• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
It was pretty tough trying to get a decent shipment date from Amazon Fresh (plus finding items on stock)

Surprisingly, I tried ordering a really small item (3.5mm adapter for my headphones) last Friday and it arrived today.

rockinreelin

Oct 27, 2017
what are they delivering though? i tried getting something on amazon fresh and it was basically impossible to set a date. this is why grocery stores need to stay open. no way in hell you can depend on online to get you what you need.

To get a slot you gotta play the game. Stay up till 12am and then between 12 and 1230 they reset the slot availability. I did this PST/PDT so not sure if it is time zone dependent(west coast here). Keep refreshing the confirm select day/hour page and slots will appear. Though paper goods will disappear from your cart as other people will have purchased them already. After two weeks i finally was able to get a fresh delivery through using this method lol.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I ordered a tool kit which arrived next day, other things on my wishlist are showing 4 day delivery with prime, where as a few things still say tomorrow.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
To get a slot you gotta play the game. Stay up till 12am and then between 12 and 1230 they reset the slot availability. I did this PST/PDT so not sure if it is time zone dependent(west coast here). Keep refreshing the confirm select day/hour page and slots will appear. Though paper goods will disappear from your cart as other people will have purchased them already. After two weeks i finally was able to get a fresh delivery through using this method lol.

Is that really how it works? It's 1:45am PST now, so maybe they're just all booked already but yeah they're all greyed out. Been checking occasionally, but haven't seen a non-greyed out option once on fresh. Feels like back in the Ticketmaster days.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
Not everything people order on amazon is just for entertainment. We order a lot of supplies for our store through amazon because they are actually cheaper on a lot of stuff than our suppliers. So this means we'll have to raise prices on customers.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered computer parts early anticipating this.

Use Best Buy curbside pickup for now for your tech stuff.

BennyWhatever

Oct 27, 2017
US
It's times like these that I miss RadioShack. It would be awesome to have a curbside pickup/drivethrough Radioshack just to get stuff like ethernet cables or aux adapters or something.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The more local stores have to close, the more pressure will be placed on websites to deliver things people want. There's not really anything you can do unless you outright ban all internet orders of non-essential items and that would be a disaster.

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're killing me over here

nWMtubN.png

where am I supposed to get my M&Ms now?

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed this. I can't get an Ethernet cable until mid April lol. I understand why it has to be this way, it's just that without being able to go to a store, this just cripples the economy even more for people who wanted to continue buying non-essentials during this time.
If you live in the US and have a Walmart near you (who doesn't?) you can get one there. All Walmarts are grocery stores now so their entire store is open.

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
My copy of Reno 911! the complete series on DVD came next day when I coupled it with my 3 month supply of coffee. Glad they have their priorities straight.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
It seems weird to de-prioritize computer related things considering just how many people need to work from home now. I get that it's not as important as food and other essentials, but it'd be nice if there was some stock so people can easily continue their jobs.

I ordered Animal Crossing as a gift to my big sister and niece last week and it still seems to be on track to be delivered to them in the next few days.

...Maybe Animal Crossing is high-priority?
They already had that in their channels before they changed their priorities. Everything that's in their stock will ship fine, but once those things start to run out, it's going to be slim pickins. I really have doubts about upcoming games.

otherlank

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered an item which was in stock and the estimated delivery date is May 12th. Its fine because I don't need it now, but that's much longer than a month. I now expect many non-essentials to take this long.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
This is the right thing to do IMO. Prioritize household essentials like TP, food goods, diapers, formula, etc... And deprioritize nice-to-haves. I noticed this last week I added a laptop stand to my cart on ... Sunday, and it had a Mon or Tue delivery, then they changed the warehouse rules, adn when I bought it on Monday or Tuesday it shifted to *this* monday.

I think that's ok. I can live without having my monitor in the perfect position for a week if it means we get our delivery of diapers on time in a couple weeks.

