Gone
Nioh 2
Sekiro

And a bonus, I've never played Witcher 3, I think it's enhanced on PS5.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
I was really hyped to play TLoU2. Even went back and did a replay of TLoU Remastered in anticipation. However, after hearing there was a chance that a PS5 version may be released, I decided that I might as well just hold of since I know I'll going to want to own the best version of the game.

Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Yup, same here. I assume that Ghost has gotten its PS5 upgrade so I plan to buy it now at sale, but TLoU2 I'm waiting until the must-come PS5 patch/upgrade/remaster.

OP
OP
Josh378

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Nah, I've held off on 4 for PS5.

Ghost
Days Gone
Nioh 2
Sekiro

And a bonus, I've never played Witcher 3, I think it's enhanced on PS5.

REALLY?! I got the GoTY edition and have not played it either...that's a must play as well.

Dang, all this backlog and I might have to hold back on buying PS5 games since I'm still backlogged on PS4 games...wife wants me to get the CoD version for PS5 but not with all those GoTY games that I have to play...lol!

jonasvutt

Jan 17, 2018
No. I planned to buy a PS4 Pro in 2018 alongside Spider-Man, but with the rumours of a PS5 launching in 2019, I was waiting for that since then. I have a bunch of games since 2018 that I never played because I was waiting to play with better frame rates: Sekiro, Jedi Fallen Order, Resident Evil 3, Final Fantasy VII, Ghost of Tsushima, Nioh 2, Days Gone, among others.

DubleDuce

Jan 15, 2018
Congrats OP, you are indeed the only person to wait to play PS4 games on a PS5.

With backlogs being what they are, I'm sure a ton of people did exactly the same as you.

Deleted member 50374

alt account
Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I really wanna play Final Fantasy 7 and GoT but at the moment I might just mod my PS4, I'm okay with the performance but not the noise. I've seen people just rigging up CPU coolers lol, might do the same. PS5 is kinda a lot of money for a couple games

psionotic

May 29, 2019
I'm with you. I'll pick up TLoU2, Days Gone, and FF7 remake during the winter/spring doldrums.

Inti

Nov 20, 2017
You're not. I didn't play Ghost of Tsushima precisely because I wanted to play it on a PS5. I even hesitated to play The Last of Us 2 because of this, even though it's one of my favorite game IPs ever, which is why I couldn't wait in the end.

Did the same for the Series X and even third parties. I haven't played Doom Eternal, I am now digging into Forza Horizon 4 and will play Ori 2 now. Pretty much with this thinking.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
Yeah, my plan has always been PS5 Black Friday 2021 with whatever bundle, and then buying cheap copies or complete editions for the games I wanted to try out.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Yep.
Have ghost of tsushima now. Waiting in a 60fps patch of last of us 2 and crash 4 before i dive into them

Muitnorts

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I left GoT near the start of Act 2. I just got distracted by other stuff but when they announced the 60fps patch I made sure not to go back.
Other than that I decided to just treat PS4 games as PS4 games. There was a long build up to PS5 and its launch lineup is actually really strong so I didn't feel the need to pad it with too many new previous gen games.

Oct 27, 2017
I decided to hold off on Ghost of Tsushima at launch hoping that when the PS5 came out there'd be some differences (also a sale), just finished Miles Morales, so that's next on my list.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To be honest, I am still holding off the even better performing BC titles because I hope for a native port :(

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I held off playing pretty much everything this year except Tlou2 just so I can play them on the ps5.

Not too fussed whether I play the ps4 or upgraded version to be honest.