• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Radarscope1

Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty much with you. I am in my final year of a grad degree (plus job, family, etc.) so I don't have a ton of time. I'm going to reward myself with a PS5 next summer and will have a lot of great PS4 games to get to on it when I do.

GSG

Oct 25, 2017
I did the same thing minus FF7R. Played through FF7R earlier in the year(thank god, wouldn't want to go through that slog right now with all these other games available), but I held back on GoT and TLOU2. I beat God of War this year for the first time, but I wish I waited after seeing all the PS5 enhancements.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
I also did this, but now it's weird because TLOU2 doesn't look like it's getting an update. I hope more come soon- 60 fps on these games would be amazing.

Scruffy8642

Jan 24, 2020
Yeah basically everything released this year will be a PS5 game in my book when they get upgrades - Ghosts, Last of Us 2, Nioh 2, Dreams, Crash 4, Doom Eternal. Everything except FF7R which I ended up getting from someone.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Held off as well.

Only played through Days Gone(wish I held off on given the upgrades), but I got it during some $20 PSN sale last summer and couldn't put it down after testing it out for kicks, ended up addicted and earning the platinum.

Didn't bother with TLOU2, GoT, even God of War and Spiderman PS4 I never finished. Knowing the PS5 was coming, I purposefully avoided purchase or playing further until the new console. (The old Spidey PS5 'loading' demo like a year ago convinced me to not touch that game again on PS4 after~12 hours).

Nice bonus is that I just got GoT on sale and it has all the upgraded patches and the perf boost, so its going to be real special on PS5. Days Gone players are also in for a treat.

Hoping for a LoU2 patch as I plan to play other games first to see if it happens.

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I rarely buy games day one or even year one, and right now I have a bunch of PSNow games on top of my own backlog games to play... I was tempted to get TLOU2 in the Black Friday deal but I will just wait till at least Xmas or early next year when it might be even cheaper. But I am not rushing for it (or for GoT), as long as I have what to play I can just wait to get them and play them on a PS5 later.

Falchion

Oct 25, 2017
Boise
Yep, waiting on TLOU2 and FF7 until we get some info about next gen. Going to play Ghost of Tsushima soon though since that got the 60 fps update.

Tanston

Nov 29, 2017
I put my GoT play through on hold waiting for the PS5 and I also had bought days gone in a sale over the summer and figured I might as well wait for ps5. Is it worth playing these games now on ps5 or wait for some kind of upgrade patch (maybe that already happened i wasn't keeping track).

Eyad

Nov 17, 2020
I'm still waiting for next-gen version of Yakuza 7 (PS5), Crash 4 and Mafia 1.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
The only games I held off to play on PS5 were Saints Row the Third Remastered (which runs fantastically on PS5), and Mafia Definitive Edition (sounds like they haven't announced a patch to add an unlocked framerate toggle so I might just get it on PC after all). Otherwise I just played the big stuff earlier this year on PS4, I didn't want to wind up with a massive backlog for December.

Jimbobsmells

Nov 17, 2017
Yes I'm in the same boat. I only just bought GoT on sale, and I'm not buying LOU2 until it's clear what's going on (or not) with upgrades for PS5.

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
I had already got the Platinum Trophy in Ghost of Tsushima on PS4, but I loaded it up on PS5 anyways just to see how it looked. I got a new TV as well, so jumping from seeing it at 1080p 30fps to 4k 60fps with HDR was amazing. Could hardly believe it's a PS4 game!

DC5remy

Jan 20, 2018
Denver co
Last of Us 2 (after GoT is completed)
Final Fantasy 7 (after LoU2)
GoT (currently playing)
Days Gone (Last but not least)

Right now, GoT is looking amazing on the PS5 and with the fast loading and clear as day graphics on my 4k KS8000 65 inch TV, it looks amazing!!!

Feels like I'm playing a PS5 next gen game at launch!

GoT is my current GoTY, but I haven't played LoU2 nor FFVII, but I brought them day one on their release date.

Anyone else held back just for PS5 with their PS4 games?

My list is almost the same as yours. I just bought last of us 2 digital. Stopped playing doom knowing it would be upgraded.

Dr. Zoidberg

Oct 25, 2017
Decapod 10
I'm going back even further. I'm playing God of War for the first time despite owning it for quite a while. Just finished Infamous First Light last night too. I've still got Ratchet and Clank and Spider-Man from PS4 to play.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
I couldn't wait on TLoU PT.II and Ghost of Tsushima and I'm glad I didn't,they were both fantastic even on my launch model PS4.
I just bought Control Ultimate Edition in the PSN sale but will wait for the PS5 upgrade...and I'm also not going anywhere near Cyberpunk 2077 until the full PS5 version drops.

