• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, that was my short lived thread. It's certainly interesting how much they've been on board but I guess it is highly speculative to make the reach to an IP collaboration from that support. I mean, Ubisoft hasn't shown the kind of support that Bethesda has and they were given a Mario game, so maybe that's not the reason Bethesda is showing this support.

Anyway, I do think we'll hear about two or three third party collaborations this year, though maybe not next week, including MP4 probably.

Of course it's highly speculative! Lol. It's possible they've been in talks for a while and used their current games as tests as to whether there was an audience for such games. It's odd Nintendo mentioned a "new team" but has since said absolutely nothing about it. Perhaps it wasn't set in stone yet.

Maybe we will know more next week, but I honestly I don't expect much if any Metroid talk in the direct.

jchap

Oct 27, 2017
Civ 6, baby

ss_f501156a69223131ee8b12452f3003698334e964.1920x1080.0.jpg

If this happened:

2560923-3329982840-doubl.gif

julian

Oct 27, 2017

not mine. saw it posted on another site. get in the bunker? posted claimed early feb launch

looks like
- folders
- icon sorting
- themes
- vc
- parties (rooms)
- media apps
- cloud saves

I'm going to call bullshit on this if only because it seems to address every major concern too succinctly. It's simply toooo good to be true. Plus the folder image makes little sense and the user showed a folder action without selecting it. So it displays 4 of the icons in a square? I guess that could work? But suspicious to show the idea of it and not select it.

In addition, am I mistaken in thinking the online service was delayed? If so, are we to expect cloud saves for free?

But most importantly, I didn't see one unexpected thing. Everything was a wish list item. When has that ever happened?

Nov 3, 2017
I was doing some research on Retro Studios and it makes a lot of sense why they're taking so long to reveal their new game. If we're assuming that their working on a brand-new IP (as rumoured), they have a lot of work ahead of them. Coming up with the idea, fleshing it out, updating their dev tools for the HD era, and creating/modifying a proprietary engine( if they're using one) can take years and years. The studio also has a history of slow development and big crunches before launch so idk if we'll see their game before 2019

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
The problem is Bamco has no idea about the FPS genre. At least I don't recall them ever making such a game. I also don't see any game with leveldesign on par with Prime or Souls games. I really fucking hope Kenji Yamamoto is back for the soundtrack at least.
Throwing this out there, but what experience can you point to for Retro before Metroid Prime

Oct 25, 2017
I think people would even be more mad if Bamco was involved with Donkey Kong......or maybe not? dunno....

Yeah basically in that thread a while back where Bamco said they were making exclusives for the Switch he hinted that there was first party title that they were involved(4th game in a series) with that is also separate from the three exclusives they had planned for this year. Since not a lot of Nintendo`s games were left off at a third game....well you get why people lumped Prime with what he said.

Pikmin

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

What do you think Nintendo's first party lineup will be for this year?
Outside of what we know I expect a new 2D Mario for Switch to be one of the big holiday titles and Smash Bros. to be announced and released soon.
No reason for Nintendo to hold back after Mario Kart 8: Deluxe. It could just be Smash Bros. Wii U + 3DS combined with updated assets, more single player content and additional modes.

If MP4 makes 2018 we'd be looking at something like this:

Q1: Bayonetta 1+2 / Kirby
Q2: Smash Bros / Fire Emblem / Mario Odyssey Lost Worlds DLC
Q3: Yoshi / Metroid Prime 4
Q4: Pokemon / Mario / Bayonetta 3

The biggest question is what they're going to sprinkle in between. Pikmin would make sense but Nintendo has talked about 'non traditional' franchises.
Which would mean franchises that have been dormant for a while or obscure NES-games brought back on the Switch. So it could be anything between Mario Strikers for the world cup and F-Zero or WarioWare to Adventures of Lolo.

Nintendo's biggest 'problem' next year would be not to have too many games released.
They have released a Zelda-something every year as well.
A Dark World DLC for BOTW?
Another remake (Link's Awakening)?

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
Nintendo's biggest 'problem' next year would be not to have too many games released.
They have released a Zelda-something every year as well.
A Dark World DLC for BOTW?
Another remake (Link's Awakening)?

If Mario Maker doesn't make this year, I propose the idea of a Shrine Building expansion/spin-off of BOTW, not dissimilar to Portal 2's Perpetual Testing Initiative:

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If Mario Maker doesn't make this year, I propose the idea of a Shrine Building expansion/spin-off of BOTW, not dissimilar to Portal 2's Perpetual Testing Initiative:

Mario Maker is also a good guess. But I'm not sure they'd release it this year or just keep it on the shelf for the inevitable drought.

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If MP4 makes 2018 we'd be looking at something like this:

Q1: Bayonetta 1+2 / Kirby
Q2: Smash Bros / Fire Emblem / Mario Odyssey Lost Worlds DLC
Q3: Yoshi / Metroid Prime 4
Q4: Pokemon / Mario / Bayonetta 3

Why would you ever make a confident prediction of some DLC which there is no evidence of existing? Literally just because 'apparently' someone at Nintendo said they only made Galaxy 2 because the Wii's storage capacity made DLC impossible (despite the fact that they'd obviously make more money from releasing a brand new game), people have twisted that into expecting substantial new Odyssey paid DLC, despite Nintendo always announcing DLC for other games when the base game is released. Just weird.