Gunship

Oct 28, 2017
You need to put for the USA in the thread title, UK deliveries seem to be fine for now.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Yup, noticing essentials are still a couple days, but other stuff (like computer and electronic equipment I frequently get for clients via Amazon) are all April shipping dates.
Understandable. I'll switch up vendors for the time being.

EDebs1916

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Looks like everything not falling into these 6 categories has the delayed delivery: baby products, health and household, beauty and personal care, grocery, industrial and scientific, and pet supplies

Baby products are still delayed for me. I'm in Chicago, I've got a 4 month old and its giving me dates 2 weeks out for formula deliver.

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
The problem here is for the high risk and elderly which I am (the former, not the later). I was depending on Amazon for home delivery because I can't drive. Forget about getting what you want delivered from the grocery, and I really can't afford that anyways.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
Although its 100% necessitated by todays reality, Amazon probably should refund a nice chunk of people's prime fee this year. $120 is pretty big money and people spent that to get 2 day delivery on whatever things they order

The delays are understandable and done for the right reason, but at the same time, people paid for a service and aren't getting anything close to that standard of service, so I think a partial refund is justified.

leburn98

Nov 1, 2017
Seems to be fine here in Canada so far. Had to order a display port to HDMI cable (working from home). It came in a couple days. If anything, orders have gotten here quicker. The delivery guy often brings my packages around 2-3PM and lately I've been getting them in the morning.

Jmdajr

Oct 25, 2017
Time to order from other stores. You have Walmart, Target, BestBuy, New Egg, etc.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Although its 100% necessitated by todays reality, Amazon probably should refund a nice chunk of people's prime fee this year. $120 is pretty big money and people spent that to get 2 day delivery on whatever things they order

The delays are understandable and done for the right reason, but at the same time, people paid for a service and aren't getting anything close to that standard of service, so I think a partial refund is justified.

It's still free shipping and you are getting every other perk. I'm not an Amazon apologist by any means, but this is a reason that should kind of be exempt and not in their control for not making the times. More stuff getting shipped via UPS, which is also slowed a bit.

deathsaber

Nov 2, 2017
It's still free shipping and you are getting every other perk. I'm not an Amazon apologist by any means, but this is a reason that should kind of be exempt and not in their control for not making the times. More stuff getting shipped via UPS, which is also slowed a bit.

Its also free shipping if you spend $25 (I think most do on your average order). Granted, longer shipping time for the free option, but since that's the standard Prime people are seeing, that's a problem. I'll wager 95% of Prime members are in for the 2 day shipping service, and not the streaming channel or any other benefit.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed this a week ago when ordering some office supplies for my wife and I to work from home.

I wonder if this will cause some kind of rebound for retail.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Presuming ill get a refund on my prime membership?

Even though this is a "out of their hands" issue like I mentioned, if these guys are asking CUSTOMERS for donations for their COVID-impacted employees, that should tell you how many refunds (even if partial) they will probably be giving out. I'm sure if enough people yell at CS people they can get their way, but it depends how much you want that money back/how much you want to bother CS people.

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
I've still been getting all my stuff pretty quickly but that might be because I live right near a warehouse.

It makes sense though, all the stores are closed so everybody is jumping on Amazon to get everything and now they are getting hit like crazy, something has to give.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I order lots of things from Amazon US and it seems like they have also stopped doing international shipping, which makes sense. It seems like they will honour existing orders but most, if not all items sold by Amazon themselves are not shipping here.

I know it's a first world problem but hopefully when things resume in however number of months, shipping internationally will resume. My local Amazon is bad when it comes to almost everything.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I was going to order a CD and a board game a few hours ago at work. Both were sold by Amazon and Prime-eligible. The game said it'd be here in two days, the CD said April 22nd. I looked at the third-party sellers for the CD and it looks like I can get a copy imported from the UK faster than that.

Lexad

"This guy are sick"
Nov 4, 2017
Real glad my wrist guard got in with 2 days. Was noticing wrist pain from my office set up