Scently

Oct 27, 2017
The last PS exclusive that I played to completion is Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy. This despite buying PS4Pro at launch. I bought Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition in 2018 or so. I started GOW twice in the past two years but I am now playing the unpatched version from the start on the PS5. It's nice knowing I have quite a number of PS4 exclusives + PS5 exclusives to play atm; Days Gone/GOT @ ~4k/60fps, HZD, Spiderman Remastered/MM, Sackboy, TLOU2 once it gets the inevitable remaster/enhanced BC. All this plus whatever is coming out next year....

Last edited:

Teddie28

Nov 2, 2017
I held off too. Plan was to play TLOU:R and then play TLOU2 on PS5. Well I did not like TLOU at all haha so that didn't work out. Plan still holds for Ghosts though.

mcruz79

Apr 28, 2020
Man, I can't even imagine people that didn't play tlou2, days gone, ghost of Tsushima, spider man, ffvii remake, god of war and many others...
what a time to be a gamer for then, to play all this fantastic games for the first time and enhanced on PS5.
Unfortunately, the last few years has been a little rough for me and I passed a huge amount of time in home, so I played more videogame than ever and played absolute every big release I wanted on PS4 and xbox one...
I don't have any backlog unfortunately.

t26

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finished Last of Us II and FF7 and waited for Ghost and Days Gone. Which is prefect as they are one getting PS5 patch

bob100

Oct 29, 2017
I haven't bought any PS5 games as am just using the playstation plus collection to finish off my backlog...then once I'm done I'll get ps5 games and hopefully the games will be much cheaper

God of War
Days Gone
Resi 7

All of my list to play first

myojinsoga

Oct 29, 2017
I'm still dodging TLOU2 spoilers. As much as I loved the first and wanted to play, it just seemed like the wrong moment. Covid didn't help. I wasn't in the mood for anything that grim. But it's also clear there's a better version somewhere round the corner, and I'd like to play that.

GoT was always a 'wait for sale' for me.

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
Last of Us 2 (after GoT is completed)
Final Fantasy 7 (after LoU2)
GoT (currently playing)
Days Gone (Last but not least)

Right now, GoT is looking amazing on the PS5 and with the fast loading and clear as day graphics on my 4k KS8000 65 inch TV, it looks amazing!!!

Feels like I'm playing a PS5 next gen game at launch!

GoT is my current GoTY, but I haven't played LoU2 nor FFVII, but I brought them day one on their release date.

Anyone else held back just for PS5 with their PS4 games?
Did the same. And with their bc looking good, may not even bother with remasters and just find cheap discs of these games in a couple of years.

Jaypah

Oct 27, 2017
I stopped with GOW honestly. I almost picked it up but I wanted to play it on a Pro. I also felt the PS5 was too close to buy a Pro so I didn't play any of the 1st party stuff starting with GOW. I can't wait to dive into everything.

Oct 25, 2017
Playing ghost of T on PS5 is like playing another game. It feels and looks so insane. Hoping last of us and FF7R get a nice bump too as I have them but haven't played them.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I deliberately skipped Ghosts of Tsushima and that turned out to be a good choice. Still haven't played it but I'm looking forward to it.

I held off on my Hard Mode run off FF7R in hopes of a next gen upgrade. Fingers crossed.

//ARCANUM

Oct 25, 2017
not specific to playstation games, but im not gonna buy or play Cyberpunk until the next gen patch is released. I've got too many amazing games to play as it is, so it not being next gen patched yet just makes the choice easy.

Juraash

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't hold off on all the games but there are several from this year that I didn't get to, like Ghost. So I'm excited to play them for the first time on PS5 and get the added benefits that go with.

Wandu

Oct 27, 2017
Yakuza: Like a Dragon

When PS5 version was announced to a March release date, I just decided not to download my preorder and get the PS5 version when available since it was a free upgrade. I possibly would've played if it PS4 saves worked on PS5, but since that is not the case currently, I would rather wait.

Oct 25, 2017
The Last of Us was actually good on PS4 compared to its messy PS3 version. I'm going to assume the same is the case for Part II so I will own the game soon but not play until a PS5 upgrade comes.

And I don't really trust what people say about the technical achievement of Part II on PS4 because I heard the same thing about the original on PS3 and it was often sub-30, some low resolution textures, poor looking areas, etc. The PS4 version was the game they wanted to make the first time clearly.

Adamska

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I had to stop playing every PS4 game since I sold mine in anticipation of the PS5. Actually excited to be able to jump back into Shadow of Mordor knowing it'll be in 4K now (due to the PS4 Pro improvements).

KillerAJD

Oct 25, 2017
Played TLOU2 because I just wanted to get that over with before getting spoiled somewhere, but held off on GoT, and while I played about an hours worth of Days Gone when it came out, I ended up switching to other stuff, so I've got that waiting for me now too. Started up GoT yesterday, and so far, it's fantastic!