Nintex

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why would you ever make a confident prediction of some DLC which there is no evidence of existing? Literally just because 'apparently' someone at Nintendo said they only made Galaxy 2 because the Wii's storage capacity made DLC impossible (despite the fact that they'd obviously make more money from releasing a brand new game), people have twisted that into expecting substantial new Odyssey paid DLC, despite Nintendo always announcing DLC for other games when the base game is released. Just weird.
I dunno, seems to make sense for them after the success of the BOTW and Mario Kart 8 DLC. They could just bring over Isle Delfino and drop in some moons. Maybe a level or two from other 3D Mario's like Galaxy and 3D World.
Easy money.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Woah, amazing idea. Never thought of this. Creating, sharing and playing shrines people made online. That would be mindblowing. I am sure people would make amazing and long dungeons. It would make the wait for the next Zelda much easier. Do it Nintendo!

Oct 31, 2017
I remember before the switch was released there was a resubmission for wave racer pilot wings and hd Mario's. I think that these all will be part of the next faze of released for the switch.
I am very happy how Nintendo have succeeed with the switch but I feel we have many surprises to come .
Some could be a further enhancement to the console. Apps, or even a new addition to the family.
I feel that given how much QOL devices have took off this could be the next chapter in the *FIT* series.

Oct 31, 2017
Imo I think we will see a new *Diddy Kong Racer before any kart.

I am also very happy that 3rd party are falling over themselves to develop on switch now.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
damn 4529 posts... what is this thread about now?

any hints regarding the amazon placements or did the thread just go crazy?

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
MK8D is selling like a new entry. There is no need for a MK9 right now, they can use its team to make another game and diversify the catalogue.
Yeah. Personally, I believe MK8 Deluxe is the last standalone Mario Kart atleast on the Switch. I mean what else could they add? Characters and maps can be added through DLC. Same goes for Smash Bros 4. To be honest, these two series are the only ones from Nintendo that I feel to get more same-y with each entry, but that may be because of the genre they are in.

MatrixMan.exe

Oct 25, 2017
The problem is Bamco has no idea about the FPS genre. At least I don't recall them ever making such a game. I also don't see any game with leveldesign on par with Prime or Souls games. I really fucking hope Kenji Yamamoto is back for the soundtrack at least.

Retro never made an FPS before Prime. Guerilla had never made a third person action adventure/RPG before Horizon. Things could work out.

Glio

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
The only sense that a Mario Kart 9 in Switch would have would be something like the Forza Horizon of Forza
Open world and so

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah. Personally, I believe MK8 Deluxe is the last standalone Mario Kart atleast on the Switch. I mean what else could they add? Characters and maps can be added through DLC. Same goes for Smash Bros 4. To be honest, these two series are the only one from Nintendo that I feel to be a bit same-y with each entry, but that may be because of the genre they are in.

Every Mario Kart game brang something new

N64 first ever 3D Mario Kart
GameCube, huge graphics leap and Switching feature
Wii, motion controls and online play on consoles
Wii U, first ever HD Mario Kart

There is really nothing to add to this franchise. If Nintendo were to make another Mario Kart on Switch with more of the same it would get panned by critics. The Switch isn't a graphical leap in comparison to Wii U so the game would look the same graphically. I think they should just add some DLC to the game, more characters and more battle maps, and more cups. 4 cups would be perfect. 2 cups with some good classic tracks from the older games that didn't make it. And 2 cups with some new tracks they should feature some tracks based on Mario Odyssey. But the main Mario Kart team should focus on a new IP after Arms or even make a Wave Race game or just go all out and make a Twisted Metal type game but with Nintendo characters, call it Super Smash Cars.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

What do you think Nintendo's first party lineup will be for this year?

Basically what 3DS has in 2 years.

I keep my crazy conspiracy theory that year they will trade console devs/handheld devs. 2017 was console devs (what they would release in 2 years) and 2018 is handheld devs.

Kirby, Fire Emblem, Yoshi .... all ips that had focus on handheld before. So maybe Animal Crossing with a Pokemon 2018 being delayed to 2019 at the last minute
Or a Top Down Zelda

Based on 4chan so probably no

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Nintendo Selects don't do quotes on boxes and I haven't seen them do that for marketing.

That ALBW conjecture does reminds me of something - before Metroid Samus Returns got announced, there were rumours and speculation flying around about Climax Studios in the UK working on a Metroid game. It wasn't Climax of course, but they hinted in Twitter comments they were working for Nintendo on something that wasn't Metroid. In an old tweet, they showed off a pic of Riftstar Raiders running on Switch and there was a toy Hylian shield in the shot and that was their hint. I always thought it meant they were porting a Zelda game, like SS, to Switch, much like how Tantalus ported TP to Wii U.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Switch train about the leave the station and begin is 2018 route man

Very excited to see what they have lined up!

Status
Not open for further replies.